Preview Changes for round 2 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ryan is out and Rioli and Cripps aren't ready - we are ****ed, absolutely ****ed. To have oppos best small defenders taking petrol or vegetables, we will get zero goals from our smalls.

I don't want to trigger Thorne, but Marsden really should be in the list of OUTS after that performance.

11 touches, 1 tackle from a 200 game premiership midfielder. Has the bar really been set that low?

^^^ That being said, i don't think it'll happen given that next week is indeed his 200th. Should be his last warning though, on thin ice.

I'll be there cheering the boys on one way or another.

Darling had a massive ice pack on the inside of his knee. Is that a medial (4-6 weeks) .......or was it just a knock?

Jesus Christ no. I'm not a Masten fan, but we were too tall today. Last thing we need is to replace a small with a tall.
That’s also including Rioli and Cripps back in. That’s Waterman out.. and if we’re going to continue with Barrass and Gov rucking in the back half we might as well drop a ruck. I know it’s our signature but with the amount of quality mobile swingmen emerging we might be better off trying something new. Just throwing up suggestions to keep us unpredictable because you can be sure teams have spent all summer working out how to stop the 2018 Eagles

I don't want to trigger Thorne, but Marsden really should be in the list of OUTS after that performance.

11 touches, 1 tackle from a 200 game premiership midfielder. Has the bar really been set that low?

^^^ That being said, i don't think it'll happen given that next week is indeed his 200th. Should be his last warning though, on thin ice.

I'll be there cheering the boys on one way or another.

As a big Masten fan, tonight was poor. But he's still needed over some dead wood. With Gaff back the following week, he needs a big one next week.

Darling had a massive ice pack on the inside of his knee. Is that a medial (4-6 weeks) .......or was it just a knock?
Think it was a big corkie. Replay didn’t look like he twisted anything, just had some guy land on him.. but who knows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Cole Gov Jetta
Sheed Redden Masten
Petch Darling Allen
Rioli Kennedy Ryan

R - Hickey, Shuey, Yeo
I - Hutchings, Duggan, Venables, Smith

In Kennedy, Smith, Rioli
Out Vardy, Brander, Waterman

Vards is carrying something.

We were too top heavy.

Brander wasnt our worse, but I'm choosing Petch over him

Hmm, what was he reported for? Looked like a headbutt to me, but I'm 3/4 a bottle of gin casting a low quality stream.

Jumper punch I think, that connected a bit high. Hopefully just a fine - but a stupid boy is Liam. It was a dog act by the lion's player that instigated the scuffle.

We were way too tall .

Out Brander waterman petracelle

In kennedy cripps rioli

Allen to be the swing man

Also WTF vardy ! Stop spoiling and going over the top of our own players going for a mark . Just stupid football

Would like to see Brander given a chance on a day that suits him. From memory the game he played against the swans last year was similar conditions.He clunked a nice one with the soapy ball tonight.

Giving him one game in the wet and immediately dropping him isn't a habit I think bodes best for retaining him.

Can't really drop Masten, someone hit the nail on the head when they said he is a link up player so if we're not winning the ball at the coal face it's only natural his production is down.

Probably Waterman for Kennedy and I don't there's much else that can change, based on what i saw tonight I'd start Duggan ahead of Cole, looked poised at times.

Last edited:
Blind Freddy could see Hickey/Vardy not going to work, but what options do we have. The ruck change rules have been blown out of proportion but we still need another option...

Masten still getting a game?

Out: Hickey In: Kennedy
Out: Waterman In: Rioli

OAllen plays 2nd ruck. Bringing Ah Chee in for Brander to help out Oscar/Vardy in the ruck is another option.

Team selection for Brisbane game brought back memories of that Bulldogs EF game.

Rioli isnt injured. His uncle passed away..

INS: JK, Cripps, Rioli
OUTS: Brander, Waterman, Masten

Give Venables and Riolu more time on the inside.
Give Petruccelle a go on the wing for speed with 666 rule, but make it known Gaff is back in round 3. And tbh if Masten survives its a joke anyway but he wont survive for Round 3..

People need to realise fast this 666 rule will push players like him out. These play on from kick ins and long kicks right into the middle we need speed. Masten doesnt suit this new style..We already slowish mids like Redden and Sheed. Plenty enough i believe...

Oh Waterman should never put a West Coast Guernsey on again. The Jake type anyway. Oscar Allen can be Lecras and Darling like and am backing Brander to be JK in a couple years(2021)
Waterman cant kick and i cannot see where he fits with Darling, Allen and Brander the future 3 KPFs once JK is done. He doesnt fit in the defence either.

Jarrod Cameron might be slightly built but with this new opened up less congested game could be used early on the wing too.

Masten will not last to round 3. He rightfully could go this round but would involve a Venables or Petruccelle move up on the wing, with Cripps and Rioli back. But Round 3 Gaff is back and will resume on the wing now with Sheed locking the inside role up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back