Not open for further replies.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Maybe not have actual medical information but information from sources to what a players conditions may be
I have no idea. I’d still guess no. Buyer beware type thing.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Thought it was pretty well known Hogan has had substance issues for a few years? Surprised Freo are upset about not knowing.
There’s been plenty of whispers about him but there has been about a lot of players and nothing has ever come of it

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Don’t think it’ll be too different to last seasons round one encounter. We should hopefully show some good signs but unless you’re well off your game we won’t get within 5 goals

Yeah, the biggest thing should be showing a good account of ourselves and the result is secondary to that. We’re still rebuilding but on the right track. Getting games into the guys who will make up the next premiership caliber side is the most important thing. The hope is that we win 5 or 6 games this year and build from there.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah, the biggest thing should be showing a good account of ourselves and the result is secondary to that. We’re still rebuilding but on the right track. Getting games into the guys who will make up the next premiership caliber side is the most important thing. The hope is that we win 5 or 6 games this year and build from there.
Can’t remember exactly who said it might have been dal santo but our season should be measured on our % which was appalling last season. If we get that above 85% and only get 4 wins that’s more progress than an extra win or two and a % under 75% again

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
F***ing shithouse whoever is filming Hogan in that vid

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
F***ing shithouse whoever is filming Hogan in that vid
That’s society these days. It’s no wonder why mental health awareness of young professional sportspeople is rightly being ramped up by the Afl. Being filmed or the target of social media abuse is increasing year or on year

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Can’t remember exactly who said it might have been dal santo but our season should be measured on our % which was appalling last season. If we get that above 85% and only get 4 wins that’s more progress than an extra win or two and a % under 75% again

Yeah, I would agree with that logic but this year we unfortunately have the draft pick situation with Adelaide to also worry about. 4 wins and 85% being better than 6 wins and under 75% is decent logic in isolation but when you want the extra wins for the swapping of your own draft pick it becomes tricky logic.

It saying all that, the club might not even be worrying about any of that. We can’t help what pick Adelaide will receive and the pick we receive from Adelaide I believe is going straight out the door in a trade.

That’s society these days. It’s no wonder why mental health awareness of young professional sportspeople is rightly being ramped up by the Afl. Being filmed or the target of social media abuse is increasing year or on year

Absolutely. Way too many people will film a famous person in a compromising position to sell to the media. It’s like, get a life and stop trying to embarrass someone else.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah, I would agree with that logic but this year we unfortunately have the draft pick situation with Adelaide to also worry about. 4 wins and 85% being better than 6 wins and under 75% is decent logic in isolation but when you want the extra wins for the swapping of your own draft pick it becomes tricky logic.

It saying all that, the club might not even be worrying about any of that. We can’t help what pick Adelaide will receive and the pick we receive from Adelaide I believe is going straight out the door in a trade.

Absolutely. Way too many people will film a famous person in a compromising position to sell to the media. It’s like, get a life and stop trying to embarrass someone else.
That traded pick shouldn’t come into consideration. Like quite a few have pointed out we were always looking to trade out of the first round for a very good player next draft. Holding too high of a pick hinders that as it looks like overs when trading it away. Case in point holding pick one and going for Shiel.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
The person who filmed him should get a life and let Hogan be, at the end of the day what he does off the field is his own business and shouldn’t have to deal with that, now it’s all over social media, the bloke has gone through rough times, this adds to it, the person filming it wouldn’t even think twice about it, “oh s**t, look it’s Jesse Hogan, better whip out my phone and snap this”.

I guess on the other hand it’s just up to the pro athletes/famous people to try and not put themselves in those situations, because unfortunately there’s too many dickheads out there who will catch you doing something you shouldn’t on camera, sadly this is the way it is with society these days.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
That traded pick shouldn’t come into consideration. Like quite a few have pointed out we were always looking to trade out of the first round for a very good player next draft. Holding too high of a pick hinders that as it looks like overs when trading it away. Case in point holding pick one and going for Shiel.

I like what the club did last year in the swapping of picks. We got who we wanted last year (Liam Stocker) and we will get a pick around the same region or earlier from Adelaide next year as the Stocker selection to trade for someone else we want, either trading up in the draft or trading for someone who wants to return to Melbourne.

I haven’t congratulated you on the birth of your child soon. Awesome news mate!

Talk to Golumless about that. :p

Talk to Golumless about that. :p

Rancid bait, but I'll bite.

There is no better measure of progress then actual wins (seeing, you know, that's the actual goal of this game). Percentage and that are just things that can only distract, and muddy a rather clear picture, especially as it would be more at the mercy of the overall quality of the competition.

Mind you, if you get to 4 wins from your current position, that is a massive amount of improvement on its own no matter on percentage.

There is no better measure of progress then actual wins (seeing, you know, that's the actual goal of this game). Percentage and that are just things that can only distract, and muddy a rather clear picture, especially as it would be more at the mercy of the overall quality of the competition.

Mind you, if you get to 4 wins from your current position, that is a massive amount of improvement on its own no matter on percentage.
Improvement is improvement.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

If you look at the lions who improved attack and defence by 10 points each you can see why the margin of the defeats matters. If you have 6 wins but all your defeats are by 8 goals plus and you improve again by 10 points each end you are not likely to improve the following year. But if you have 4 wins and 6 of your defeats are by 3 goals or less you’re likely to turn a few of those into wins the following year.

A good example of this is carlton in Bolton’s first and second years. We got more wins but our defeats were still massive. The wins gave a false belief in how close we were to going up to 8+ wins because we’d not been close in the majority of the defeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back