Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

I'm a big fan of KMac.

See ball. Get ball.
Hes hard as a cats head too. Plays his role. *s it up sometimes but cant question his effort

Not sure why people don't like him. He is one of our best pressure players. One of our best defensive runners and is hard at it, tackles with intent, hunts the ball. Prone to the odd mistake but he is such a competitive beast.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Premiership player , nothing more needs to be said
He's a good finals player, too. One of our best in the losses to Norf and Collingwood, great in the early heat of all of our 2017 finals, and kicked 3 in the quallie against the Hawks. A bloke you'd trust in the trenches.

Tiger84

Senior List
Sep 7, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Is a constant whipping boy on here before each year he is always the one that will make way in a lot of people's best 22 but the coaches selected him over Ellis and Markov for a reason runs hard both ways, will hardly ever loose a 1vs 1 he is hard at it and also a great character

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Is a constant whipping boy on here before each year he is always the one that will make way in a lot of people's best 22 but the coaches selected him over Ellis and Markov for a reason runs hard both ways, will hardly ever loose a 1vs 1 he is hard at it and also a great character
That is his best attribute... also took a mark (over a smaller player).

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
Could he be a defender? Has height. Doesn't lose his feet/contests. Solid hands.
Foot skills let him down on the fast break down the wing (with the odd exception of a pinpoint 90 degree outside banana) but could be trained to play within himself ala Rance/Astbury in that regard. Just a thought.

Love watching him .
Reminds me of when I throw a ball for my dog (Dusty, of course) to chase and he just runs absolutely flat-out, head down, arse up, eyes only on the ball.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Could he be a defender? Has height. Doesn't lose his feet/contests. Solid hands.
Foot skills let him down on the fast break down the wing (with the odd exception of a pinpoint 90 degree outside banana) but could be trained to play within himself ala Rance/Astbury in that regard. Just a thought.

Came onto this thread to post that - definitely will be one of the options considered. He played as a defender for extended parts not long ago - admittedly didnt look great isolated on occassions, but think he has the height, strength and run to be seriously considered there

Martin#4

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Underrated player.

An absolute bulldozer and gut running machine. His positives far outweigh the occasional scrappy disposal. Reminds me of Shane Tuck in size and attack on the pill.

I suaully sit behind the goals and the amount of instances I’ve seen where we turn the ball over on half forward and the opposition tries the quick switch to come down the other wing and he busts his gut to get across the ground and cut down the angle. What would usually be a stroll into attacking 50 for the opposition, usually results in them having to make one extra pass they otherwise usually wouldn’t which is usually enough time for our defence to get set and halve the contest.

Doesn’t get a stat, but is crucial in saving goals on quick turnovers.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Kamdyn will never be the Star of a team or the player that will get the 3 votes but when you think Kamdyn McIntosh you think Soldier , Worker , Team first player.

Kamdyn covers a space thats 40 x 30 mtrs space and covers it well and pretty much inhibits the opposition from using this space at will

Back