Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That to me reads like one of Jmac or Marley is not going to get up / risked.

Seen similar a few times out of Scott and I like it. Not only that he's ready to make an impact this year but what this kind of up front statement says about LDU's confidence and maturity. They're not worried about putting the challenge in front of this kid and asking him to step up - and rightly so from the little I've seen.

Last edited:
NORTH MELBOURNE round 23 last year - 7 players wont play in round 1 in 2019 - who comes in ???
B
  • Majak Daw,
  • Scott D. Thompson,
  • Marley Williams
HB
  • Jamie Macmillan,
  • Robbie Tarrant,
  • Shaun Atley
C
  • Ryan Clarke,
  • Jy Simpkin,
  • Trent Dumont
HF
  • Jed Anderson,
  • Jarrad Waite,
  • Mason Wood
F
  • Jack Ziebell,
  • Ben Brown,
  • Kayne Turner
FOL
  • Todd Goldstein,
  • Ben Cunnington,
  • Shaun Higgins
I/C
  • Nathan Hrovat,
  • Luke McDonald,
  • Paul Ahern,
  • Sam Wright
SCOTT - HALL - PITTARD - MCKAY - POLEC - TYSON - EVW

NORTH MELBOURNE round 23 last year - 7 players wont play in round 1 in 2019 - who comes in ???
B
  • Majak Daw,
  • Scott D. Thompson,
  • Marley Williams
HB
  • Jamie Macmillan,
  • Robbie Tarrant,
  • Shaun Atley
C
  • Ryan Clarke,
  • Jy Simpkin,
  • Trent Dumont
HF
  • Jed Anderson,
  • Jarrad Waite,
  • Mason Wood
F
  • Jack Ziebell,
  • Ben Brown,
  • Kayne Turner
FOL
  • Todd Goldstein,
  • Ben Cunnington,
  • Shaun Higgins
I/C
  • Nathan Hrovat,
  • Luke McDonald,
  • Paul Ahern,
  • Sam Wright
Really want LDU in too. But don’t know who to take out. That last spot is very hard to pick!!

B
  • Majak Daw,
  • Scott D. Thompson,
  • Marley Williams
HB
  • Jamie Macmillan,
  • Robbie Tarrant,
  • Shaun Atley
C
  • Ryan Clarke,
  • Jy Simpkin,
  • Trent Dumont
HF
  • Jed Anderson,
  • Jarrad Waite,
  • Mason Wood
F
  • Jack Ziebell,
  • Ben Brown,
  • Kayne Turner
FOL
  • Todd Goldstein,
  • Ben Cunnington,
  • Shaun Higgins
I/C
  • Nathan Hrovat,
  • Luke McDonald,
  • Paul Ahern,
  • Sam Wright

LDU plays over Simpkin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGowan thinks Simpkin will play due to his defensive capabilities and it is down to LMac v Ahern for the last spot, with Ahern the outside chance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That would be surprising. Ahern was our best mid in the JLT series. I get that there are defensive concerns with him, but his attacking ability is far too good for him to be left out.

That would be surprising. Ahern was our best mid in the JLT series. I get that there are defensive concerns with him, but his attacking ability is far too good for him to be left out.
I will be shocked if either Ahern or Lmac misses. I reckon Pittard will be the one to miss out. If not him then someone will be very, very unlucky not to be playing.

I will be shocked if either Ahern or Lmac misses. I reckon Pittard will be the one to miss out. If not him then someone will be very, very unlucky not to be playing.
It would be a shock if LMac misses only because Brad refuses to ever drop him, not because his form hasn't been great, which it hasn't.

Yeah, IMO it's more likely that they will be being cautious with JMac and maybe Williams, but it will be interesting to see who's on the bench in the squad tonight.

Although I will say that with our depth this year, there will probably be one or two very unlucky to miss each week. We're gonna have very good, experienced players playing a lot of VFL this season.

Yeah, IMO it's more likely that they will be being cautious with JMac and maybe Williams, but it will be interesting to see who's on the bench in the squad tonight.

Although I will say that with our depth this year, there will probably be one or two very unlucky to miss each week. We're gonna have very good, experienced players playing a lot of VFL this season.
that's something I am going to have to learn to deal with. I will be flat about someone missing every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back