Review Bad, Ugly, and Horrendous vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost a big opportunity to put distance on them which is what hurts, but that does nullify a lot of the damage this loss could have done.
Yah one of those thank god everyone else was also s**t moments

Because he offers defensive pressure. The most important thing a small forward offers in the modern game.
Knight is hard. That's something we sadly lack. We win more when he plays. Maybe it's just the example he sets. One of those football unquantifiables

Last year Milera was a revelation at half back and looked like he could be anything if he continued on in that position. Smith, as we know, has been a gun in this position, an AA in 2014. Yet we moved both from the position where they have dominated so we could find a position for David *******Mackay. Nothing symbolizes the AFC of the last 20 years more than this horrendous move. Nothing symbolizes the AFC quite like David ******Mackay.
It's unfathomable. I think it's just such a snouts in troughs environment at the club that the longer you've been there, the more relationships you build, the harder you are to sack regardless of performance

Team selection this week was way off. Didn't need Murphy and Chayce in the team together. As much as I like him, Murphy doesn't add enough to keep Fogarty (or really anyone else for that matter) out of the side, and I genuinely think he'd be depth for our SANFL side. Chayce is a better pressure forward already and can be replaced with Murphy later in the season if he tires in his first year.

Two key forwards who won't attack the ball from the front of the contest is a burden no team can carry. If not Fog, then someone who will hit the pack and get hands to the ball needs to be in the side next week. Lay into Eddie for declining over the last couple of years as much as you like but it's no coincidence that his opportunities to crumb have dried up the more that Jenkins and Walker have slid to the back of the pack and waited to be outmarked by their direct opponents. He can't work wonders every week and right now he's getting 2-3 chances a game at best. He needs a KF to give him chances and we're wasting the last couple of years of his career right now.

The only positive from today was that Keath really stepped up and showed that when given the responsibility, he can be a decent intercept marking defender. If Hartigan comes back in then hopefully Keath can fill some of the Doedee gap. I actually think Keath could even go forward with his leap and athleticism and break a few packs, though we're sorely exposed at the back without him.

Given the new 6-6-6 structure we desperately need a tall forward who plays as a genuine tall forward and can take a contested mark in the air and crash pack. Neither Walker or Jenkins do this but given we hold onto Mackay and Douglas for dear life, there's no chance a tall forward will make way for Himmleberg or Fog.

We also had an off season where we didn’t strengthen our lineup. Nearly every other team has had players join them that will slot into their first 22, we got a bloke from div 3 amateurs via Sturt

What! I thought he was the icing on the cake in our "super" trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect analysis and my feelings entirely.

Are we broken?

Perhaps we are, the AFC have broken our spirit.

This is how Carlton, Melbourne, Saints etc supporters must cope, you are still interested/support your team but in the back of your mind you know you're not going to win so you don't get upset.

Given the new 6-6-6 structure we desperately need a tall forward who plays as a genuine tall forward and can take a contested mark in the air and crash pack. Neither Walker or Jenkins do this but given we hold onto Mackay and Douglas for dear life, there's no chance a tall forward will make way for Himmleberg or Fog.
Bring back Kurt

Perhaps we are, the AFC have broken our spirit.

This is how Carlton, Melbourne, Saints etc supporters must cope, you are still interested/support your team but in the back of your mind you know you're not going to win so you don't get upset.

We keep dreaming that we are going to be a great club, a Geelong/Hawthorn/West Coast but let's be honest it's never going to happen. Time to find another dream?

I think if the Crows have another 2018 or worse it will permanently break the spirit of alot of Crows supporters. Alot of us realize this year is our last chance before we start another rebuild both in players and coaches (if we have a crap year).

As a team we are cooked, Hospital handballs, no structure, poor basic football skills, no situational awareness that is the worst performance l have seen in the last two years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last year in Alice Springs was far worst but this is fresh manure so stinks pretty bad at the moment.

It's unfathomable. I think it's just such a snouts in troughs environment at the club that the longer you've been there, the more relationships you build, the harder you are to sack regardless of performance
That is a fair assessment, from assistant coaches to Board members to players.

Now the last people you want to be moving on ( for moving sake ) is the players. But by refreshing the Board and the assistant (and head) coaches you dont have alliances

Sam Jacobs openly talks about his strong friendship with Rob Chapman !!

Because he offers defensive pressure. The most important thing a small forward offers in the modern game.

this 'pressure' was definetely not on display tonight. we seem to forgive him for being a very defensive player with no offensice attributes but I'm not seeing the defensive stuff worthy of giving him a place.

i think we are sucked into believing the 2017 model will work for us and knight was a part of that. we need to move past that and improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back