Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General question - would you rather your cross-town rival was somewhat competent a la Port, or a basket case a la Freo and probably Gold Coast?
A good question. I agree with Brolga. Local competition is a good thing. It was only a JLT and
we got smashed by them last time, can't read too much into the Freo loss without "Mr. Supermanbunmodel", and coming off a shorter break. Freo are generally competitive and there have been some great derbies. But I think maybe their brand can't attract the right players. And I'm just tired of listening to the Ross Lyons banter and looking at his mournful face, he is the living embodiment of 'groundhog day'. They need a big shake up, Bell might be the start to it, paving the way for Lyons exit?

Last edited:
A good question. I agree with Brolga. Local competition is a good thing. It was only a JLT and
we got smashed by them last time, can't read too much into the Freo loss without Super-manbun-model and coming off a shorter break. Freo are generally competitive and there have been some great derbies. But I think maybe their brand can't attract the right players. And I'm just tired of listening to the Ross Lyons banter and looking at his mournful face, he is the living embodiment of 'groundhog day'. They need a big shake up, Bell might be the start to it, paving the way for Lyons exit?

So he will get a Bell end?

I will leave quietly and close the door on the way out.

General question - would you rather your cross-town rival was somewhat competent a la Port, or a basket case a la Freo and probably Gold Coast?

I would rather we didn't have a cross-town rival. They exist to be a millstone around our necks to ensure we don't get too powerful.
Piss the Dockers off to Tasmania. WA sure as f*ck doesn't need them.

I would rather we didn't have a cross-town rival. They exist to be a millstone around our necks to ensure we don't get too powerful.
Launceston Blue Dockers sounds good to me.

Carn, how boring would it be without Freo? Sport is better with evil clubs and supporters floating around.

Who are we supposed to beat in a derby then?
They give us an extra home game per season, something I enjoy.

“Two of the biggest forwards in the competition are racing against the clock to be fit for Round 1.

But should they be rushed back into the side?”

Goes on to detail how Tom Lynch and Buddy Franklin haven’t played in the preseason and may or may not be selected for round 1

Not even a passing mention of Josh Kennedy.

“Two of the biggest forwards in the competition are racing against the clock to be fit for Round 1.

Goes on to detail how Tom Lynch and Buddy Franklin haven’t played in the preseason and may or may not be selected for round 1

Jk doesnt play in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So typical!

I’d like to think it’s because every media source I’ve seen has him penciled in for round 1. I haven’t seen a ‘predicted 22’ without in him it yet.

I’ll be shocked if he does play and hope he doesn’t truth be told.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d like to think it’s because every media source I’ve seen has him penciled in for round 1. I haven’t seen a ‘predicted 22’ without in him it yet.

I’d like to think that too but at no stage as Simpson said he’s a certain starter and nobody who’s paid attention to our preseason would be thinking he’s anything better than 50/50

Carn, how boring would it be without Freo? Sport is better with evil clubs and supporters floating around.

Ideally Perth would be like Manchester in the late 2000s. It was no fun in the 1990s and early 2000s when United were winning everything and City were in the first and second division. United had Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Yorke... City's best player was Danny Tiatto. That's Western Derby #1 right there. AFL team of the 90s vs Claremont plus Ben Allan.

Then the Thais bought them and spent like drunken sailors. They were better, but United still won titles and they didn't. And then the Emiratis took over. And spent even more. And City were a legitimate threat. Now they've won 3 titles in 7 years and are right in the mix for a 4th in 8. United are stuck back in 2013 and splashing out on massive signings each year trying to play catch up.

TL;DR Freo being competitive is good but we don't want them actually winning flags. That would be awful.

Almost lost my s**t when I saw a news article with the tag line that Dom Sheed's goal 'shouldn't have been' and I immediately thought 'Are you ******* kidding? It's March and you want to bring up the bullshit non-free again?' only to find out they were referring to Sheed being on the ground when he was supposed to be off because the play was the opposite side to the bench. So yeah hardly Pulitzer winning journalism but better than expected.

Longest travel for a game we should be winning even without him (prob just jinxed us now), doesn't sound like the best way to risk JK.

Added benefit of him coming in for Round 2 is he'd be the 3rd milestone to be celebrated, along with the flag unfurling of course.

JK 200 club games :thumbsu:
Hurn 250 games :thumbsu:
Masten 200 games :thumbsu:

Longest travel for a game we should be winning even without him (prob just jinxed us now), doesn't sound like the best way to risk JK.

Added benefit of him coming in for Round 2 is he'd be the 3rd milestone to be celebrated, along with the flag unfurling of course.

That's a lot of milestone. Might tip GWS that week as we seem to stuff up milestone games usually (by my off the cuff recollections)

Looks a bit like a celebration of the Judd trade

200 club games for JJK - Acquired in Judd Trade
200 games for Masto - Acquired in Judd Trade
250 games for our first premiership skipper since Judd
Unveiling of a flag that would have been impossible without that trade.

Shame it isn't against Carlton :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back