Preview Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear God man.

You drop Hore Wagner an Spargo for
Lewis May an Preuss an we will be slower than the fuel burning process of a star

Well one of Hore/O. McDonald/Frost need to make way for May (that's a given).

Spargo and Wagner were just ordinary for large parts of the game.

Gawn was also very ordinary which is why I think he needs a real chop out. With Preuss helping out down forward which will hopefully boost our scoring potential.

Yes Lewis is slow, so perhaps one of Baker/Stretch/KK for that added speed.

I can't see us making too many more changes as I think that was just a one off game and we haven't blown off the cobwebs yet. WCE won the flag last year and dropped Round 1 to Sydney. We'll be right.

Tbh with Goodwin's "no need to overreact" press conference, and the fact is was round one, I could see May coming in and no other changes.

We are a bit challenged at the moment with the bottom six. Having Hannan, Garlett, AVB, Kolo fit would really help.

Losing Dean Kent sucks too, I'll be interested to see how he goes today.

Why the hell are you dropping Wagner? Hes much better than his brother. He was one of the only players in our forward half to play with some zip and urgency, far from our worst and laid some great tackles

In: May, Baker/KK (Depending)
Out: OMAC, Viney (impending off legs)

I say in May, our Hore.

But here mostly to say that this result and on field performance was such an aberration from what these guys did in 2018 that I think I’m justified in showing a little faith.

My money will be on the Dees against next weekend.

Out: Hore, Wagner
In: Lewis, May

I'd agree but * me, don't reckon I could stomach watching us play any slower than we did this week.

No big fan of his but I'm bringing Stretch in, purely coz he can run. Lewis can have another week off.

I say in May, our Hore.

But here mostly to say that this result and on field performance was such an aberration from what these guys did in 2018 that I think I’m justified in showing a little faith.

My money will be on the Dees against next weekend.
We'll be better for the run, even though we dropped points and should have been a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd agree but **** me, don't reckon I could stomach watching us play any slower than we did this week.

No big fan of his but I'm bringing Stretch in, purely coz he can run. Lewis can have another week off.
If it’s a hamstring tear, even minor, then I’d say he’ll get another week to lounge about. I would bring in stretchy too. No great strengths, but not being dreadful represents a strength at the moment so he can come in.

Is there a thought that he’s injured or not fit?
Both by the looks of it. He's as tough as they come and a born competitor; he'd put his hand up even if his legs were amputated. Missed more than half the season last year with a mysterious foot injury last year, would want to be careful with him this year...

Did no one hear Goodwin pre match saying Lewis will miss a couple of games.

KK actually playing today? he is 3 weeks on injury list from 4 days ago

Tbh with Goodwin's "no need to overreact" press conference, and the fact is was round one, I could see May coming in and no other changes.

We are a bit challenged at the moment with the bottom six. Having Hannan, Garlett, AVB, Kolo fit would really help.

Losing Dean Kent sucks too, I'll be interested to see how he goes today.
Dean kicked a pretty important goal for the saints but other than that, largely anonymous from what I watched of the game.

Out: Jones, Viney, OMac
In: Keitly, Baker/Jordon, May
Jones and Viney to find some form and fitness, OMac out over Frost or Hore (Lewis when fit gets Hores spot)

Keitly over Pruess bit more athletic, Baker/Jordon to the wing and stay out of the ******* contest, May obvious

Dean kicked a pretty important goal for the saints but other than that, largely anonymous from what I watched of the game.
Yeah was pretty sloppy early dropped alot of easy marks could have been a 3 goal game if he took his marks early on. Will get better if he doesn't get injured next week only played 5 games last year so finding some touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back