Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So, we’re on holidays traveling around and enjoying the great state of Victoria. Getting dressed this morning I just grabbed a t-shirt out of the bag - happens to be a Giants shirt. Wandering around Melbourne, catching a couple a trams, having breakfast etc, nobody gives me a second glance.

Not so when we stopped for lunch in Geelong on our way to the great ocean road. Lots of sideways looks and even a couple of death stares.

One in particular from a guy who was wearing a Cats shirt and cap who emphasised his death stare by carefully and deliberately lifting his membership card, hanging from the lanyard around his neck, and giving it a kiss.

January 10... I mean, I’m wearing a Giants shirt, but that’s only because that’s the one I happened to grab from my bag. My membership card and lanyard are at home in Sydney and only come out on game day. This dude was sitting down by the shore at lunch on a Thursday (in January) with his lanyard at the ready.:oops::oops::drunk::drunk:
:devil: You sure it wasn't a player?

Where does the sponsorship money sit in regards to the other clubs in the league Wookie?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Its not as high as some. Its not as low as others. Its basically up there with the mid range victorian clubs. Ill update the rankings and stuff later.

Spotless no longer, its now the Showgrounds again. Good. Were naming rights expired, withdrawn, superseded?

Spotless no longer, its now the Showgrounds again. Good. Were naming rights expired, withdrawn, superseded?
Not sure

Spotless has been in the press as a company with a business model of exploiting labour though, probably better off without them. It's endemic in cleaning companies I think.

Re game last night North vs Richmond.(this is probably a question for main board);
Seriously, does North Melbourne have the greatest number of grannies attending games?
Even better than seeing small kids at games, grannies mean the game is for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe longer if the club doesn’t survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be more worried about the league. None of the clubs can stand on their own two feet any more, and haven't been able to for decades. At least in our case sponsorship is the big driver, not membership fees or merchandise (as much as we've lamented that in the past).

I'd be more worried about the league. None of the clubs can stand on their own two feet any more, and haven't been able to for decades. At least in our case sponsorship is the big driver, not membership fees or merchandise (as much as we've lamented that in the past).

I would say there are around 6 or 7 clubs in dangerous periodS. Giants, Suns, Saints, North, Dogs, Lions, Port.

Selfish as it sounds if there is no club there is no me, so if the league survives it won’t matter to me unless the Giants are there to. I didn’t come across from another club or share allegiances (which there is nothing wrong with) so won’t return to them.
Ive already lived through a loss of a club in another code so not a fan of it happening again but my gut has the same feeling as it did then.

To clarify before some righteous nutjob quotes me. I agree 100% that there are lives at stake and more important things right now but this is a football forum and as such a discussion for footy worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This time of year is annoying because with all the randoms popping on to this board I feel like I need to use "GWS" instead of "us/we" because otherwise I spend the whole trade period explaining how someone could possibly be members of multiple clubs.

This time of year is annoying because with all the randoms popping on to this board I feel like I need to use "GWS" instead of "us/we" because otherwise I spend the whole trade period explaining how someone could possibly be members of multiple clubs.
Other club supporters suck lmao, let them live in confusion

Whodunnit? I'll just whack them with a ban for being unaware and stupid!!

See this is why you are a mod. Measured and fair punishment.

I’d be too short fused and perma ban the scum.
Mods don't have that much power tbh, it's a pretty good system, extremely hard to get perma'd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back