• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Is there a way to continue watching your stream from where you last left off? I'm using the Android app for Smart TV.

Every time I close the stream it only allows me to start from the beginning again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I'm about to cancel Foxtel within the week. Does Kayo show more ads than Foxtel during breaks? If so, that sucks.

Kayo shows the channel 7 ads on channel 7 games. Foxtel has no ads on any games.

It's the ad free 504 fox footy feed if you use the Kodi add on instead of the native Kayo app. Unclear why or how exactly, but I'm not complaining.

I'll give that a go at half time

It's the ad free 504 fox footy feed if you use the Kodi add on instead of the native Kayo app. Unclear why or how exactly, but I'm not complaining.

Lol tried it out and it started from the very beginning of the stream instead of live and I can't scrub it to live for some reason.

Can confirm it uses 504. Why the * doesn't the browser version use 504? I'm going to ask them about that.

Gryllis

All Australian
Feb 12, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol tried it out and it started from the very beginning of the stream instead of live and I can't scrub it to live for some reason.

Can confirm it uses 504. Why the **** doesn't the browser version use 504? I'm going to ask them about that.
There's an option in the add on settings to swap between 'live' and 'from start'. It probably defaulted to from start for you.

It's clearly an error. The digital broadcast rights say streams need to use the free to air feeds with ads. Kayo uses location tracking to give different feeds to different states (ie 7mate to NSW). Somehow the Kodi version is avoiding that - so best not the alert them to that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mine is a little bit different, but apparently this works well
fed532962ed623f3838d63ae9a6a2e6a.jpg

Gryllis

All Australian
Feb 12, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I find the Kodi version smoother now I've tweaked the settings to get it working properly.

Not that I had many problems with Chromecast, but no resolution drops at all tonight with Kodi.

I had been using the browser version on chrome direct to my TV with HDMI from my PC but I've had a fair few issues with it doing weird s**t like the F1s last weekend just stopped dead and when trying to restart it from live it wouldn't work but restarting it from the start and fast forwarding to live did work.

Then it used to get stuck in buffering loops too. But none of it was thanks to my internet at all. Its solid as a rock and very quick. Was odd.

Have had no such issues with Kayo on kodi so far. Full HD constantly and no buffering or odd issues at all.

Also the Kodi stream looks much better on full HD than Kayos browsers version HD.

Probably because it's not using the ******* s**t channel 7 "hd"

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Not tech savvy here but just tried Kayo via Kodi after advice from others on here. A far better resolution than standard Kayo.

Unusual but had 504 feed using Kayo app for Sony TV for last night's game and Chanel 7 for tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From my understanding, when you watch 'foxtel exclusive' matches you should get the ad-free... last night & tonights games were Channel 7 games and foxtel just retransmit those, hence the ads.

During the JLT matches (which were Foxtel exclusive), they were all ad-free?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From my understanding, when you watch 'foxtel exclusive' matches you should get the ad-free... last night & tonights games were Channel 7 games and foxtel just retransmit those, hence the ads.

During the JLT matches (which were Foxtel exclusive), they were all ad-free?
Foxtel dont ever transmit channel 7 ads on on Foxtel. Its just seems to be inconsistent anomaly with Kayo.

Back