Podcast 2019 CROWCAST REAL DREAM TEAM CUP!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Early Roast.

Team selection, how Crow can you go.

In the exciting world of competitive digital list selection, you are spoilt for choice; every possible player from the AFL is available at your fingertips. With all the temptation it is important to pick with integrity*. That means selecting as many Adelaide Crows players as humanly possible.
2019 is the year of the Crow. The redemption starts on Saturday.

As a part of the service from Crowcast , the official Adelaide Crows Bigfooty Podcast we are proud to bring you a review of the relevant Real Dream Team Crows.

Rookies

Chayce Jones $209,400 - The kid looks good and will be a bull one day. I think that he will get picked Rd 1, I don't think that he will get the same ball as Walsh even if he is though. At his price, I'd look for cheaper options first.

Ned McHenry $164,400 - Well the price is right. But will he get games early?? One to watch on Thursday night, if he's picked he is worth picking. The absence of Seed could see a shuffle where he gets in early. Or Mackay gets picked. You be the judge. Could be a nice downgrade option.

Reilly O'Brien $211,400 - Hard to see him getting past Sauce early. There are cheaper options for your R3 Spot. If you are looking for coverage, his JS probably doesn't allow that.

Backs

Rory Laird $770,700 - As the only Crow who didn't shatter my heart in 2018 Rory was the first selected by the Donkeys. Is a premium and has a premium price tag. Finds his own ball a lot. Will be interesting to see how his stats are affected with the kick-in changes, he was often the first option in the back pocket.

Brodie Smith $388,000 - "Fool me once, shame on you...... Fool me, ya can't-fool me again" George W Bush. Brodie is my ultimate burn man. For years I have been waiting for him to break out after going into the middle, only to have his seasons cruelled by injury. But this is probabaly his year. 2019 is the year of the Crow.

Wayne Milera Jr $538,300 - A lot of people thought that it was a big gamble when we traded away Dangerfield to secure the picks to get Jr but from his opening game against the Tigers, I knew that we had our man. Often thought of as the reincarnation of Bunji WMJ looks cherry ripe to explode all up our backs. With more time in the middle and a part of our rebound network, WMJ could be primed for a cracking 2019.

Last edited:
If anyone is picking Sauce then ROB wouldn't be the worst R3 as you should have cover for him if/when he is rested. That said, given Clark looks to be a decent R3 pick, hard to justify it.

If anyone is picking Sauce then ROB wouldn't be the worst R3 as you should have cover for him if/when he is rested. That said, given Clark looks to be a decent R3 pick, hard to justify it.

I have considered Jacobs with your good draw ect plus he seems to have a down year then an up year based on his SC history.
Has he had a good preseason? I keep hearing things like ''Jacobs is cooked'' does he have any lingering injury issues he has to manage? He is at a juicy price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have considered Jacobs with your good draw ect plus he seems to have a down year then an up year based on his SC history.
Has he had a good preseason? I keep hearing things like ''Jacobs is cooked'' does he have any lingering injury issues he has to manage? He is at a juicy price.
He has struggled with a back injury for the past 2 years but said in a presser just before the JLT games that he has had a great pre season and his body is feeling great. You'll still need large kahuna's to pick him.

Mids

Matt Crouch $750,200 - Coming off the back of a 104.8 average to follow up his 106.7 the season before. He's got the potential to get to the 110+ mark I feel. He finds the ball with ease and with his damage factor not being as hurtful as others, he's not one that will draw attention from the opposition. To add to that, it's pretty hard to stop someone that can find their own ball like he does. Take out his round 2 game against Richmond where he did his hammy and his average rises to 109.1. His run home in 2017 was bloody impressive too, averaging 115.6 in his final 13 games.

Bryce Gibbs $742,600 - His average dropped a bit from his 2017 at CArlton but 103.8 is nothing to turn your nose up at. The other thing is Gibbs is super consistent, having played every game in each of the past 3 seasons and excluding the 2015 one where he injured his shoulder (?) he's only missed 4 games of footy since he debuted. So whilst a 103 mightn't seem like much, he'll make up for it with his durability. Hard to tell how B.Crouch might affect his scores and in a way, Sloane. Maybe less inside midfield minutes but no matter where he is, he'll find lots of it, good for the +6s.

