Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now your testing my memory.

With the game being reliant on mids over the last 10-15 years I can safely say never.

We would have to go back to when Jose Romero couldn't get a senior game.

What tactics are those Snakes? :stern look

Overcooking the footy and constantly playing lateral and wide.

In fairness to the VFL coaches, they were well undersized, so it could have been a designed tactic on the day.

Overcooking the footy and constantly playing lateral and wide.

In fairness to the VFL coaches, they were well undersized, so it could have been a designed tactic on the day.
Thanks. Thought there was a bit of that going on in the JLT. Hopefully it is an aberration. :stern look

I am concerned if the tactics displayed in the VFL today are anything to go by.
At the 3 quarter time huddle Scott was imploring the defenders to spread hard as soon as we won the ball and to use the width of the ground. Thats all well and good when the mids and half forwards can get on their bikes too and into the space further up the ground but conditions, and available talent made that very difficult to do today. The emphasis would not be on winning the game though, moreso on ensuring the VFL boys are playing to the same style the senior boys are to play, which in fairness with the likes of Dumont, Polec, Hall and Higgins we will be able to do. A stretched opposition then gives these guys the opportunity to hit up forwards more easily.

At the 3 quarter time huddle Scott was imploring the defenders to spread hard as soon as we won the ball and to use the width of the ground. Thats all well and good when the mids and half forwards can get on their bikes too and into the space further up the ground but conditions, and available talent made that very difficult to do today. The emphasis would not be on winning the game though, moreso on ensuring the VFL boys are playing to the same style the senior boys are to play, which in fairness with the likes of Dumont, Polec, Hall and Higgins we will be able to do. A stretched opposition then gives these guys the opportunity to hit up forwards more easily.

Are you watching the Bulldogs right now?

Kicks: 129 to 95, Inside 50's: 38 to 20, Marks in 50: 11 to 5, Current score: 8-9 to 2-5.

Are you watching the Bulldogs right now?

Kicks: 129 to 95, Inside 50's: 38 to 20, Marks in 50: 11 to 5, Current score: 8-9 to 2-5.
Im all for more kicking. Quicker ball movement and harder running = a more open forward line.

I love that now in the AFL we measure pressure acts, but the biggest pressure act of them all is not counted......

Kicking goals, it puts the best pressure of them all on an opposition side..... scoreboard pressure.
Aren't the goals recorded on the scoreboard and the player stats? Am I missing the point here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly Fyfe needs to have a blinder for Freo to win. What’s our plan to manage his impact as a mid and resting forward. I don’t mind him getting 30 touches, just need to keep him to a couple of score involvements.

Clearly Fyfe needs to have a blinder for Freo to win. What’s our plan to manage his impact as a mid and resting forward. I don’t mind him getting 30 touches, just need to keep him to a couple of score involvements.

When he's resting forward he's not in the middle, therefore Freo's chances of getting the ball forward significantly diminish.

Clarke has already destroyed Sydney.
We don't have him any more, so we should be more positive this year.

Warned those daft bastards on the Sydney board of what they were in for, was told to piss off.

This just makes it all the more sweeter. He's your problem now assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back