Preview AFLW Round 7 Fremantle vs North Melbourne, Saturday 16 March Fremantle Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

You did get too many concessions.
You’ve blown the flag and now you want an apology? Always someone else’s fault isn’t it.

They were queueing up to leave your shitty club. Even after a flag, they couldn't wait to get out the door. Because you treated them atrociously. The same way you treated the patron saint of the AFLW and former vice president Susan Alberti. Chickens come home to roost for a misogynistic boys club.

Conference system is an absolute joke. Top four sides, including yourselves, are in the same conference.

AFL has really stuffed this up.

To be fair, it's not like they deliberately picked the strongest 5 teams and placed them all in the same conference. Right?

I mean, it's not as if they took the only two premiership teams and placed them in the same conference.

And it's not as if they took another team that was highly fancied, and missed grand finals on % in previous seasons.

And it's not as if they observed the one expansion team that recruited heavily and was widely regarded as a premiership contender from the get-go and placed them in the same conference.

And on the other side of the ledger, it's not as if they took the two biggest disappointment teams of the first two seasons and placed them in the weak conference.

And it's not as if they added the expansion team that recruited youth from the draft for the future rather than for immediate competitiveness.

No, they couldn't possibly have known they were creating a strong conference and a weak conference. They couldn't possibly have known what was bleeding obvious to every observer. Because they are idiots.

To be fair, it's not like they deliberately picked the strongest 5 teams and placed them all in the same conference. Right?

I mean, it's not as if they took the only two premiership teams and placed them in the same conference.

And it's not as if they took another team that was highly fancied, and missed grand finals on % in previous seasons.

And it's not as if they observed the one expansion team that recruited heavily and was widely regarded as a premiership contender from the get-go and placed them in the same conference.

And on the other side of the ledger, it's not as if they took the two biggest disappointment teams of the first two seasons and placed them in the weak conference.

And it's not as if they added the expansion team that recruited youth from the draft for the future rather than for immediate competitiveness.

No, they couldn't possibly have known they were creating a strong conference and a weak conference. They couldn't possibly have known what was bleeding obvious to every observer. Because they are idiots.
Should've just had no conferences and every team plays each other once. Or if they want to keep it to a 7 game season, some teams miss out playing each other for that season. It was a very simple concept the AFL wanted to make into some tacky Americanised league. It's rubbish that a team with more losses than wins (Geelong) have a chance to play in a Grand Final.

The AFLW needs a woman with the balls to stand up to the moron in charge of the AFL and say no to the conference system next season and demand a fixture where every team plays each other once.
It will be interesting to see if Nicole Livingstone is that woman.

What the AFL has done is akin to splitting the men's comp into 4 conferences and having one consisting of GC, Carlton, St Kilda anf Freo and guaranteeing one of them a home final.

I suspect they have done this to maintain some sort of interest amongst the less competitive clubs.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

As disappointing as the lose was, the girls should really be proud of themselves. It looked like they just ran out of puff in the end but I really enjoyed watching the games. I will continue to support the team and look forward to watching the girls win a premiership in the near future.

And I also expect the club to be receiving priority picks in this years draft or at least getting the first pick after the expansion clubs have made their choices. I mean it would only be fair since we somehow were excluded from early picks last year. Oh wait, I forgot morons are running the show. I guess pick 147 it is. I hope we can find a slider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back