Rory Sloane $643,100 - Shocking 2018 season, averaging his fewest DT since 2011. His previous 4 seasons he's averaged 107, 106.2, 95.3 and 104.5. The one that sticks to mind is his start to 2017, averaging 131.5 DT after the first 6 rounds of footy which included a 68 in the first round. Sloane can post BIG numbers, that season he had 9 scores over 130, 6 over 140 and 4 in the 150s. Anyone that has the ability to post those kind of numbers should always be considered as a fantasy select. The downside is the tag which he's really battled with, that same 2017 season saw him post 6 scores under 70. 2018 didn't look much better but it's really hard to judge him with the foot. Basically he's got the ceiling to go high but with the obvious downside.

Brad Crouch $641,700 - I'm a sucker for Brad, gets me every year and this year is no different. The potential to be a strong DTer is there, we just need him to remain on the park. Once he got going in 2017 (so excluding the first month), he averaged 110 DT (103 when you include the first month). The big counter is he's never played more than 17 games in a home and away season and that will punish you if you try to carry someone like that for the entire year so he's pretty much the opposite to Gibbs in that sense.

Rucks

Sam Jacobs $582,300
- Hard one to read in the twilight of his career, he's coming off an average of 81.4 which is the worst he's done since 2013. Seems to be good every second year, he's had averages of 97.1, 96.1 and 99.4 in 14/15/17 so there's value in him. If you don't want to buy Gawn/Grundy at max price, Jacobs is a decent alternative to save some cash and hopefully see him rise back up to the 90s then move him on when the timing is right. Depends whether you see him getting back to his best or if he's over the hill now.

Forwards

Tom Lynch $570,900
- Let me put this out there. Last year there were just 9 forwards who managed to average over 90 DT, of that 9, 3 of them averaged between 90-91.7. Lynch's average in 2017 and 2016 was 90.8 and 90.3 so he's really in bottom end premium contention at a discounted average of 11 points just about. Had a rough pre season which given his style of game, would have made 2018 a tough season. That said, I don't think I've read anything bad pre season wise for him this year so if that's the case, he could be a nice unique to gain 10 points and be in premium contention.

Welcome to the super awesome 2019 REAL DREAMTEAM CROWCASTCUP Wednesday Buffet!!

I'm back baby yeah! Welcome to the buffet, food is provided by our senior grease merchant, Sanders with special thanks to deaneus and feenix67 for providing the spuds. These guys have got so much potato that they make the Irish blush.
With the resumption of our regular publication, Crowcast writers and analysists have been pouring over the data to deliver cutting edge commentary of the 2019 CCRDTC.

There have been some super matchups already in 2019

Donkey Magoo knocked off Sanders in Rd 1 by 20 points. Sanders has a little right to feel dirty paying the price of a having Carltons Phillips in the No.2 ruck spot.

RD2 Produced a 2 point affair between Samcro24 and the Buckteers. Samcrow will be kicking himself not taking the 160 VC score from grundy. This would have given him a comfortable win

RD3 Gave us another 2 point nailbiter this time Sanders got the job done over the Bucketeers. 2 points Carrying Cripps lowest score while having the C on him and solving his ruck crisis.

Rd 3 Also gave us another 18 point game with GameofSloanes getting the chocolates over Samcrow. Poor Samcrow leaving Walsh(113) on the bench and Ahern(43) on the field. IF...if you get those micro calls right you'll get a few more wins.

Grand final Replay this week azza77 and Pea Nut go at it. Azza currently doing his best Western Bulldogs impression. Beware the sleeping giant.

This is the worry round. Wednesday game to force the early trades without knowing the teams for 7 of the 9 games.

I cracked and brought Lockhart in against better judgement, was celebrating early into the first and I guess he went off the field to do so as well as he barely scored after the first 15min of the game. Ross the one I wanted but couldn't fit in pulls out a big 47 DT in the final quarter to finish with a very strong 92.

This is the worry round. Wednesday game to force the early trades without knowing the teams for 7 of the 9 games.

I cracked and brought Lockhart in against better judgement, was celebrating early into the first and I guess he went off the field to do so as well as he barely scored after the first 15min of the game. Ross the one I wanted but couldn't fit in pulls out a big 47 DT in the final quarter to finish with a very strong 92.
Yeah, I'm happy, I got stack and Ross. But bought Salem in over Basher Houli. fml

Remove this Banner Ad

Back