Enoughs Enough

blue shark

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The negativity would cease in the event of a 12 or 13 win season even if there was still the odd off field issue.

There's no way the pitchforks in here would be out in the event of that happening... now imagine hypothetically if the club did everything the same but with only 6-8 wins you would be calling for heads.

We get it, we all like to win but a rebuild will do that, you don't get to go through that without getting some s**t on you.

Such a fickle bunch sometimes. Chin up.
We need results not excuses, other first time coaches have delivered, Hawks from 2005 rebuilding to 2008 premiers, Bulldogs, WC, Ross
and the club have had 3 years to implement planning to make Freo a force, instead we have a suspect game plan, permanent injury and
complaints about six day breaks.
What is the point in paying a huge salary to an experienced coach if there is no real improvement?
You can tell with footy clubs when they are up and about, excitement, we are not the worse, but in no way are we revelutionary.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
We need results not excuses, other first time coaches have delivered, Hawks from 2005 rebuilding to 2008 premiers, Bulldogs, WC, Ross
and the club have had 3 years to implement planning to make Freo a force, instead we have a suspect game plan, permanent injury and
What is the point in paying a huge salary to an experienced coach if there is no real improvement?
You can tell with footy clubs when they are up and about, excitement, we are not the worse, but in no way are we revelutionary.

You haven't seen the game plan yet, might help your credibility if you wait until we play a game. The 6 day break after a 40 degree game against the side coming of a 8 day break is a legit complaint, why shouldn't the club and Ross complain, if you don't arc the same thing will keep happening

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
You haven't seen the game plan yet, might help your credibility if you wait until we play a game. The 6 day break after a 40 degree game against the side coming of a 8 day break is a legit complaint, why shouldn't the club and Ross complain, if you don't arc the same thing will keep happening
I agree, we were always going to fade in the second half. Simpson complained about short breaks a few years ago so it’s not isolated.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
When you give Bennell another contract after three years of being unprofessional it sets the standard
For some reason the club doesn’t rate Neale mayne types but loves the Bennell McCarthy Sylvia hogan types
When Neale wanted out I was worried and nothing has eleviated my concerns
You only have to look at a player like brad hill after being at hawks he won the bnf and slowly the hawk professionalism is leaving him on course to be a true freo player injured and uninterested taking a paycheque

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a difference between excuses and reasons. We should see some improvement this year.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
The negativity would cease in the event of a 12 or 13 win season even if there was still the odd off field issue.

There's no way the pitchforks in here would be out in the event of that happening... now imagine hypothetically if the club did everything the same but with only 6-8 wins you would be calling for heads.

We get it, we all like to win but a rebuild will do that, you don't get to go through that without getting some s**t on you.

Such a fickle bunch sometimes. Chin up.

My opinion is that Ross isn’t capable of taking us to a flag, especially with Weber and a poor selection of coaches at the club with him. It’s probably more gut feel but there’s also a lot of evidence from over the last few years, maybe 4.

Despite the fact we’re going through a rebuild, I’ll need to see a lot different from the last few years to change that opinion. It’s not being fickle.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If no improvement in the gameplan and the way the players play, then the bullet pointed at Ross will only get hotter.
Good article in worst Australian today from Duffield about tomorrow's game being the most important round 1 since Ross' first as a coach at Freo.
It starts tomorrow, the torch will get brighter will a feeble performance tomorrow

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Speaking of the same things and credibility anyone know why the hell Ballas is playing tomorrow let alone getting a contract for this year?

That's the kind of stuff where Ross loses a hell of a lot of credibility

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
We kind of had to with our **** drafting for half a decade. We could have gone conservative (and drafted instead of trading) but we'd be in no better position imo. You don't need every trade to be a hit just like you don't need every draft pick to be a hit. We'll have enough of both from the past three off seasons.
When you give Bennell another contract after three years of being unprofessional it sets the standard
For some reason the club doesn’t rate Neale mayne types but loves the Bennell McCarthy Sylvia hogan types
When Neale wanted out I was worried and nothing has eleviated my concerns
You only have to look at a player like brad hill after being at hawks he won the bnf and slowly the hawk professionalism is leaving him on course to be a true freo player injured and uninterested taking a paycheque

Oh the irony,Interesting isn’t it.

During our period of relevancy, 12-15 the biggest query on a majority of our players without doubt was tho hard workers/safe citizens they lacked X factor, class.. bona fide talent.

-Ross and co played it safe with players , he preferred hard work to talent etc

It was seen (and rightly so, think even despite Certain misnomers from the footy public Ross mentioned it a few times) as the reason we kept failing at the final hurdles, especially against the hawks.

