Prediction Best 22 R1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Er... Rowe's played 99 AFL games. Harsh!
How many AFL games have you played?

Harsh but true. How many games has anyone here played? Its a fan forum if only those who played AFL could comment, how many posters do you think there would be?

Has a great story and a testament to his character that he forged a career but he was a very average player.

Last edited:
Most of the side seems pretty straight forward at the moment. I think the last spots will come down to match ups down back. Do we need another key back in Austin, can we get away with another mid sized in Wilkie or do we feel we could use the rum off half back in Hind?

I think Marshall will play round one, but it'll come down to Paddy playing or o not as to what position he plays.

Really?
Hes a very fit player. can run all day. His passing is herrondous just bombs it BUT weirdly can kick a goal. He is defo looking better this year, in fact looks like a different person I couldnt even recognise him, looked cms shorter... lost weight? possibly.
Im not a major fan but hoping he can become a B+ player.
More looking for him as a sc prospect as he’s under valued
But enjoy the way he goes about it. Has some campaigner about him and seems very passionate

Most of the side seems pretty straight forward at the moment. I think the last spots will come down to match ups down back. Do we need another key back in Austin, can we get away with another mid sized in Wilkie or do we feel we could use the rum off half back in Hind?

I think Marshall will play round one, but it'll come down to Paddy playing or o not as to what position he plays.
You'd play Marshall forward ahead of Battle?

Best 22 across the season

Geary Brown Battle

Savage Marshall Webster

Newnes Steele Ross

Billings Membrey Long

Parker Bruce Gresham

Marshall Acres Steven

Hannebury Clark Sinclair McKenzie
Awesome we've cloned Marshall. Fixes our ruck dilemna.
I like the 2 tall fwd structure too.
Dangerous small fleet now which is great.

Awesome we've cloned Marshall. Fixes our ruck dilemna.
I like the 2 tall fwd structure too.
Dangerous small fleet now which is great.

Yep that's the difference between last year and this year. You could argue last year that we didn't have enough mediums or smalls to play with 2 marking players but we have since added Parker and Kent so why not try it. Its worked in the practice even if it was accidental.

Yep that's the difference between last year and this year. You could argue last year that we didn't have enough mediums or smalls to play with 2 marking players but we have since added Parker and Kent so why not try it. Its worked in the practice even if it was accidental.
Yep, agree it was by accident but it did work and increased fwd pressure imo.

Yep, agree it was by accident but it did work and increased fwd pressure imo.

We seem to have added a lot of fast players too. Parker, Marsh, Young, Hind etc all have pace to burn. If you want fast ball movement and to protect the ball coming out of the opposition defence, speed is ideal. Bruce straightens us up a lot more as well. He's an excellent lead.

We seem to have added a lot of fast players too. Parker, Marsh, Young, Hind etc all have pace to burn. If you want fast ball movement and to protect the ball coming out of the opposition defence, speed is ideal. Bruce straightens us up a lot more as well. He's an excellent lead.
Bruce and Robbo showed how much we missed them. Bruce and King may end up our 2 fwd talls.

However, King may just be the best suited to be a mobile ruck given the new rules.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce and Robbp shpwed how much we missed them. Bruce and King may end up our 2 fwd talls.

However, King may just be the best suited to be a mobile ruck given the new rules.
If we assume that Paddy's done, the conversation shifts. It moves to what does Marshall have to do to stave off his almost-inevitable replacement by King as the second-tall/ruck.

Another crack at the 22, probably my fourth attempt in the past week. I’m working on the assumption Steven is ready to go, as are Acres & Mckenzie & Geary is out with a calf.

I think Marsh & Rowe need to get a bit more match sim practice & learn the game plan before stepping right in.

B: Webster - Joyce - Mckenzie
HB: Savage - Battle - Clark
C: Newnes - Steele - Billings
HF: Gresham - Membrey - Long
F: Acres - Bruce - Parker
R: Marshall - Ross - Steven
I: Sinclair - Dunstan - Coffield - Kent

A shorter team. A more dynamic team.

Mckenzie & Coffield can play a little taller in the back half if required.

Plenty of quick, small options up forward.

Acres adds versatility & can play as a marking forward when Bruce rucks. Marshall can rest forward.

Plenty of midfield depth.

Another crack at the 22, probably my fourth attempt in the past week. I’m working on the assumption Steven is ready to go, as are Acres & Mckenzie & Geary is out with a calf.

I think Marsh & Rowe need to get a bit more match sim practice & learn the game plan before stepping right in.

Acres adds versatility & can play as a marking forward when Bruce rucks. Marshall can rest forward.

Noice. Acres up front adds something different too.
Plenty of speed there to mix things up a lot from last year.

I like the look of this team a lot.
Hopefully Steven, Acres and DMac are ready to go.
Webster and Savage are really going to have to step up as leaders in defence though. Pretty inexperienced without Geary.

The team has taken a beating with injury since last time I picked a side so I’ll try it again .

Hind , Joyce, Rowe
Savage , Battle , Webster
Billings , Dunstan , Clark
Steven , Marshall , Membrey
Parker , Bruce , Gresham

Pierce , Steele , Ross

Newnes , Marsh , Kent , Lonie

If fit then Paddy and Gears will play instead of Marshall and Rowe , maybe lol .
I’m hoping Steven will be right to go round one .

Austin would play but I don’t know how fit he is yet .

Marsh or Rowe ? I have no idea what they are like . Would Young , Rice or Wilkie be a better choice I have no clue lol .
Don’t Panic !!
Can’t see Rowe getting a game just yet BT
Think he’s more back up at this point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back