Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Clarke or Coff WOW lucky we have a great development coach

Sooner he is gone the better it will be for the club

if he cant turn coffield into an elite player then he can't turn anyone into a player, outside of organic growth

2017 Draft

Pick 1, Rayner - selected
Pick 2, Brayshaw - selected
Pick 3, Dow - selected
Pick 4, Davies-Uniacke - selected
Pick 5, Cera - selected
Pick 6, Stephenson - selected
Pick 7, Clark - NOT selected
Pick 8, Coffield - NOT selected

Cho development on point

pretty much... its pathetic really. even ******* ross lyon is playing brayshaw and cerra.

Lol, should be able to just walk in mate.

I think we are debating two different things. I agree that Clark and Coffield should play. I don't agree that because they are not playing Richardson is a bad development coach. Long, Bruce, Membrey, Gresham, Steele, Ross, Joyce suggest otherwise.

bit of a worrying trend where we seem to develop the roughies/battlers better than the early selections...

we need guys like billings, paddy, clark, king, coffield turning into elites of the comp

I think you are getting really worked up over nothing. We haven't even played yet. If we win I hope you applaud Richardson and coaching staff for making the right selections to allow us to win the game.

you're posting like the previous 5 seasons never happened. people have had 5 years of richo. the dissatisfaction is understandably very high. so as soon as there's even the slightest WTF moment they're going to pile in on him.

it's like when you have an unhappy client over the course of a long running relationship. if you have credits in the bank, they'll be more forgiving when you do something stupid. but if you have been failing them for 2 years, they'll flip out at even the smallest mistake.

i dont agree that last year was the first blemish. the reality is any flag bearing side makes finals inside 3 years of their rebuild. we are long past that point and have never done it. it was obvious two seasons ago. last year was to the point, no one could ignore it, or spin the expectation that was set.

you're posting like the previous 5 seasons never happened. people have had 5 years of richo. the dissatisfaction is understandably very high. so as soon as there's even the slightest WTF moment they're going to pile in on him.

it's like when you have an unhappy client over the course of a long running relationship. if you have credits in the bank, they'll be more forgiving when you do something stupid. but if you have been failing them for 2 years, they'll flip out at even the smallest mistake.

i dont agree that last year was the first blemish. the reality is any flag bearing side makes finals inside 3 years of their rebuild. we are long past that point and have never done it. it was obvious two seasons ago. last year was to the point, no one could ignore it, or spin the expectation that was set.
You speak as if every rebuild is linear. What defines when a side is rebuilding?

2014 and 2015 we were poor (understandably so), 2016 we had a crack at making the eight, same as in 2017. 2018 we fell away and this was only really poor year under Richardson. It's one thing to miss finals but show signs, but it's another to miss finals and not show anything, and 2018 was the only year we did that.

Industry view.

are you sure its still the industry view? i knew it once was when we had the bloke who ended up at melbourne, after the terrible run with GT. but since then i'm not so sure.

i mean there aren't many club out there that have punctured their marque players lung when giving him a standard pain killing injection.

we've just had our head coach state they completely mis-read hanners condition. right after they completely mis-read how bad freeman was.

because we were great doesn't mean we continue to be great!

Our development of our youngsters in general has been poor for 12 years. The evidence has been right in front of us the whole time.

pretty much! if you are any good at developing talent, you don't spend 6 year out of finals.

are you sure its still the industry view? i knew it once was when we had the bloke who ended up at melbourne, after the terrible run with GT. but since then i'm not so sure.

i mean there aren't many club out there that have punctured their marque players lung when giving him a standard pain killing injection.

we've just had our head coach state they completely mis-read hanners condition. right after they completely mis-read how bad freeman was.

because we were great doesn't mean we continue to be great!

pretty much! if you are any good at developing talent, you don't spend 6 year out of finals.
GT? I'm talking about the current medical team. Punctured lung was done by a doctor not employed by the club.

You speak as if every rebuild is linear. What defines when a side is rebuilding?

2014 and 2015 we were poor (understandably so), 2016 we had a crack at making the eight, same as in 2017. 2018 we fell away and this was only really poor year under Richardson. It's one thing to miss finals but show signs, but it's another to miss finals and not show anything, and 2018 was the only year we did that.

ahhhh the tired old line about linear rebuilds. more spin to try and escape the actuality. tell me one club who's head coach spent 4 years out finals and won a flag?

but on the rebuild question lets just go with the moment they exit finals or change up the football dept, coach, recruiter, head of footy etc! its usually pretty obvious when a club rebuilds!

