Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

The indefinite call has the alarm bells ringing. An update on where he is at would be fantastic.

There is no update to give. Assume nothing has changed, if it does we will know about it.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if this is relevant, might help.

Another thing that may contribute to a person feeling dizzy is a misalignment of the bones of the upper cervical spine. This type of misalignment puts undue stress on the brainstem and may cause it to send distorted messages about the body’s location to the brain, thereby leading to dizziness.
Upper cervical chiropractors are specially trained to find these small misalignments. We then use a gentle method that encourages the bones to move back into place naturally rather than forcing or popping them. This can relieve the brainstem pressure and may also alleviate dizziness. To learn more, find an upper cervical chiropractor near you.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't know if this is relevant, might help.

Another thing that may contribute to a person feeling dizzy is a misalignment of the bones of the upper cervical spine. This type of misalignment puts undue stress on the brainstem and may cause it to send distorted messages about the body’s location to the brain, thereby leading to dizziness.
Upper cervical chiropractors are specially trained to find these small misalignments. We then use a gentle method that encourages the bones to move back into place naturally rather than forcing or popping them. This can relieve the brainstem pressure and may also alleviate dizziness. To learn more, find an upper cervical chiropractor near you.
If I find out this has dragged on for 8 months because nobody in the club's medical department thought to google "things that might cause dizziness", I'm gonna be pissed. :thumbsdown:

Can I just say that I find the notion a player can have sinusitis and that we don’t know how to cure it ridiculous.
It’s been nearly 10 months since the issue came to light last June.
10 months.

This is ludicrous. How much longer do we wait?
Not saying the club isn’t doing all it can to be solve the problem but we diagnosed him in August, 2 months after the symptoms began and were still trying the same s**t 8 months later.

If we had no idea at the time it appeared whose to say we still don’t?

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can I just say that I find the notion a player can have sinusitis and that we don’t know how to cure it ridiculous.
10 months.

Not saying the club isn’t doing all it can to be solve the problem but we diagnosed him in August, 2 months after the symptoms began and were still trying the same s**t 8 months later.

My gut feeling is they'll find no solution, cope with it maybe for a game or 2 and he'll wind up with issues and go missing again only for the club to spring us towards the end of the season with 'Ben Jacobs is retiring due to the fact he cannot perform to the best of his ability etc.'

I don't want to be right on this at all though, I really hope I'm dead wrong.

10 months.

It's s**t. There are some things medicine still doesn't know a lot about. I have tinnitus as do many others - there's nothing that can be done. You live with it and you get on with it - it's no one's fault and it's sure better than some of the horrible things that can happen to people.

I hope Ben gets back on the park but sometimes thats the way it goes...

Back