Analysis Beveridge - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heat will be on if we have a similar season to last with 5-6 thumpings and a low finish on the ladder. Can’t hide behind the flag forever. I’m still very much in his corner but he’s making some odd decisions as of late..

Struggling to see us kick 16+ goals regularly with the way things are currently.

All comes down to what Dickson can provide this season. I think he’s a huge key. As well as Gowers, Schache, Wallis and one of English/Bont chopping out with a few goals.

The three Baileys will kick 12 between them every game so we just need one each from Bont Gowers Dickson and Schache and we are a lock for the flag.

Bailey Williams will kick 12 one game this season. 10 will be 55 metre roosts. The commentators will lament that he couldn’t reach Buddy’s thirteen but they will agree that he played the better game (34 disposals, 6 clearences) in what was a far closer affair (Bulldogs defeat Melbourne 107-102)

All comes down to what Dickson can provide this season. I think he’s a huge key. As well as Gowers, Schache, Wallis and one of English/Bont chopping out with a few goals.

If we are relying on Dicko we are screwed

He is 31 and injury riddled now which doesn’t get better at that age.

More importantly he is a receiver and they only excel in good teams. If Dicko plays most of the year we are going backwards

The AFL have taken runners away, now we just need them to not allow coaches to address players at quarter breaks, pre or post game and at any training at all for that matter. This may result in our players all playing in there preferred/best position and playing on instinct.

Come on AFL, you owe us for ruining our handball/throw club and our third man up domination.

The AFL have taken runners away, now we just need them to not allow coaches to address players at quarter breaks, pre or post game and at any training at all for that matter. This may result in our players all playing in there preferred/best position and playing on instinct.

Come on AFL, you owe us for ruining our handball/throw club and our third man up domination.

Is shocking for a young team like the suns who needs messages to the kids during games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, I've been celebrating our premiership last 2 years but im done ready to get back at the footy again seriously.
As for the coach love him to bits, should already extend way past 2020 and beyond.
Assistant coaching staff are fine too by me.
Now a little gripe.. the players, you know the guys who run out every week in our colors, the guys the board (love them too) pay to represent us.
those guys, the guys who get paid but miss set shots 20m out, the guys who miss handballs from 3 meters, those guys who don't man up who panic who overthink the kick, you all know the ones who are out of position who drop easy marks, who point fingers, who spend it before they get it who stop running who get paid to be fit but like a drink. Those guys are why we are where we are.
Football is played in the head by those in the guernsey on the ground.

The plan is nothing.. planning is everything. I think Bevo is safe

A

As soon as English develops into a dominant ruck and Naughton becomes the dominant key defender- we will be back. Will take at least 3 years imo.

Neither of Roughead nor Boyd could be described as "dominant" and neither of Hamling not Roberts were dominant, well, until the Grand Final anyway. Winning a grand final by playing best footy in September suggests that it's not the number of Dominant players that count, it's evenness of contribution, which implies a united playing group, and self belief. Those attributes have been missing or reduced for 2 seasons, injuries haven't helped. The Press portrayed Beveridge as a genius at generating self belief. If that's true, his value as a coach this season will be to what extent he can infuse the playing group with that belief. If he can't, perhaps time to move on to make way for another who either can or who has a different formula.

Last edited:
would be surprised if dickson manages to play half a season this year he's finished imo.
Mattdougie said:
If we are relying on Dicko we are screwed

He is 31 and injury riddled now which doesn’t get better at that age.

More importantly he is a receiver and they only excel in good teams. If Dicko plays most of the year we are going backwards
agreed, surprised he didn't retire tbh, can't expect much from him at all, don't think he'll play more than 5-6 games, he's finished as a player

would be surprised if dickson manages to play half a season this year he's finished imo.
agreed, surprised he didn't retire tbh, can't expect much from him at all, don't think he'll play more than 5-6 games, he's finished as a player
Just an opinion, or have you heard more than the club is letting on?

Dicko himself is reported to have said he's had a great pre-season.

Just an opinion, or have you heard more than the club is letting on?

Dicko himself is reported to have said he's had a great pre-season.
Just an opinion i've gathered from watching him the last couple of seasons, everybody says they've had a great preseason unless they have a serious injury, can't really read too much into what he or the club says.

He was finished at the start of last year. As you said he has 5-8 games in him at most and didn’t improve the team one inch. He will still sneak a couple but his defensive patterns and efforts are near non existent unless it’s close to him.

Why we wouldn’t he pumping games in Greene, Lipinski, Smith an co before Dicko is baffling.

If the coaching staff honestly think we can do something this year they really are delusional. After watching the JLT we are more chance of winning the spoon than making finals

Bevo took a young list to a flag and then has systematically dismantled it(WHY?) and put us into a rebuild.

His position is 100% in question at the end of this year if we finish where most pundits think we will.

Struggling to see us kick 16+ goals regularly with the way things are currently.

I agree 16 + (96-106) is a lot to ask

Particularly if we look at our averages over the last 4 years

2018 - 71.59

2017 - 84.41

2016 - 84.41

2015 - 95.77 (almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back