Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumper nerds, do guernseys ever get made up with proper sponsors in the correct 'game day' positions and stuff to be used purely to pitch ideas to boards (whether our board or the AFL or whatever) or does the fact there is a physical version of it at least suggest moving past the 'planning' stage?

Also would it be normal for a one-off guernsey for next season to be produced this early?

Is an interesting development for sure.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jumper nerds, do guernseys ever get made up with proper sponsors in the correct 'game day' positions and stuff to be used purely to pitch ideas to boards (whether our board or the AFL or whatever) or does the fact there is a physical version of it at least suggest moving past the 'planning' stage?

Also would it be normal for a one-off guernsey for next season to be produced this early?

Yes manufacturers will produce “sample” guernseys complete with sponsor logos for any new designs they create and then send them to the club to review and approve/bin. I have a sample of a design from the early 2000s that was never worn and it has both Scott’s and Vodafone on it.

Yes manufacturers will produce “sample” guernseys complete with sponsor logos for any new designs they create and then send them to the club to review and approve/bin. I have a sample of a design from the early 2000s that was never worn and it has both Scott’s and Vodafone on it.

So that could possibly be what this is?

I'm just trying to work out what the least exciting/ promising possibility of this could be, and I guess it would be that Port have asked ISC to produce this Guernsey so they can have a look. Which is still something I guess.

Please post photo of said guernsey.

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So that could possibly be what this is?

I'm just trying to work out what the least exciting/ promising possibility of this could be, and I guess it would be that Port have asked ISC to produce this Guernsey so they can have a look. Which is still something I guess.
The difference here is that this isn't a new design that's been cooked up and needs to be seen in the flesh. We know exactly how the prison bars look (fantastic) so there is no need for a spitball mock up.

Dec 7, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The difference here is that this isn't a new design that's been cooked up and needs to be seen in the flesh. We know exactly how the prison bars look (fantastic) so there is no need for a spitball mock up.

It needs to be mocked up and produced on ISC’s template, with AFL branding, sponsors etc to make sure everything is as it should be.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
It needs to be mocked up and produced on ISC’s template, with AFL branding, sponsors etc to make sure everything is as it should be.
So they couldn’t just use the same template as the Magpies guernsey we wore in the final just with a change of sponsors on it?
Why would it be out hanging on the rack is the more pertinent question... I have never seen it on there before, so it’s not like it is just left hanging there all the time.

Yeah BLK (now defunct in AFL) have had a few prototype jumpers doing the rounds on eBay, usually a regular jumper with different colours collars or cuffs.
Some training guernseys are also made in this arrangement.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
TeeKray

Gradient - Check
3D effect - Check
200 surplus lightning bolts - Check

Just like the designer, who now permanently resides in a padded cell, it’s about as far away from Prison Bars as you can get.

2F6C773A-72E5-4629-936F-2F5294BBDB71.jpeg

79D761DA-1D6A-463A-ACAF-60EE277F5D95.jpeg

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s way better than the weird teal lightning thing we had that time.

If I was a betting man I’d say this was the rough draft of the Sharktooth Jizzfest guernsey, before they got all fancy with the photo graphic. It has all the same elements (gradient, bolt motif, bizarre details etc).

TeeKray

Gradient - Check
3D effect - Check
200 surplus lightning bolts - Check

Just like the designer, who now permanently resides in a padded cell, it’s about as far away from Prison Bars as you can get.

View attachment 636288
View attachment 636289
I rate that. Does have a tiny touch of PBs to it and no teal either. Gets a tick from me. I’d love to get my hands on one but this probably the only one that exists (or only a few)

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I've definitely seen that before but I can't remember where.

Probably no worse than what we went with really. Glad that era of sports design is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back