A-League Round 22 Happy St. Patricks Day Round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Better late than never hey.. sorry guys.

Friday March 15th 7:50pm
Adelaide V Perth

Saturday March 16th 5:35pm
Newcastle V CCM
Saturday March16th 7:50pm
Melbourne Victory V Brisbane

Happy St. Particks Day :)
Sunday March 17th 5:00pm

Wellington V Western Sydney
Sunday March 17th 7:00pm
Sydney FC V Melbourne City

Predictions: Perth 3-0 Newcastle 3-0 Victory 3-1 Wellington WSW 1-1 Sydney 2-1

Enjoy the football and Happy Drinking :beermug: ;)

Last edited:

D1w-dAyU4AAvDAf.jpg

The 2nd best ending to a game all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain to me and justify why the penalty was re-taken?

The penalty was saved, Georgievski encroaches (as did many players) but he put the ball in the back of the net.

Newcastle should not have been given a 2nd attempt. To me, the only correct decision is a free-kick to Central Coast.

Can someone explain to me and justify why the penalty was re-taken?

The penalty was saved, Georgievski encroaches (as did many players) but he put the ball in the back of the net.

Newcastle should not have been given a 2nd attempt. To me, the only correct decision is a free-kick to Central Coast.

That's the rule, if there is any encroachment its a retake no matter what the result of the first penalty is.

That's the rule, if there is any encroachment its a retake no matter what the result of the first penalty is.
Do you mean if either team encroaches?

Like many rules in various sports, this is a terrible rule and should be changed.

Utterly shocking rule. Team A earns a penalty. Penalty is saved. But Team A encroached. So penalty is re-taken. Team A scores.

If it happened more often (ie. penalty, encroachment, save, score off rebound, penalty re-taken), I think it wouldn't be long before the rule was changed.

Utterly shocking rule. Team A earns a penalty. Penalty is saved. But Team A encroached. So penalty is re-taken. Team A scores.

If it happened more often (ie. penalty, encroachment, save, score off rebound, penalty re-taken), I think it wouldn't be long before the rule was changed.
Yeah nah this isn't the law. The reason the penalty was re-taken is because both teams encroached. If it had only been the attacking team it is an indirect free kick to the defending team if it is saved or a re-take if they score.

This is from Law 14 of the laws.

Wonder how long it is before a big club comes for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back