Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
new leaked info on Snoke in Ep9....

- his identity will be revealed during the 2nd act as a plot device to directly affect luke, leia and ben solo.
- this reveal will shake the foundations, turning upside-down previous saga movies like the PT and OT
- his identity revealed will also serve to expand on his backstory inside ep9 as a way to introduce these new alien/villains from the unknown regions, who enter proceedings in the middle or 3rd act of the movie, being the main threat to all.
- after ep9 is released, a ton of canon material will be created (books, comics, etc) that delve into snoke's backstory, and tie him in with pre-existing PT/OT characters and stories, as well as enabling a ton of expanded material on ben solo.....like how darth vader/anakin got expanded on, adventures and stories he got up to, in books and comics and cartoons.
So the identity of a dead person is going to flip the whole saga on its head?

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
another leak is that there will be at least two McGuffins in ep9. It'll be something at the start of the movie, and then it'll change to something else, and perhaps yet again. Keeping the audience on the edge of their seats, and one of them will be very controversial among fans.....this to me suggests something to do with Luke/Leia's lineage (as a possibility of something controversial).
Could it be midichlorians?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Oscar Isaac, at a recent interview (like a couple days ago) let slip that at the end of the movie, there's only one Skywalker still alive.
There is Luke, Leia, Ben, Rey(?), and maybe a child of Rey and/or Ben rumored, so who out of those?

If he let something like that slip, the Disney machine will tear him apart behind the scenes.

But more so, I doubt he’d even know. I mean, something that significant in the plot would be information that only a handful of people would know. Especially not another cast member who it doesn’t directly involve.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
So the identity of a dead person is going to flip the whole saga on its head?
Apparently. Redefine the PT and OT. Because the idea seems to be Snoke was around 1000 years ago, pre-dates Palpatine, Plagueis, was a Prime Jedi, trained with Darth Nihilus, etc. So they're trying to place this entity inside the pre-known canon/legends, and redefine those eras, making the whole "Six Degrees of Snoke" thing within the SW lore.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Apparently. Redefine the PT and OT. Because the idea seems to be Snoke was around 1000 years ago, pre-dates Palpatine, Plagueis, was a Prime Jedi, trained with Darth Nihilus, etc. So they're trying to place this entity inside the pre-known canon/legends, and redefine those eras, making the whole "Six Degrees of Snoke" thing within the SW lore.
That’s sound like a cool idea why he’s still alive, the whole thing is cheapened when your realise this powerful being from 1000 years ago died quite comically.

Last edited:

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
If he let something like that slip, the Disney machine will tear him apart behind the scenes.

But more so, I doubt he’d even know. I mean, something that significant in the plot would be information that only a handful of people would know. Especially not another cast member who it doesn’t directly involve.
Hasn’t Daisy Ridley let a few thing slip?

Marvel-style awkward humour undercutting drama wasn't familiar in Star Wars either. Then it happened.

That moment in E8 where Hux played the moron getting trolled by Poe; I hope I never have to see a SW moment like that again.

Gosh imagine if Palpatine was a pawn of Snoke. I’m not sure how I’d feel about that, but probably wouldn’t like it.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gosh imagine if Palpatine was a pawn of Snoke. I’m not sure how I’d feel about that, but probably wouldn’t like it.

Yep, that's the kind of thing I'm reading into this revision/addition thing with the throne room and cloud city scenes.
Snoke in the background watching, and commenting to Palpatine or Vader.
It'll be lame imo.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
The trilogy has been all about 'bigger and better' than the OT, it wouldn't surprise me if they make moves to belittle the importance of OT events and characters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
another leak/rumor....

in the TLJ novelization it shows how when Luke was doing the force projection of himself, a voice encouraged him to let go, etc. people assumed that was obi-wan, but....

in episode 9 there's a scene where luke and rey are standing on the prime jedi mosaic and luke tells rey how anakin (his father) while in the Netherworld of the Force, taught the technique of force projection to him, soon after the time of ROTJ, and how he guided him thru the process during the events of TLJ.

we are also going to see what the Netherworld of the Force will look like in ep9, as Luke will be there.

this also is another example of how LF/JJ/etc are expanding the power of the force, so that force ghosts are able to teach new practical techniques to living beings. here, luke teaching rey, passing on this doppleganger technique to rey.

luke will be doing some new force powers that we've never ever seen/heard of before in canon or legends.

Trying to restore his legacy.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
tbh, TLJ was a disgraceful movie per se. and the whole luke thing stood out, drinking milk from an alien teet, wanting to kill nephew, decrepit old man wanting to die. just a shambles of ideas by rian johnson.
Just a poor move financially Disney should have reigned it in.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a poor move financially Disney should have reigned it in.
considering they reigned in pretty much everyone else's SW movie, fired them, forced them to rewrite scripts, etc....it's a wonder they placed RJ on their shoulders and celebrated him all the way thru to release day, defended him afterwards too, and his was by far the most ridiculous set of SW ideas. Treverrow tried to do something great and honorable. Gareth Edwards was trying to do something great (more warsy SW movie). Etc.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
some more rumors...

- snoke learned essence transfer, so theoretically has had many different identities over the 800 years, perhaps even once being darth plagueis himself, and one wonders if he managed to do that in TLJ, thus still alive.
- no official canon says plagueis was a Muun, so LF could still try to retcon all that, make snoke plagueis (at one time)
- there'll be a faction within the First Order in Ep9 (high ranking officials as well as troopers) who are opposed to Kylo and his rule, and still worship Snoke, and refer to him as Snoke the Wise, we already know Hux will be attempting a coup in Ep9
- there'll be a retcon of TLJ scene of Luke about to kill Kylo...behind the head shot of Luke, as he holds out his hand and delves into the dreams of Kylo, we then see a visual representation of kylo in the NEAR future killing all of luke's students and running off with a handful of them....this supposedly makes luke's moment of murder seem more palatable.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
another rumor/leak about luke's force power greatness and thus retconning TLJ...

- Luke is a force ghost in Ep9, but then, in front of rey and kylo, he turns from force ghost into real flesh and blood. showing he's perhaps always been still alive....or more likely.....that as an old force ghost, he can materialize temporarily into a younger flesh and blood of himself, whilst still being a force ghost really, and have that younger flesh and blood version of himself engage in lightsaber duels, etc. Apparently this idea was in the original ROTJ script, where a force ghost can materialize into a younger version who can engage with real entities.

- this as a way for JJ to appease disgruntled fans, a "clever" way to make Luke alive again -- either temporarily or permanently.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
and lastly....

- there's an eu book about how the glove and hand of vader survived the destruction of the death star in rotj, fell down a shaft and onto the surface of a nearby moon. jj borrowing that idea where instead it's vader's red lightsaber that survives, and kylo has managed to acquire it, along with vaders melted helmet, and melted body armor suit. over the years. kylo has a vader shrine on his new shuttle in ep9, and he often talks to it, and we even hear vader's breathing in these moments.

- why is kylo always talking to the helmet, in jj's mind? he did it in tfa, and he's set to do it again in ep9. so it's speculated that jj is creating hybrid force ghosts, or allowing dark siders to be force ghosts, where it's not just kylo talking delusionally to the helmet, but there's some two-way actually happening.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
considering they reigned in pretty much everyone else's SW movie, fired them, forced them to rewrite scripts, etc....it's a wonder they placed RJ on their shoulders and celebrated him all the way thru to release day, defended him afterwards too, and his was by far the most ridiculous set of SW ideas. Treverrow tried to do something great and honorable. Gareth Edwards was trying to do something great (more warsy SW movie). Etc.
I thought that was just KK not Disney

Back