2019 non-freo nonchalance (aka discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week they made a big deal about the Dogs girls and their Captain Marvel jumpers, then they didn't wear them for the game. What's the go with all that?

Collingwood were the same iirc. From reading the other jumper threads on the main board/graphic design board it sounds like the AFL were too cautious about copping any sort of criticism towards the AFLW, so they canned it for fear of the integrity of the league coming in to question

Because nothing says more about the integrity of a league by handballing off a joint-promotion from one gendered league to another....

Collingwood were the same iirc. From reading the other jumper threads on the main board/graphic design board it sounds like the AFL were too cautious about copping any sort of criticism towards the AFLW, so they canned it for fear of the integrity of the league coming in to question

Because nothing says more about the integrity of a league by handballing off a joint-promotion from one gendered league to another....
Right. Because they were still promoting it right before the 'big double header' started. I turned the Dogs/Pies match on at half time, and there they were in their regular jumpers. I thought maybe they just did the warm-up in the Capt Marvel ones. (Thought they were dumb btw).

That jumper definitely ain't for the crusties. It's a perfect merch item for kids (and the Dogs-Marvel-Nerd hybrids), who can support both their team and play at being Thor though.

Needs Bunnings sponsorship and their hammer logo on the back, or would that be obstructed by the cape? Mission logo works in nicely though.

That jumper definitely ain't for the crusties. It's a perfect merch item for kids (and the Dogs-Marvel-Nerd hybrids), who can support both their team and play at being Thor though.
might help to drag my youngest away from all his Hawks gear. He loves a superhero dress up. And his Grandma is from around the Western suburbs/Essendony area.

Give him the treatment Ballas gets!

I reckon it's an even better tactic vs Gaff. Teams doing it to Ballas in the past were only really helping the team playing us the following week (cause you might get him suspended) not their own. I reckon it made him play better.
Gaff is a sook, he is likely to play worse and knows he can't transgress again. I think there's a chance he will mentally disintegrate as a player if every team gets stuck into him, at least I hope the campaigner does

Yes, every team should be niggling the ****** every chance they get
I'm sure the sports psychologist at each club could find the best method to get under the skin of a guy who'd I'd describe, from my very small interactions with him, as the sort of person to find the nearest dark corner to hide in at the party.

I'm sure the sports psychologist at each club could find the best method to get under the skin of a guy who'd I'd describe, from my very small interactions with him, as the sort of person to find the nearest dark corner to hide in at the party.

The sports psychs I know would consider it unethical to use their powers for evil like that.

Though maybe AFL clubs seek out sports psychs who are the equivalent of cycling team doctors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sports psychs I know would consider it unethical to use their powers for evil like that.

Though maybe AFL clubs seek out sports psychs who are the equivalent of cycling team doctors.
Confident Sonny and Billy are well qualified in this area. Billy was great value last week at training.
There is a warm up drill where 12 or so player kick the ball in a 20m circle, while two inside the circle put pressure on the kicker.
Billy's group was only 10 or so metres from the lime stone wall were I was sitting. He gave a running commentary telling everyone how good he was and how s**t they were. I couldn't hear all of it, but what I did was very funny.

That's a team culture that you want to match. Damien Martin, geez what a competitor whilst remaining the most popular player in the competition. Legend.

Excellent. Read this. It explains a lot.

FFC would be wise to take heed.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...e-of-australias-greatest-sport-teams/10853814

Thanks! An interesting read. Most of what they did to turn it around, we already do but a few that we don’t

Work to have a close relationship with the media
No swearing in public.
No headphones in public
Always be honest with the media

The coach is obviously a good operator too.
They engage well with their fans on game day (bit easier in the smaller venue)
I’ve met Martyn once and he seems really down to earth, friendly and approachable. I’ve met his wife on a number of occasions and she is a lovely person.

Their merch is always kept fresh and looks good.
Their recruitment must be good, so too S and C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back