Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know how the AFL works.
Walsh will play one decent game R1 followed by 20 forgettables and still win the RS.

Hold until you see Sam Walsh play a few games that will give a better picture perhaps.
My gut feel is he'll be a ripper and an elite AFL midfielder nothing less and yes he'll give the RS a good shake.
Sam's maturity, mentality and physical preparedness for AFL completion is quite extraordinary for a youngster.
Numerous coaches and respected footballers seem to think the same, can they be all wrong too?.

Hold until you see Sam Walsh play a few games that will give a better picture perhaps.
My gut feel is he'll be a ripper and an elite AFL midfielder nothing less and yes he'll give the RS a good shake.
Sam's maturity, mentality and physical preparedness for AFL completion is quite extraordinary for a youngster.
Numerous coaches and respected footballers seem to think the same, can they be all wrong too?.
My comments were tongue in cheek. He is definitely a great prospect.
I was more alluding to the media bias of low draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Constable (GEE): 21 disposals, 5 contested (85% DE), 1.0

Walsh (CAR): 24 disposals, 8 contested (54.5% DE), 0.1

Setterfield (CAR): 24 disposals, 8 contested (50% DE), 0.1

Drew (PA): 21 disposals, 10 contested (81% DE), 0.1

Duursma (PA): 16 disposals, 6 contested (87% DE), 1.1

Butters (PA): 13 disposals, 4 contested (53.8% DE), 2.0

Cousins (HAW): 18 disposals, 3 contested (50% DE) 2.0

Powell (GCS): 23 disposals, 7 contested (52.2% DE), 1.1

Scott (NM): 21 disposals, 4 contested (90.5% DE), 2.0

Taylor (GWS): 17 disposals, 9 contested (94.2% DE)

Plenty of worthy candidates for a rising star nomination this week.

Bailey Scott surely for this weeks RS

Walsh should get it. Charlie Constable some chance. Drew an outside chance. Think the others wait a week.

Would be surprised if Bailey Scott got it in an 80+ point flogging

Walsh should get it. Charlie Constable some chance. Drew an outside chance. Think the others wait a week.

Would be surprised if Bailey Scott got it in an 80+ point flogging
I mean, Walsh's disposal efficiency and turnovers in a 30+ point flogging should also work against him, but this is very media driven and the hype does seem to be around Walsh.

Would like to see one of the Port boys get it. They all really stood up this weekend against a quality side

I mean, Walsh's disposal efficiency and turnovers in a 30+ point flogging should also work against him, but this is very media driven and the hype does seem to be around Walsh.

Would like to see one of the Port boys get it. They all really stood up this weekend against a quality side

Let’s cut to the chase does it matter? All of the Port players are ready made this will get nominations anyway. I’m happy with Walsh getting it.

I didn’t see the Gold Voast game were there any GC rookies that did well? In a maych GC kept it close they could go that way.

Let’s cut to the chase does it matter? All of the Port players are ready made this will get nominations anyway. I’m happy with Walsh getting it.

I didn’t see the Gold Voast game were there any GC rookies that did well? In a maych GC kept it close they could go that way.
True, but I do like to see the 'best' player from that round getting the nomination. Walsh does have claim though, just think the port players were more influential.

Not a whole lot of Rising Star eligible players for us this round with most of our new players mature recruits,
Lukosius had 2 goal assists off 11 possessions which was really promising.
Wil Powell has 23 touches, 7 marks and 1.1 but was let down a little by his disposal efficiency

Walsh will also get one, so does it really matter?

Scott was probably BOG for us, and would of been close to being in the brownlow votes despite the flogging.

He went at 100% kicking efficiency and 91% disposal efficiency in a game where turnovers were everywhere.

He had clearly the highest disposal efficiency on the ground for anyone over 10 touches (from both sides) and he by no means won his ball off half back or anything.

To top it off, he also kicked 2 goals.

Considering, probably along with Butters and Walsh, he was the best performed kid in the JLT, it's clearly not an aberration.

Last edited:
Walsh will also get one, so does it really matter?

Scott was probably BOG for us, and would of been close to being in the brownlow votes despite the flogging.

He went at 100% kicking efficiency and 91% disposal efficiency in a game where turnovers were everywhere.

He had clearly the highest disposal efficiency on the ground for anyone over 10 touches (from both sides) and he by no means won his ball off half back or anything.

To top it off, he also kicked 2 goals.

Considering, probably along with Butters and Walsh, he was the best performed kid in the JLT, it's clearly not an aberration.
Man I love the support for your player and he looks like a terrific prospect but in no way was he close to brownlow votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back