2018 Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

It was so much fun to relive the season through AmericanAFL over the summer.
Agreed ... huge thanks to AmericanAFL for giving us something to do through what was a rather boring cricket season.

Hopefully you can recruit a mate to take it up at the end of this season!
Yeah I've had a ball too over a long summer with this thread.

So glad we had at least a decent season last year or this thread would have been painful!

Ok, so Ive just spent the past two hours at work reading this epic thread, amazing stuff AmericanAFL , was a joy to hear your thoughts and perspective on our season and the team as a new international fan.

Also, I've got to say, mate, your ability to identify not so obvious important/key moments in games is amazing for someone who hasn't grown up watching it.

Honestly, i haven't enjoyed a thread on bigfooty this much in years. Absolutely stoked you chose to support our mob . 👍

Glad you enjoyed it mate- wish you had been around for the ride. I promise no one enjoyed it more than I did.

I can say for sure that I chose wisely. Being this far removed from the game geographically, supporting a team with a great online supporter base like you all have right here was going to be key. I’m grateful to all here who have helped guide my understanding of the sport, There are far too many name individually, but know thatyou’re contributions have been appreciated.

Last edited:
Now for my first “live” AFL match.

Go Blues I guess.

Edit- I do realize the game is over, but it’s “live” for me...

Last edited:
AmericanAFL your mission is to recruit another american fan, who is new to the game, to do the same next off season :p

Now for my first “live” AFL match.

Go Blues I guess.

Edit- I do realize the game is over, but it’s “live” for me...
I did give the invite to the right AmericanDemon in the tipping, didn't I? or have you tipped the team you think will win, but they aren't the team you want to win.

I did give the invite to the right AmericanDemon in the tipping, didn't I? or have you tipped the team you think will win, but they aren't the team you want to win.

Haha, I had Richmond by 24 if I remember correctly.

But my assumption is a Tigers loss would have been a pretty good result for us.

Five years from now, hopefully I’ll be hosting Demons game day get togethers for 4-5 converts.

I like me chances, the sport is really entertaining.

Sounds like me with the NFL.

Although, only one converted to the Patriots, one chose the Giants to deliberately piss me off, one joined the sea hawks band wagon, one recently joined the Eagles band wagon and the last one likes a challenge and is now a jets supporter :p Aussies generally love an underdog so it's hard to convert people to the Patriots!!!

Sounds like me with the NFL.

Although, only one converted to the Patriots, one chose the Giants to deliberately piss me off, one joined the sea hawks band wagon, one recently joined the Eagles band wagon and the last one likes a challenge and is now a jets supporter :p Aussies generally love an underdog so it's hard to convert people to the Patriots!!!

Haha. How long have you been following? One of my best mates is a Pats fan. He’s been absolutely insufferable for 15 years 😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. How long have you been following? One of my best mates is a Pats fan. He’s been absolutely insufferable for 15 years 😂😂😂

Most of my life! My older cousin played College baseball in Pittsburgh and got into it while he was over there. He got me playing Madden on the Sega Mega drive when he returned in around 1998??? (Bledsoe days).

Patriots have similar colours to the Demons so I played with them and learned the rules that way then discovered they showed one game a week on free to air TV here and haven't looked back since. Love the sport.

I am lucky to have chosen such a successful team in another sport to help me get through how bad Melbourne have been in the same period!

Most of my life! My older cousin played College baseball in Pittsburgh and got into it while he was over there. He got me playing Madden on the Sega Mega drive when he returned in around 1998??? (Bledsoe days).

Patriots have similar colours to the Demons so I played with them and learned the rules that way then discovered they showed one game a week on free to air TV here and haven't looked back since. Love the sport.

I am lucky to have chosen such a successful team in another sport to help me get through how bad Melbourne have been in the same period!

Wow. Awesome story mate.

I can imagine many (most?) aussies would find it to be a very slow, boring game, given the non-stop action of footy.

What the Patriots have done is really remarkable. Everything about how the league is setup is meant to prevent such a sustained period of dominance.

I have my fall back arguments to put up a battle with my friend who’s a fan (they cheat!, the rest of their division is so inept they have a built-in advantage every year!), but really Belichek and Brady are just that good. And absolutely nobody works harder.

Much respect for them, but I’m so ready for them retire and give the rest of us a chance.

Wow. Awesome story mate.

I can imagine many (most?) aussies would find it to be a very slow, boring game, given the non-stop action of footy.

What the Patriots have done is really remarkable. Everything about how the league is setup is meant to prevent such a sustained period of dominance.

I have my fall back arguments to put up a battle with my friend who’s a fan (they cheat!, the rest of their division is so inept they have a built-in advantage every year!), but really Belichek and Brady are just that good. And absolutely nobody works harder.

Much respect for them, but I’m so ready for them retire and give the rest of us a chance.

Yeah it is definitely hard to get them interested until they learn the strategic detail of the game, once you learn that you are hanging on your seat every play!

I am rubbing my hands together watching us stock up with wide receivers this off season who were B graders at other teams. Brady only needs B graders. :p

Yeah it is definitely hard to get them interested until they learn the strategic detail of the game, once you learn that you are hanging on your seat every play!

I am rubbing my hands together watching us stock up with wide receivers this off season who were B graders at other teams. Brady only needs B graders. :p

Don’t remind me. 😭😭😭😭

Just looked and the line for the game has gone up to 25 or 26. As someone who knows both sports, what would you say that is an equivalent line to in the NFL? Somewhere around 7 to 9?

Just looked and the line for the game has gone up to 25 or 26. As someone who knows both sports, what would you say that is an equivalent line to in the NFL? Somewhere around 7 to 9?
Yeah Id say 9 sounds abour right!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back