WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kofi story is good, but I just don't rate Kofi as a main event guy. He wrestled for an hour again but the stuff he does in ring isn't very entertaining.

He's good in a 3 man group and the yearly rumble spots are fun but apart from that, meh.

Kofi story is good, but I just don't rate Kofi as a main event guy. He wrestled for an hour again but the stuff he does in ring isn't very entertaining.

He's good in a 3 man group and the yearly rumble spots are fun but apart from that, meh.

so 3 month title reign at best?

so 3 month title reign at best?
Yeah I don't see it lasting. To me it might be a gesture from WWE for being in the company 11 years. But I don't see him being a long term main eventer.

I recall saying that I didn't think Jinder Mahal would last as a main eventer either. Now he's back to jobbing on Main Event.

Last edited:

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I don't see it lasting. To me it might be a gesture from WWE for being in the company 11 years. But I don't see him being a long term main eventer.

I recall saying that I didn't think Jinder Mahal would last as a main eventer either. Now he's back to jobbing on Main Event.
To be fair everybody knew he only got the title because they were going to india

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

To be fair everybody knew he only got the title because they were going to india

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk
It makes the title look crap if he wins it and then is a jobber again.

Alicia Fox a cert for Women's Champion after WM.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda

Despite liking Kofi and loving this story so far, I sadly agree with this .. his finishers in particular are very mediocre imo .. for a guy whose so athletic don’t know why he’s never done something from the top rope etc

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Vince Russo's Truth with Consequences - What the F happened to WrestleMania?

I recommend giving this episode of Russo's podcast a listen (click the link above). Only goes for a bit over an hour, but he pretty accurately IMO summarises the problems with the WrestleMania card, and WWE in general right now.

In short, they're going in "half-pregnant" with a lot of ideas, not giving a lot of explaination or proper reasoning for feuds and matches, and trying to pass of lazy booking and writing as "subtlety".

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

If it was being built for a further time out, it might be a bit more palateable.

Both him and Mustafa being thrust into the world title picture suddenly, so close to WrestleMania, just reeks of desperation. I could cynically say they're doing to "add some diversity" as well, and make the main event scene on SmackDown a little less "white".

Rey’s son being grown up now makes me feel old at 29 seriously feels like yesterday with the I’m your papi storyline with Eddie Guerrero

Rey’s son has been trained by his dad/konan and lance storm

Fantasy booking Almas gets added to joe vs Rey and Dominic costs Rey the belt and helps Almas win

Could even make a stable out of it since Almas is the creater of Los ingoberables that naito leads in japan

2009 was the year to pull the trigger but yeah it feels very much like too many complaints about no black world champions and the fact the wwe suck at baby faces

Can’t see kofi holding it long but the logical story is having big e turn on him

2009 was the year to pull the trigger but yeah it feels very much like too many complaints about no black world champions and the fact the wwe suck at baby faces

Can’t see kofi holding it long but the logical story is having big e turn on him

Cole called Kofi Big E haha

Boring repeat s**t. I'll buy the Kofi bullshit to a point but when he beats Joe and Orton - nah.

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Boring repeat s**t. I'll buy the Kofi bullshit to a point but when he beats Joe and Orton - nah.

Does anyone else remember Kofi's last attempted main event push? It lasted two weeks on Raw, and involved a win over Orton and a name change to Kofi Johnson :drunk: Then it all seemed to be scrapped and forgotten after that.

Does anyone else remember Kofi's last attempted main event push? It lasted two weeks on Raw, and involved a win over Orton and a name change to Kofi Johnson :drunk: Then it all seemed to be scrapped and forgotten after that.

Don't remember it and give zero *s about this attempt.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Would've uch preferred it to be Big E in this spot instead of Kof.This is why you can't always listen to the fans.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians

Yeah that was bullshit, could've had him beat them by having AJ and Rey come out to distract them but beating them clean after the beat down Rowan put on him was just stupid.

Kofi botched the finish with orton he was suppose to get punted in the head. Instead he kept standing up every time orton would get into position for it so orton hit the rko and the whole stupid stupid meme came in and ended his push because he pissed off the main eventers

If it was being built for a further time out, it might be a bit more palateable.

Both him and Mustafa being thrust into the world title picture suddenly, so close to WrestleMania, just reeks of desperation. I could cynically say they're doing to "add some diversity" as well, and make the main event scene on SmackDown a little less "white".

I wouldn't have thought the Smackdown main event scene would've been criticised for being "white" in the past couple of years considering there's been long times during the past few years that WWE Championship was either held by or challenged for by Shinsuke Nakamura, Jinder Mahal & Samoa Joe.

I wouldn't have thought the Smackdown main event scene would've been criticised for being "white" in the past couple of years considering there's been long times during the past few years that WWE Championship was either held by or challenged for by Shinsuke Nakamura, Jinder Mahal & Samoa Joe.
Pretty hilarious that the least deserving of those 3 names was the only one that actually won the title and it was not due to talent, but to pander to India.

I think Michael Cole sucks, but Tom Phillips makes Cole look competent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back