GT? I'm talking about the current medical team. Punctured lung was done by a doctor not employed by the club.

whom ever did it is irrelevant really, unless jake was seeking medical treatment without the authorisation of the club, which i highly doubt!

at the end of the day the club provisions the resources needed to treat the players. still happened under their watch didnt it?

ahhhh the tired old line about linear rebuilds. more spin to try and escape the actuality. tell me one club who's head coach spent 4 years out finals and won a flag?

but on the rebuild question lets just go with the moment they exit finals or change up the football dept, coach, recruiter, head of footy etc! its usually pretty obvious when a club rebuilds!
Spin? I think it's spin to suggest that rebuilds ARE linear. So Hawthorn rebuild when they missed finals in 2009?

whom ever did it is irrelevant really, unless jake was seeking medical treatment without the authorisation of the club, which i highly doubt!

at the end of the day the club provisions the resources needed to treat the players. still happened under their watch didnt it?
It's definitely not irrelevant, it's only irrelevant to you because it doesn't fit the narrative. He was not employed by the club, not part of our medical team. Our medical team did not administer the injection to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spin? I think it's spin to suggest that rebuilds ARE linear. So Hawthorn rebuild when they missed finals in 2009?

It's definitely not irrelevant, it's only irrelevant to you because it doesn't fit the narrative. He was not employed by the club, not part of our medical team. Our medical team did not administer the injection to him.

i didn't suggest they're linear. i was stating that you will know if your senior coach will win a flag by looking at if he can take a side to finals within 3 years. i don't think there is an exception to that rule!

but sure go with 2009 if ya want. clarko still made finals within 3 years. rewind it back to 2004, he still makes finals.

dimma still makes finals.

bevo still makes finals.

literally any coach!

richo still waiting to make finals!

* even hinkley took over the basket case at port and made finals. no flag yet though, which shows you how far richo is away being even an average coach.

our medical team decides on who the players see. but some how you want to argue that its irrelevant if the practitioner they sent him to punctured his lung? that's like essendon turning around and stating "well we sent our players to a clinic off site, how are we to blame if they start pumping them full of unknown substances". the duty of care is with the club to provide the players with adequate resources. you can't sit there and suddenly out source any responsibility.

Last edited:
i didn't suggest they're linear. i stating that you will know if your senior coach will win a flag by looking at if he can take a side to finals within 3 years. i don't think there is an exception to that rule!

but sure go with 2009 if ya want. clarko still made finals within 3 years. rewind it back to 2004, he still makes finals.

dimma still makes finals.

bevo still makes finals.

literally any coach!

richo still waiting to make finals!

**** even hinkley took over the basket case at port and made finals. no flag yet though, which shows you how far richo is away being even an average coach.

our medical team decides on who the players see. but some how you want to argue that its irrelevant if the practitioner they sent him to punctured his lung? that's like essendon turning around and stating "well we sent our players to a clinic off site, how are we to blame if they start pumping them full of unknown substances". the duty of care is with the club to provide the players with adequate resources. you can't sit there and suddenly out source any responsibility.
You said the rebuild starts when they exit finals. So Hawthorn rebuilt in 2009. Interesting!

Anyway, not going to bother with this any more, you have your view and it won't change, and I realise that, so no point continuing. Believe what you would like :thumbsu:

You said the rebuild starts when they exit finals. So Hawthorn rebuilt in 2009. Interesting!

Anyway, not going to bother with this any more, you have your view and it won't change, and I realise that, so no point continuing. Believe what you would like :thumbsu:

there was also an OR in that statement but you neglected to read it ;)

there was also an OR in that statement but you neglected to read it ;)
I don't even know what you are arguing about. I agree he is not the right man for the job. But the s**t posted about him today was unwarranted and I disagreed with that. Anyway moving on...

I don't even know what you are arguing about. I agree he is not the right man for the job. But the s**t posted about him today was unwarranted and I disagreed with that. Anyway moving on...
I was trying to explain that it won't take much for the fans to be disgruntled with richo. So even the slightest perceived selection mishap will blow up. The reason for that is the build up of 5 seasons not one upcoming game.

It sucks for richo but that's the reality of it. It's the way of the world. They have zero confidence in him. People get confidence from repeated positive action. Richo trended backwards and then bottomed out over the last 3 seasons.

I then tried to explain that last year wasn't the failed year where it was painfully obvious he wasn't the coach to lead this club moving forward. It was actually the year prior! I used past evidence of when premiership coaches made finals to demonstrate that.

Id suggest that we under performed in those yesrs (2106 & 2017) and with and tactically sound and astute coaching group we would have played finals and been competitive. Roo & Monty carried the club and coach and as soon as they left he was found out eg 2018.

I admire your tenacity mate, but not sure why you insist on banging your head against a brick wall.

What any of this has to do with the game on Sunday is beyond me.

How bad is it that coffield/clarke cant make the team. two top ten draft picks.

Cant see how this group will ever fet anywhere. I can see Bytel never playing a game too. Can we start a proper rebuild? Sell Billings/Gresham get top 5 picks for em. and start again. build around the King Brothers. Aim
for 2025 to start the rise with proper 20 first rohnders like melbourne and carlton. they will win flags over the next 5-7 years. We need to be ready for the next generation because ross dunstan and steele aint ever gonna beat cripps walsh dow or oliver brayshaw viney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back