Up the Coasters Eagles are the 2018 premiers!!!!

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Do we win the flag without Schofield? Don't think so. He was huge.
We'd have to live in a world with Collingwood as premiers and Jordan De Goey being a NS Medallist after kicking a bag of 7 most likely. *shudders*

Do we win the flag without Schofield? Don't think so. He was huge.

No.

Shuey and Sheed put a fair bit of distance between the pack with some clutch goals, but at half time a Schofield or Barrass Norm Smith was very much a possibility.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
No.

Shuey and Sheed put a fair bit of distance between the pack with some clutch goals, but at half time a Schofield or Barrass Norm Smith was very much a possibility.
Gov said it best after the game when he said that he might get most of the recognition but they were a back 6 group.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
No.

I had Barrass down for the Norm basically until the last quarter.

I had money on 10 different players for the norm. Shuey wasn’t one of them :(

I thought Sheed might’ve stole it with that kick.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I had Barrass down for the Norm basically until the last quarter.

I had money on 10 different players for the norm. Shuey wasn’t one of them :(

I thought Sheed might’ve stole it with that kick.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was on Yeo and Redden thinking Shuey had been quiet in the finals. I'll never forgive myself. I have a framed and signed Shuey poster on my wall which I'm not embarrassed to say I smooched in that Port after the siren victory.

Having rewatched the prelim I'm not even sure why I thought Shuey was quiet that game. He did a fair bit

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Langdon was great, but he did have some errors that stood out. I think he was arguably their best player over 4 quarters though.

For me Shuey and Schofield were easily our best players, but Schofield was never going to win the norm smith.

Not all of Shuey's disposals were bullets, but each one was perfect for the situation he was in. For example, one of his first kicks of the game was a pass i50, it was too good to be true, it went into open space and even deviated to the right after crossing the 50m line ever so slightly to Kennedy's advantage, who was being defended very closely. You couldn't plan a better kick.
Then he had kicks where he took it off hands at the stoppage, with two steps to get ball on boot he launched it 50 metres on the full, to hit grass near/behind Darling and then it rolled an extra 15 metres out of bounds, that sort of territory without being pinned deliberate was awesome. Even his kicks to nobody were going 55 metres and hitting grass, no turnovers.

He also realistically could have had 2 goals (he missed a relatively easy left foot shot) and 5 or 6 goal assists (Jk, Darling, Hutch etc missing shots from Shuey passes).

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Fox Grand Final special “We’re Flying High “ in tomorrow only goes for 30 mins?
Wonder if we’ve now seen most of it with Raw Emotion and other clips

Could someone please take a high quality screen cap of Dom Sheed’s s**t eating grin during that second quarter studio shot. Seriously avatar worthy.

a0088d0cf8f87f786477f39a8c2a294d.jpg

Back