Competitions 2019 Fantasy Questions

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
I'm running Moore for that reason; think Ridley will score better but relying on him to be a rookie you keep through to the Byes is high risk. If your plan is to dump him pretty early on then he might suit your structure. Alternatively with any injury setbacks to Gleeson (or Redman imo) he should get a good run at it.
I've just decided to go for a flat out rookie than either of those guys.

Moore highest average is 61. not sure about Ridley JS. So i'm going to risk the JS on a rookie that wont score much less than 61

Even though I have 17 people in competition with me, settled on:

Def: Shaw, Rampe, Williams, Francis, Smith, Ridley (Clark, Hore)
Mid: Dangerfield (VC loophole), Oliver, Yeo, Kennedy, Zorko, Walsh, Hind, Gibbons (Duursma, Constable, Wagner)
Ruc: Gawn, Fort (C loophole) (Martin loophole)
Fwd: D Smith, Heeney, Gresham, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Corbett, Cavarra)

If Danger doesn't score well tonight, who should I put as captain? I'm thinking Heeney honestly, scored 120 and 131 in his last two games against the Dogs.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think im pretty settled with my team now.

Going to sit on the 20k in the kitty to give great options to change failed/dropped rookies in the 1st 2 rounds to anyone under about $350k if theres a "must have" option jump out there (or a failed mid pricer to a premium) and if my selections look good then save for my earliest upgrade so that happens a week or 2 earlier.

Lloyd Sicily Smith Hanley Clark Duursam / Scrimshaw Hore
Macrae Brayshaw Crouch Merrett Crouch Walsh Constable Scott / Butters Atkins Gibboms
Grundy Gawn / Bines
Danger Dunkley Kelly Greene Setterfield Drew / Burgess Parker

- 11 keepers who can all easily be well entrenched in the best possible options in their line.
- 1 underpriced "premium" / breakout hope (so 12th keeper but not in the same bracket as the 11 above and more potential to require a trade) in Crouch who hopefully can hold at a level that has him as a good enough M8 option until late in the season (around 105 would be par for this pick IMO as not necessarily top 8, but in touching distance).
- 3 genuine mid pricers: Greene could become top 6 all going well or in the same bracket as Crouch where he is just off but ok as F6 or excellent cover / cheap upgrade, Smith + Hanley more genuine stepping stones. Importantly all 3 of these have the last bye so very helpful in bye planning (although Hanley I may decide to burn early to a premium rather than ride my luck with his body too long - if I keep that 200k then hopefully he can become laird/whitfield in a reachable upgrade after 5-6 weeks)

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Still torn with rucks. I cant help but think that Grundy and Gawn will drop in price, but do I want o waste a trade to bring them in when I have the cash available now.

Still torn with rucks. I cant help but think that Grundy and Gawn will drop in price, but do I want o waste a trade to bring them in when I have the cash available now.
I think you have to go either or at those prices. Martin is a jet and will get consistent 90+ scores IMO
Hi guys,

Does Clarke make the cut? If so, will he keep his spot?
No and no.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Even though I have 17 people in competition with me, settled on:

Def: Shaw, Rampe, Williams, Francis, Smith, Ridley (Clark, Hore)
Mid: Dangerfield (VC loophole), Oliver, Yeo, Kennedy, Zorko, Walsh, Hind, Gibbons (Duursma, Constable, Wagner)
Ruc: Gawn, Fort (C loophole) (Martin loophole)
Fwd: D Smith, Heeney, Gresham, Setterfield, Drew, Parker (Corbett, Cavarra)

If Danger doesn't score well tonight, who should I put as captain? I'm thinking Heeney honestly, scored 120 and 131 in his last two games against the Dogs.

SuperCoach or Fantasy?

Gawn could go large, otherwise Oliver. Port doesn’t really play a tagger.

Heeney probably as good as any of your options. No Grundy or Macrae limits your choices.

SuperCoach or Fantasy?

Gawn could go large, otherwise Oliver. Port doesn’t really play a tagger.

Heeney probably as good as any of your options. No Grundy or Macrae limits your choices.
I screwed up by putting Fort as captain instead of Corbett or Cavarra though and having Drew/Parker on the bench.

Okay, have made my Monday panic trades in already (but can reverse them so eh).

Devon Smith to Travis Boak (fwd)
Elliot Yeo to Nat Fyfe (mid)

Have Danger as VC. Fyfe as captain if he gets >110?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, have made my Monday panic trades in already (but can reverse them so eh).

Devon Smith to Travis Boak (fwd)
Elliot Yeo to Nat Fyfe (mid)

Have Danger as VC. Fyfe as captain if he gets >110?

Not sure about the Fyfe personally, has terrible durability historically.

Boak looks a winner in the new role, the only concern is to what extent Wines back will affect Boak and Rockcliff.

FWIW I’ve gone Heeney to Boak for the cash grab, and not sure what my second correction will be

Not sure about the Fyfe personally, has terrible durability historically.

Boak looks a winner in the new role, the only concern is to what extent Wines back will affect Boak and Rockcliff.

FWIW I’ve gone Heeney to Boak for the cash grab, and not sure what my second correction will be
Am seriously tempted to reverse the trades and do Rockliff instead of Fyfe just because I can get another 200k in the bank and he's guaranteed to rise for a while yet.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Am seriously tempted to reverse the trades and do Rockliff instead of Fyfe just because I can get another 200k in the bank and he's guaranteed to rise for a while yet.

Rocky looks goooooood. So tempting. He has that massive ceiling, is about as much an injury risk as Fyfe, won’t really get tagged, and is very good value.

Only thing is Yeo has had a lot of clangers the last few weeks iirc, so his scoring could really turn around quickly.

Rocky looks goooooood. So tempting. He has that massive ceiling, is about as much an injury risk as Fyfe, won’t really get tagged, and is very good value.

Only thing is Yeo has had a lot of clangers the last few weeks iirc, so his scoring could really turn around quickly.
The only other mid I would possibly do is Zorko, but I like his rising potential. Yeo has a high BE so if he improves I can always go back to him

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
what are we thinking Parish will average in afl fantasy? Looking at him in a draft league.

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Greetings,

Picked up Langford in a draft league, will the young fella get a game soon? Myers was quiet on the weekend, any chance he claims that spot even after a good win

Greetings,

Picked up Langford in a draft league, will the young fella get a game soon? Myers was quiet on the weekend, any chance he claims that spot even after a good win
Langers is in a bit of a form slump. Myers was solid on the weekend and is a coaches pet.

Back