Past Sam Naismith - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2864_1655_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sam Naismith
An ACL rupture and a long list of complications wiped out Sam Naismith’s 2018 and 2019 seasons, fuelling the hunger of the chief Sydney Swans ruckman for a comeback 2020 campaign. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product is an excellent tap ruckman who’s shown promising glimpses since being drafted in November 2012, particularly as Sydney powered towards the 2016 Grand Final. The New South Welshman had always worn the number 35 before switching to the number 10 for season 2020 in search of a fresh start.

Sam Naismith
DOB: 16 July 1992
DEBUT: 2014
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2015 Rookie Elevation
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Naismith has switched from number 35 to the number 10 vacated by Zak Jones.

Sam Naismith has switched from number 35 to the number 10 vacated by Zak Jones.
Hopefully that's an indication that he's expected to be a first 22 selection barring injury. It'll be nice having a genuine ruck in the team. No excuses for our midfield if we can't improve our stoppages then.

Hope he has learnt to get a touch , take marks etc

Predicting how many more games he will play?

You are always so very glowing of your praise in our returning injured players Kingy. A breath of fresh air! ;):p

I know how many people hate the idea that players can be important for "structure" (e.g. Naisy, Reid, Melican etc)... and just want all our plays to get 35 touches at 85% and kick 5 goals each... But it's great to see the big guy back up & rolling and I believe he will be an important IN structurally when he manages to get selected. Looking forward to seeing him back dominating hitouts in 2020.

Not sure how he has a longish term contract

Waste of money

Originally Richmond wanted him ahead of Nankervis so he obviously has a fair bit of talent.

He was also pretty crucial to our side when he was fit and running. Sometimes you have to take risks with these things.

Originally Richmond wanted him ahead of Nankervis so he obviously has a fair bit of talent.

He was also pretty crucial to our side when he was fit and running. Sometimes you have to take risks with these things.

Did Richmond want him? Got a link?
I don’t think he was ever crucial to anything

Time will tell I guess , doesn’t do enough outside of tapping the ball imo

Hopefully he can start impacting games around the ground , if he gets on the park

Bloody disappointed in this news. I was hoping that he was over his injury issues but this could be the last straw for him. He's got the talent, but his body can't handle professional footy.

Now we're left without a genuine ruck. I wonder what this does for our recruitment and trading strategy next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back