Enoughs Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. The team Ross had in 2012-2015 were freaking hard workers. We were an obsessive team based on defence and going 100%. Players like De Boer, Suban, Mzungu were proud Freo players. Such a shame this club isn’t like this now. Young players coming in, not enough on the list apart from Fyfe, Mundy and Sandi from that period. The thing that angers me is that we never got the maximum success due to injuries (thanks Weber and fitness staff.. still going with that these days too) and mismanagement of players. It was finally Freo became a professional, well respected club. Since signing Bennell, Freo has gone down a bit. Never agreed to getting Harley, thought we were a club based on no BS allowed. Yet we chose a talent vs hard work, professional player. Not sure why we’re still hanging on to him. He’s done. We owe him nothing. If his life unravels outside of AFL, that’s on him not Freo as we were incredibly supportive and patience. It feels like we’re keeping him because of this, his mental well-being.

Bennell is an incredibly hard worker, by all accounts. He's just one of the work hard play hard types, whereas we want work hard play kids tea party types.

There are genuine culture issues at the Fremantle Football Club.

It's worse than Melbourne when they were changing coaches every season, losing by 100 points every game, and looking hapless, hopeless, and just straight out sad. That was the comparison.

There's cliques and I think that's obvious on the ground. All of those cliques are made on how much/little you prioritise footy and how much/little you love going out and getting on it.

The lack of cohesion you see on the ground, the complete lack of spirit, the slumped shoulders and 'eh, what's tonight?' vibe really makes sense since I heard all of this.

Bennell is an incredibly hard worker, by all accounts. He's just one of the work hard play hard types, whereas we want work hard play kids tea party types.
Look I get it, hard worker true. But if we didn't rate his talent, he would've been dropped a while ago tbh. It's more of what if he can get on the park and explodes. No regrets type thing. It's holding on to what ifs and not moving on to test what else is out there, perhaps tinker with what we got. Ross used to be good at this, get players playing their role. But due to youth and list changeover, seems like he's trying too many things and hoping for the best.

There are genuine culture issues at the Fremantle Football Club.

It's worse than Melbourne when they were changing coaches every season, losing by 100 points every game, and looking hapless, hopeless, and just straight out sad. That was the comparison.

There's cliques and I think that's obvious on the ground. All of those cliques are made on how much/little you prioritise footy and how much/little you love going out and getting on it.

The lack of cohesion you see on the ground, the complete lack of spirit, the slumped shoulders and 'eh, what's tonight?' vibe really makes sense since I heard all of this.
Significantly disagree. Melbourne's culture was abhorrent, was a losing culture for nearly a decade. Poor drafting for years- Watts, Gysbert, Grime, Trengrove- coupled with horrible development. Freo never got as bad as that. Grateful for after 2001, Freo as a club managed to evolve and go forward with better foundations and committment. Made the finals 2 years later. Could've been alot LOT worse. Melbourne won their first final in their first finals series since 2006 last season. Let's not downplay how hard and long they took to get back to what they are now. Plus there's still no guarantee they will even make it a step further.

So no, whilst our off-field dismenaours has been poor, under Ross this club has always performed professionally and committed. There's always bad eggs at every club. West Coast have Liam Ryan they're managing, it happens. Think the club dealing of Hogan is professional and taking it early before it gets blown up. Freo are definitely not worse then Melbourne over the past 10 years or so, no way.

Don't forget we're in a two-team city, with one winning the premiership just last season with the other having a tooffseasonason. It ll always been significantly negative. Ride it out and get back to on field success to alleviate it.

Yes, and this can be applied to a myriad of platforms - across Government, Business, Families, Religion etc.

External analysts and strategic consultants take weeks in understanding business culture and performance, so why would anyone here be able to accurately diagnose and solve problems.

This is a place to vent and speculate, always has and always will be.

Exactly - and I have no issue with speculation. More so with definitive statements.

Significantly disagree. Melbourne's culture was abhorrent, was a losing culture for nearly a decade. Poor drafting for years- Watts, Gysbert, Grime, Trengrove- coupled with horrible development. Freo never got as bad as that. Grateful for after 2001, Freo as a club managed to evolve and go forward with better foundations and committment. Made the finals 2 years later. Could've been alot LOT worse. Melbourne won their first final in their first finals series since 2006 last season. Let's not downplay how hard and long they took to get back to what they are now. Plus there's still no guarantee they will even make it a step further.

