Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of all the cringey nonsense we have produced, this is by far the cringiest.

17329387.jpg

Except for switching to before contestants from The Biggest Loser for the wedding it wasn’t bad. Certainly not the unadulterated s**t show almost everything from our media department has been the last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you single and overweight from a lifetime of balfours and west end?

are you cursed with being eternally single because of the Hinkley tattoo and every weekend spent at the football?

are you sick of having dates leave you at the bar because you turned up in your giant lightning bolt fist hoodie?

is your biggest turn on a woman squeezed into Scotty Cummings player issue guernsey?

Have we for an offer for you

are you single and overweight from a lifetime of balfours and west end?

are you cursed with being eternally single because of the Hinkley tattoo and every weekend spent at the football?

are you sick of having dates leave you at the bar because you turned up in your giant lightning bolt fist hoodie?

is your biggest turn on a woman squeezed into Scotty Cummings player issue guernsey?

Have we for an offer for you
For some reason realistic expectations doesn’t sell :think:

It could be worse. Adelaides could be:

Do you want someone to split the cost of medication with?
Do you want someone who’ll look at you like it’s love at first sight every time? (As they have dementia)

I love your work Alyx, but I didn't mind that.

It's a bit of harmless fun.

Just heard some comments by Buckley describing Port and his time there:

"The way they go about things, the tradition, you get taught a bit of respect for others in that environment.
There's no doubt you have to earn your stripes from the moment you walk through the door.
If you worked hard enough you were given a bit of slack, if you weren't prepared to live up to the values
that were instilled then you'd be quickly sorted out and moved on.
"

I see zero singularity between the era back then and today.

"The way they go about things, the tradition, you get taught a bit of respect for others in that environment.
There's no doubt you have to earn your stripes from the moment you walk through the door.
If you worked hard enough you were given a bit of slack, if you weren't prepared to live up to the values
"

This is what George Fiacchi said about Bucks in his One on One interview...

"1992 we played Glenelg again, it was one of those games, we had a freak playing with us at the time – Nathan Buckley.

He was just unbelievable to watch.

My memories of him were watching how arrogant he was.

It was raining and there was an inch of water on the ground, and he bounced the ball and it’s come back out to him.

He just could do no wrong, he won the best and fairest, the Magarey Medal, the Jack Oatey Medal, and the premiership, he did everything.

He said that was his goal, we said he can have personal goals, but you make sure you win that premiership, because team is first and individual stuff comes second."

We

"

ll we moved Wings on, so perhaps we are getting back to those values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back