We needed more genuine talented footballers. Simple

Now entering virtually an entirely new list ,we’re TOO risk averse , we’re preferring TOO many genuine talents but with issues , we entertaining all these talented high risk high reward types INSTEAD we should be /go back to recruiting hard working average joes/good blokes .... who take you NO where ....lol

Honestly what the **** do some of our supporters/media expect???.... other than to just lay the boots in an criticize every aspect ?????
-a great case in point that four eyed flogg Barrett, went to town on us during trade week for our posturing on hogan... now it’s BLOWN up in our faces and the FFC are fools for recruiting him in the first place.

the main reason we’ve gone through this abrupt re build was because of our previous deplorable drafting and list management. That is where the majority of the blame should lay.

Yet despite this there were/are still people who were dissapointed/seen it as a loss that brad Lloyd and bond left..???

You only have to look at a player like brad hill after being at hawks he won the bnf and slowly the hawk professionalism is leaving him on course to be a true freo player injured and uninterested taking a paycheque[/QUOTE]

How the **** would you even know this???
Stick to listening to 6pr/Sam maclure and Damien barret.

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Build your culture with contracts would be my suggestion

3+ year deals for absolute proven performers and solid off field citizens who would rather win the game than get 3 Brownlow votes

2-3 year deals for up and coming players you think will improve and proven performers with no baggage from other teams

1-2 year deals for younger players you are undecided on

1 year deals for everyone else

Max 2 year deals for any off field staff

If you don't like it bye bye ..... don't fear the unknown

We aren't exactly in an amazing bargaining position. If we started lowballing everyone with their contracts they'd just go play somewhere else and would be right to do so.

Jun 12, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh the irony,Interesting isn’t it.

During our period of relevancy, 12-15 the biggest query on a majority of our players without doubt was tho hard workers/safe citizens they lacked X factor, class.. bona fide talent.

-Ross and co played it safe with players , he preferred hard work to talent etc

It was seen (and rightly so, think even despite Certain misnomers from the footy public Ross mentioned it a few times) as the reason we kept failing at the final hurdles, especially against the hawks.

We needed more genuine talented footballers. Simple

Now entering virtually an entirely new list ,we’re TOO risk averse , we’re preferring TOO many genuine talents but with issues , we entertaining all these talented high risk high reward types INSTEAD we should be /go back to recruiting hard working average joes/good blokes .... who take you NO where ....lol

Honestly what the **** do some of our supporters/media expect???.... other than to just lay the boots in an criticize every aspect ?????
-a great case in point that four eyed flogg Barrett, went to town on us during trade week for our posturing on hogan... now it’s BLOWN up in our faces and the FFC are fools for recruiting him in the first place.

the main reason we’ve gone through this abrupt re build was because of our previous deplorable drafting and list management. That is where the majority of the blame should lay.

Yet despite this there were/are still people who were dissapointed/seen it as a loss that brad Lloyd and bond left..???

A few points
I was not one of them re gf and I saw it as first gf nerves and panic like Fyfe missed two sitters and bombing it in the 50 we lost by 15 pts how did swans and eagles with xfactor go the following 2 years
I’m pretty sure the thread is called enoughs enough not positive thread
I don’t watch commercial tv and have stop watching fox shows as they hate freo
I choose to form my own opinion as a paid up member
These comments are not a reaction to the last few weeks have you seen our last 3 years?

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
My opinion is that Ross isn’t capable of taking us to a flag, especially with Weber and a poor selection of coaches at the club with him. It’s probably more gut feel but there’s also a lot of evidence from over the last few years, maybe 4.

Despite the fact we’re going through a rebuild, I’ll need to see a lot different from the last few years to change that opinion. It’s not being fickle.

Yeha.

I have watched bits of all the games since Thursday. All the teams have put in periods of solid, organised and skillful football.

Ours so far has been pretty meh, workman like stuff. I expect to lose by 6 goals plus this weekend and will be very surprised if the addition of Fyfe is enough to make that any better

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeha.

I have watched bits of all the games since Thursday. All the teams have put in periods of solid, organised and skillful football.

Ours so far has been pretty meh, workman like stuff. I expect to lose by 6 goals plus this weekend and will be very surprised if the addition of Fyfe is enough to make that any better

Adelaide v Hawks game was shite. All games have been low scores.

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
Considering we’re putting out a team worse than last years rd 1 (missing Neale, Shill, Sandie, Blakely) I’ll be very impressed if we win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went and looked at the names team, yes probably not as strong as last season but there is definitely enough talent on that field to win imho.

BigRang

All Australian
Mar 11, 2011
South of the Black Stump
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just wanted to come in here and ask how all the Negative Nancy’s are felling right now (currently 8:35 remaining in the last quarter V Nth Melbourne) I realize its only round 1, and it’s North Melbourne not Richmond etc, but hey look at us winning by over 10 goals without Bennell/Hogan/Logue/Cox etc etc etc. just quietly I’m pretty excited. Not so much about this year but about the next few. Thanks for listening

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back