So no, whilst our off-field dismenaours has been poor, under Ross this club has always performed professionally and committed. There's always bad eggs at every club. West Coast have Liam Ryan they're managing, it happens. Think the club dealing of Hogan is professional and taking it early before it gets blown up. Freo are definitely not worse then Melbourne over the past 10 years or so, no way.

Don't forget we're in a two-team city, with one winning the premiership just last season with the other having a tooffseasonason. It ll always been significantly negative. Ride it out and get back to on field success to alleviate it.

We are not out of the woods yet so to say that Melbourne had a losing culture for over a decade where if we don't turn it around this year we will be about half way there as well. Lets not forget our losing culture for much of the time prior to Ross as well. We've got form.

There has been stories in the news about Liam Ryan while in the same time we've had stories about our leadership group members (Johnno, BHill) getting up to mischief as well as Cox, Ryan, Blakely, Harley etc all not doing the right thing in some way shape or form. Have there been other current Eagles in the media for discipline related issues in the last 3-4 years? I can't remember them if there has been except for Ryan.

At what point do you say, " hey maybe we do have a bit of culture problem." I think the Ross runs a tight ship myth is just that, a myth.

Nah, this isn't an opinion thing. This is literally what a player has said about Fremantle's culture. A Fremantle player.

The Demons comparison, this thread... there's ya hint.

Any word yet on who the other docker that was with Jesse in Mandurah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those supporters who continue to bag out every single element of our club (Board, Coaching, Players, other supporters etc etc), what is it that keeps you supporting the Dockers? Other team supporters back their players and coaching panel, we hang them all out to dry
A lot of Collingwood supporters still wanted Buckley sacked during the season last year

To those supporters who continue to bag out every single element of our club (Board, Coaching, Players, other supporters etc etc), what is it that keeps you supporting the Dockers? Other team supporters back their players and coaching panel, we hang them all out to dry

Do you frequent other boards regularly? Especially those that are struggling.

I'd be super surprised if those boards were a love in and I'm pretty sure there would be angst and criticism there too.

The angst is about caring about the club and being sick of the underachieving and the consistent repeated mistakes?

If you think there hasn't be underachieving or the same repeated mistakes over and over then I'm sure you're happy with it all and people like me just seem strange. Otherwise dissatisfaction should drive performance.

Everything Ross puts out there these days is that everything is fine.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...ntle-dockers-win-a-premiership-ng-b881133706z

Exhibit A

Seriously? What the actual....?

Do you frequent other boards regularly? Especially those that are struggling.

I'd be super surprised if those boards were a love in and I'm pretty sure there would be angst and criticism there too.

The angst is about caring about the club and being sick of the underachieving and the consistent repeated mistakes?

If you think there hasn't be underachieving or the same repeated mistakes over and over then I'm sure you're happy with it all and people like me just seem strange. Otherwise dissatisfaction should drive performance.

Everything Ross puts out there these days is that everything is fine.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/f...ntle-dockers-win-a-premiership-ng-b881133706z

Exhibit A

Seriously? What the actual....?
Yes, I've found that coming on here and complaining bitterly about our under performing has made a huge difference. Freo are crap - see I'm doing my bit.

In other news...

1552980306078.png

It's in Wannanup. It's like saying the Raffles is in Fremantle

It really doesn't matter but I disagree, I don't think Applecross is a part of the City of Fremantle whereas Wannanup is in the City of Mandurah. But more importantly if you take 100 people overseas from say Wannanup, Dawesville, Erskine, Falcon, Madora Bay, Singleton, 99 of them are going to say Mandurah if asked where they're from.

Yes, I've found that coming on here and complaining bitterly about our under performing has made a huge difference. Freo are crap - ss I'm doing my bit.

In other news...

View attachment 637649

I am getting on a bit but I wouldn't consider myself old yet.

You waste just as much time here as i do so I'm not sure what you are trying to say about the merits of posting in a footy forum.

You bet I'm pissed off though. I hate being treated like a fool and that's what our club has done in recent times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back