The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at Danny Murphy’s just then and was gonna buy a 4 pack of gage roads Saison but the date of manufacture was a year ago. Is this sort of thing common and would it taste normal.

I'm no expert but I think Saisons keep pretty well, maybe even taste better in that ~1 year range than fresh?

At DMs it's definitely normal. They don't turn their stock over or have as much appreciation for selling a beer in it's prime.

Whilst a saison won't really deteriorate over a year it's not going to improve unless it's bottle conditioned so the yeast characteristics can continue to develop.

At DMs it's definitely normal. They don't turn their stock over or have as much appreciation for selling a beer in it's prime.

Whilst a saison won't really deteriorate over a year it's not going to improve unless it's bottle conditioned so the yeast characteristics can continue to develop.
That would have been my first saison as well lol
Well im going douth this weekend. Will make sure i try a couple.

Go to Wild Hop. Not sure if they do a saison but it's brand new and very impressive apparently
Search their insta and first thing i scroll into is them grilling a huge bone in ribeye. Defs going there for my two loves.

Never met a Weihenstephaner I didn't get along with.

Currently sitting on a Woodford reserve master distillers and listening to the podcast.

745d5b0566bcd9f89b28c21b49ee9ab6.jpg

Hey DanWCE have cheeky monkey reverted back to cans with a sticker for their packaging? Only West Coast IPA I can find has the old packaging, just a tad worried whether it's old stock.

Yes they have, due to packaging costs. But they ordered a huge amount of printed cans. I reckon they sell more WCIPA than anything else so you're probably still getting fresh stock. Where'd you buy? You can always ask the outlet or possibly check the can for a date.

Keep an eye out for their IIPA dropping soon ;)

Hey DanWCE have cheeky monkey reverted back to cans with a sticker for their packaging? Only West Coast IPA I can find has the old packaging, just a tad worried whether it's old stock.

Hey Boohemian,

I'm the National Sales Manager for Cheeky Monkey.

Those WCIPA cans that have stickers on them are super fresh, or really, really old. We've got some new branding coming out in a few weeks and we've been running down our stocks of printed Pale and IPA cans. We ran out of WCIPA cans so have had to go back to stickers.
Our new head brewer, Dillon, has also made a slight recipe tweak to the WCIPA and thrown a little more Amarillo at it bringing out a little more Orange zest to it. I'm absolutely loving the way it's drinking, if you pick some up, let me know what you think!

And as Dan hinted at, we've got a DIPA and our Imperial Red IPA dropping over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

PS. Just so this post isn't too Cheeky Monkey heavy... I smashed so many tins of Biggie Juice while watching the game yesterday. Feral have absolutely nailed that release.

Hey Boohemian,

Those WCIPA cans that have stickers on them are super fresh, or really, really old. We've got some new branding coming out in a few weeks and we've been running down our stocks of printed Pale and IPA cans. We ran out of WCIPA cans so have had to go back to stickers.
Our new head brewer, Dillon, has also made a slight recipe tweak to the WCIPA and thrown a little more Amarillo at it bringing out a little more Orange zest to it. I'm absolutely loving the way it's drinking, if you pick some up, let me know what you think!

And as Dan hinted at, we've got a DIPA and our Imperial Red IPA dropping over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!

PS. Just so this post isn't too Cheeky Monkey heavy... I smashed so many tins of Biggie Juice while watching the game yesterday. Feral have absolutely nailed that release.
did you smoke 1 marijuana after?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a 4 pack of WCIPA as gift. just looked at the can and they actually stamp the day it's packaged.

Mine was on the 2/1/19. I have no clue if that old tho.

I stumbled across some of these at DMs. Had never seen them before (never seen any NEIPA at DMs before actually). There were a fex boxes of em in a trolley parked near a wines section. It was weird. Not quite as juicy as advertised but they were actually very drinkable and had a lovely haze. And at $24 for 4 x 440mL probably the cheapest NEIPA I've ever had.

1554189197453.png

Hey Boohemian,

Cheers!

Thanks guy. Cheeky Monkey WCIPA is one of my faves. I ended up buying the four pack anyway and it was scrumdiliumptious, but I did have some lingering doubt before I picked it up.

Where is that?

Cheapest I had seen was $65.

I'm on a budget after opening my wallet to the independents a bit too much.

It seems the DM price may have gone back up to $68 anyway.

$62 is the RRP so that's all anyone should be charging. This shouldn't have changed unless Feral realised they priced it far too cheap and have now revised the RRP. They probably need to make money back somehow after bumping a run of Nail pale ale off the canning line to pump out more Biggie to the masses (something that sees them cough up all production costs for Nail in that scenario).

My mate who works at a pub told me that that they pay more for a keg of Swanny D's than they do for VPA. That funny and sad at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back