Freo Hitman

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2003
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Freo right now are at a T Junction. When is our culture issue going to be addressed ??
If anyone is in denial there is one at our club , I suggest they go through each & every single individual including coaches and ask what is going on ??

I am happy to clear the decks and move on the talent. Don't care if you can play, keep your **** in order or **** off. Everyone has a clean slate today, you slip up in any major way and you are gone. This is players and staff.

Happy to take Conca talents over Harley ones if the characters are as described.

Sadly have to agree. Appears Langdon and others were right.

We appear to be a destination club for ex-pats who want a big pay packet without putting the hard work in.

I’m not unsympathetic to Jesse Hogan’s plight but you’d think that given our track record over the last few years you’d have bent over backwards to make sure he was coming for the right reasons and was in a position to contribute strongly on and off field.

Would love to have someone outline what the cultural issues are, as well as an explanation of expectations and how we work towards redemption or if in fact we simply have a one strike your out rule. I would also like to see someone explain what the current situation is and how it is currently handled (in detail) and how they would do it differently.

Then outline how we use language to convey culture and how we would change that from its current state. Then look at the other cultural drivers inherent to large groups or organisations and address them as well as how in tandem with contractual and HR obligations you would change the culture from what it is to a healthier one...

I will eagerly await a work of substance.

Would love to have someone outline what the cultural issues are, as well as an explanation of expectations and how we work towards redemption or if in fact we simply have a one strike your out rule. I would also like to see someone explain what the current situation is and how it is currently handled (in detail) and how they would do it differently.

Then outline how we use language to convey culture and how we would change that from its current state. Then look at the other cultural drivers inherent to large groups or organisations and address them as well as how in tandem with contractual and HR obligations you would change the culture from what it is to a healthier one...

Sure, will get to it between my Thesis and making the kids dinner.

Because naturally, I'm on Bigfooty to work.

Give me all the information required from the club and I will gladly do it. It's not that hard to identify usually just really ****ing difficult to get the key stakeholders to buy into change.

I believe we are going in the right direction. Our younger players are constantly banging on about how tight the group is etc. My problem is with the mindset of bringing a marquee player in with this kind of issue. Said it in another thread, my gripe is not with Jesse. Dude is just looking out for himself. My problem is with us taking the risk when what we need is stability.

1 strike is probably a little harsh, but I am currently seething about this.

Sadly have to agree. Appears Langdon and others were right.

We appear to be a destination club for ex-pats who want a big pay packet without putting the hard work in.

I’m not unsympathetic to Jesse Hogan’s plight but you’d think that given our track record over the last few years you’d have bent over backwards to make sure he was coming for the right reasons and was in a position to contribute strongly on and off field.

Didn't Hogan take a pay cut ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me all the information required from the club and I will gladly do it. It's not that hard to identify usually just really ****ing difficult to get the key stakeholders to buy into change.

I believe we are going in the right direction. Our younger players are constantly banging on about how tight the group is etc. My problem is with the mindset of bringing a marquee player in with this kind of issue. Said it in another thread, my gripe is not with Jesse. Dude is just looking out for himself. My problem is with us taking the risk when what we need is stability.

1 strike is probably a little harsh, but I am currently seething about this.

Incredibly difficult I agree - I also think we are on the right path in many ways, although I come into this situation with little previously formed opinions on the Hogan trade other than if he was fit it seems like we got a good deal longterm. Other than that if we have a policy in place for behaviour and he hasn't been managed/led through that policy it can hurt the culture to make an example out of one player unless it is an extraordinary situation. People, team, employees have to know there is a path to growth and or redemption otherwise they wont trust leadership and that leads to greater long term issues.

But yes - this is an almighty piss off, especially as we need a strong start to the season if we are to build confidence and momentum to win the tougher games.

It's clearly an inference from what many can see. There's a delusional bunch who laughed it up with photos of Jessie appearing out of it in the off season. I'm waiting for the jokers views now. There have clearly been signs.

Want to use your own standards to prove that the culture is great or do we just assume everything is amazing?

I haven't the culture is great because I would need to have the info to do an analysis on all I suggested. All I am saying is that it is equally hypocritical to rubbish the culture of an entire organisation without that information.

I'll give you an example that as a board member I had to deal with last year. Some of it was mentioned in the news and there was some flair ups about it. A female worker was sacked, it made headlines as a discrimination case as the person was also of a minority, there was talk of the culture of the business being wrong for many years, that it had been rotten for a long time etc when in fact the employee after brief investigation was found to have stolen equipment from the workplace etc and that every other female employee and minority had given strong positive feedback in all surveys, prof dev sessions and in our interviews. When outsiders were provided this information and much more, including an invite to visit the site and speak with employees privately and without us knowing identities etc they declined, yet still maintain it is a 'toxic, male dominated workplace' even though it was three women who made the decision to remove said employee from their position. That company also has more women in management than men, yet when this was pointed out the commentators simply mentioned that this may be the case but as there was not enough 'minority representation' this was not positive...

Anyway - it is very easy to make quick and harsh judgements from the outside, a fact that our community and sadly politicians seem all too willing to do.

I haven't the culture is great because I would need to have the info to do an analysis on all I suggested. All I am saying is that it is equally hypocritical to rubbish the culture of an entire organisation without that information.

I'll give you an example that as a board member I had to deal with last year. Some of it was mentioned in the news and there was some flair ups about it. A female worker was sacked, it made headlines as a discrimination case as the person was also of a minority, there was talk of the culture of the business being wrong for many years, that it had been rotten for a long time etc when in fact the employee after brief investigation was found to have stolen equipment from the workplace etc and that every other female employee and minority had given strong positive feedback in all surveys, prof dev sessions and in our interviews. When outsiders were provided this information and much more, including an invite to visit the site and speak with employees privately and without us knowing identities etc they declined, yet still maintain it is a 'toxic, male dominated workplace' even though it was three women who made the decision to remove said employee from their position. That company also has more women in management than men, yet when this was pointed out the commentators simply mentioned that this may be the case but as there was not enough 'minority representation' this was not positive...

Anyway - it is very easy to make quick and harsh judgements from the outside, a fact that our community and sadly politicians seem all too willing to do.

"Culture" is a bit like "governance" (aka Bombers drug scandal). Buzzwords that can mean something or can be used to throw people off the scent of the real issue(s). We are all just having a guess. Who knows what the cause and whats the symptom and whats actually going on. I can tell you that things are pretty s**t right now amongst the membership base and no one really takes us seriously in any way shape or form.

Fine details semantics about what is or isn't happening doesn't really interest me.

IMO both Rosich and Lyon’s time is up. It seems as though the player’s are tired of listening to the same message and playing a s**t style of football. It feels like Ross is an old school disciplinarian/dictator and it’s worn everyone from assistant coaches, strength and conditioning and now the players.

Rosich has to go because he’s overseen this all as CEO. Time for a shake up in the whole club. We’re an embarrassment and laughing stock of the competition right now. From Ryan and Cox being suspended for drinking, MJ’s kebab incident, Blakely lying about being sick to go surfing, Harley’s off field antics, Billy lying about his Scarborough incident and being demoted from the leadership group and now Hogan...

Something really stinks at the club right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back