New Chat Rooms - Make your own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Over the last day or so we have been testing a new chat room system with premium moderators and premium members.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/chat/

Check out the icons up the top right for your settings and options.

Now we're rolling the system out to all users on a "if this breaks the site, it will need to be removed" basis. It's about 80% chance right now that it will become a permanent feature of the site and we hope users will find new and interesting ways to use the feature.

Have a look, check out the settings, the help page, the bots, the ability to set up your own responses. Set up your own chat room - password protected or otherwise.

Fun feature: type /roll NdS to roll N dice of S sides.

Make that your tool for public random draws - so /roll 1dS where S is the number of people in the draw.

Use /invite NAME to invite your friends. You can alert people with @ Name as well.

If you have a Super Coach league, fantasy game team, Werewolf group, or other group you'd like to control access to, the chat rooms might be a good place to start. You can kick and ban users from your rooms, set up rules for people to follow.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/chat/

We welcome your feedback, questions, and requests.

Standard site rules apply - no adult pics, bullying, or other nasty behaviour.

Some Features:

Private Conversations: These are not linked to the forum private convos, but are just a way to have a private one to one chatroom discussion.
/giphy keyword - insert a random giphy animation using the keyword you supply
/mute username - Mute a particular user so you do not see their posts.
Stream Room: If you need a room streamed to a thread, an Admin can set this up for you. All posts in the room will show as posts in the target thread.

Chat-Option-Icons.jpg
Help: The round icon shows you the help file, with all commands you can use. Can also be displayed with /help in the chat room
Settings: The cogs icon shows the various personal options you can set.
Rules: The book icon shows you the rules the creator of the room has set.
Options: The hamburger navigation icon gives you various options available in the current room. Includes "Open in Popup" option to open chat in a standalone window.
Browse Rooms: See what other rooms are open to you. Edit rooms you have set up. Create a new room.

Share Your Chat Room: Just use the chain link icon in Browse Rooms.

chat-room-link.jpg

Last edited:

Chat -> Settings (the cogs icon) -> options in there.

I've tried turning off every ticked option in that menu and still the big red number (0) stays next to 'Chat' in the top menu bar.

How do I get rid of it? Whenever I load a page the flash of red makes me think I've got a real alert I actually might care about.

I've tried turning off every ticked option in that menu and still the big red number (0) stays next to 'Chat' in the top menu bar.

How do I get rid of it? Whenever I load a page the flash of red makes me think I've got a real alert I actually might care about.
It’s part of the chat rooms, it’s not a user option to remove it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back