2019 Fantasy AFL questions

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
G'day I am looking forward to seeing how the Lions go this year, although on free to air in Melb we get no Brissy games.

My question is regarding Harris Andrews, I had him down as a lock for this year but my concern is Marcus Adams, if Adams wasn't there my guess would be that there is little chance you'd play an amazing intercept marker/spoiler and AA quality defender as a forward at all! But With Walker and now Adams it seems like it could be possible at times? It would only need to be a quarter here and there over the season to drag his average down.

Is my thinking on this any where near right or am I way off of base? Cheers and GL for the season.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
just drafted witherdon and mccluggage in my category league. what should i expect out of mcclutch and how was his preseason
Is expected to improve again this year. Has had a good preseason and is in perfect physical condition. Primed for a big year. I'm expecting him to average somewhere around 85-95 in Fantasy.

scott_the_man

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
G'day I am looking forward to seeing how the Lions go this year, although on free to air in Melb we get no Brissy games.

My question is regarding Harris Andrews, I had him down as a lock for this year but my concern is Marcus Adams, if Adams wasn't there my guess would be that there is little chance you'd play an amazing intercept marker/spoiler and AA quality defender as a forward at all! But With Walker and now Adams it seems like it could be possible at times? It would only need to be a quarter here and there over the season to drag his average down.

Is my thinking on this any where near right or am I way off of base? Cheers and GL for the season.
Reckon he will play in defence for the vast majority of the time. Might be swung forward occasionaly and if it works well he might end up spending a bit more time up forward. Will just have to wait and see.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Question is for SC.

I'm considering Zorko for my midfield as I think he's well underpriced.

But, nobody seems to be picking him or talking about him which I find weird at his price. With his scoring history he looks like being a POD even at such a low price.

Is he injured? Is Beams' departure likely to increase attention on him and impact his scoring?

What gives, because I feel like I'm missing something?

Question is for SC.

I'm considering Zorko for my midfield as I think he's well underpriced.

But, nobody seems to be picking him or talking about him which I find weird at his price. With his scoring history he looks like being a POD even at such a low price.

Is he injured? Is Beams' departure likely to increase attention on him and impact his scoring?

What gives, because I feel like I'm missing something?

I think the attention thing is the main reason.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
I think the attention thing is the main reason.
Also with the Neale/Lyons inclusion and the natural progression of Bez/Bags/(even Matho) he could spend less time in the midfield this season which would effect his scoring.

Mar 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also with the Neale/Lyons inclusion and the natural progression of Bez/Bags/(even Matho) he could spend less time in the midfield this season which would effect his scoring.

I didn't end up picking him and went Sloane instead. So far, so good.

What are your thoughts on McCarthy for Supeercoach? He's started very well.

3rd Grade Maggy

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2004
In the Finals ...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Southampton
Ladies and Gents ... what's the go with Tommy Cutler? I've had him in my SC Draft team the last couple years and picked him up again this year but he's not even getting named in squads. He doesn't look like he's on the injured list - what's the go?

Ladies and Gents ... what's the go with Tommy Cutler? I've had him in my SC Draft team the last couple years and picked him up again this year but he's not even getting named in squads. He doesn't look like he's on the injured list - what's the go?
If you listen to him, I don’t think he even knows?
Defensive side of his game, is the best we can guess. And possibly an attitude/confidence thing. Needs to believe!
And being kept out by a ‘team’ that is performing!

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Zorko getting less midfield time this year or was last week just a down week for him? Could Lyons + the young guys like Berry and McCluggage be taking his points?

What is Answerth's Job Security like ?
Is he a rebounding or lockdown defender ?
Job security should be decent, plays a role we don't have many choices for and one we've been sorely missing lately.
... however...
... that role is lockdown defender.

Been scoring about 40-60 in the NEAFL. Even allowing for the lack of opportunity (the NEAFL team is averaging 45 points against so far this season), he's not going to score a lot.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Job security should be decent, plays a role we don't have many choices for and one we've been sorely missing lately.
... however...
... that role is lockdown defender.

Been scoring about 40-60 in the NEAFL. Even allowing for the lack of opportunity (the NEAFL team is averaging 45 points against so far this season), he's not going to score a lot.
Young from the Doggies it is then

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why is Rich scoring so well in SC this season? Is is the kick out rule allowing him to get a few extra recorded kicks from the kick out? Or is it a different role? Cheers in advance

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Why is Rich scoring so well in SC this season? Is is the kick out rule allowing him to get a few extra recorded kicks from the kick out? Or is it a different role? Cheers in advance
Bit of both, but mostly he is just having a really good season across half back. I think he is taking a lot more marks this season also.

Chris99

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Touched on last week, but it seems answorth didn’t play lockdown rather HB. What’s his JS like in the team with Zac baileys imminent return?

Chris99

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry boys, bit of a fantasy player here and looking at the young fella in answorth. Do you guys rate him and his Job security? Surely bailey who played very well before injury comes in for him next week? Even than, I swear answorth was playing lockdown in the NEAFL and he’s had a different role in the AFL. Can any of you guys shed some light?

Sorry boys, bit of a fantasy player here and looking at the young fella in answorth. Do you guys rate him and his Job security? Surely bailey who played very well before injury comes in for him next week? Even than, I swear answorth was playing lockdown in the NEAFL and he’s had a different role in the AFL. Can any of you guys shed some light?
From what we understand he is a pretty versatile player and has the ability to play multiple roles including wing, midfield, half forward, half back and lock down defender. The club rates him highly.
As to his job security, if he continues to play well and fulfill his role he will probably remain in the team but time will tell in that regard.
I think most on here rated his first game for his composure and willingness to play on quickly.

Back