Moved Thread Eddie Betts targeted in racist attack.. Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would disagree with you on that.
I have been to many sporting contests over many years and and i have never seen more acrimony towards players of colour than at AFL games. Perhaps its got better at AFL games than in the past and obviously living overseas i don't get too many games nowadays only when i come for a holiday, but reading and hearing what i do, i don't think things have improved much, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah that's garbage.

Soccer crowds are a million times more racist and homophobic than AFL crowds.

The truth obviously hurts you

Dude I don't care to get into his petty debate with you. You made a blanket statement about crowds in Australia, I disagreed an now you are labelling me a racist. It's immature on your part an I suggest you grow up

Dude I don't care to get into his petty debate with you. You made a blanket statement about crowds in Australia, I disagreed an now you are labelling me a racist. It's immature on your part an I suggest you grow up
Dude your defence of racism is deplorable.
We don't want people like you in our game.

Dude look at your response to my posts.
I repeat we don't want people like you in our game.
You are grotesque and clearly xenophobic. Go and find another sport to follow as you are not welcome in ours

Yeah you can't find it.
According to you all AFL fans are racist so I should fit in perfectly

Racism is an issue in the AFL supporter community but it is absolutely laughable to think sports like the world football code are clean of it and then engage in a dick measuring contest about how inferior AFL is using this topic.

Last edited:
OP here...

This thread is about the on going racial attacks against Eddie Betts, from bananas being thrown at him to fans yelling racial abuse to keyboard warriors, he's copped it all.. And handled it better than most could have.

This thread has nothing to do with the difference in racism levels between soccer or any other sport. They are off topic and hi jacking the thread.

Stick to the thread topic thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP here...

This thread is about the on going racial attacks against Eddie Betts, from bananas being thrown at him to fans yelling racial abuse to keyboard warriors, he's copped it all.. And handled it better than most could have.

This thread has nothing to do with the difference in racism levels between soccer or any other sport. They are off topic and hi jacking the thread.

Stick to the thread topic thanks.
Well said Mick

Surely Russell was meaning Eddie is superhuman.
Yep, I heard him say it, and he did mean it like that . I can see how it can be taken out of context, I hate Dwayne Russell and started this thread against the racism Eddie has been receiving but even I can see that was meant as a compliment, like he's superhuman, not sub human.

There's obviously going to be more examples of racism and general bad fan behaviour in soccer, it's played in hundreds of countries all over the world. How many countries play Aussie Rules? Anyway, I've been to many Melbourne Victory games and never had any problems with the fans, home or away, didn't get involved in any brawls like those superior AFL fans on Thursday night...

I don't really understand the point in reporting these stories? Do they think they can stop rude comments on the internet?

If people don't like the comments then get a job at the AFL which pays nothing to sit in dark room deleting comments all day.

Now people know they can create fake accounts an get on the news

Yep, I heard him say it, and he did mean it like that . I can see how it can be taken out of context, I hate Dwayne Russell and started this thread against the racism Eddie has been receiving but even I can see that was meant as a compliment, like he's superhuman, not sub human.
Nah I think this needs to go to the top and have Dwayne removed from all commentary. Absolute F-wit (irrelevant to this comment)!

I don't really understand the point in reporting these stories? Do they think they can stop rude comments on the internet?

If people don't like the comments then get a job at the AFL which pays nothing to sit in dark room deleting comments all day.

Now people know they can create fake accounts an get on the news

It won't stop stupid racist comments, but it will at least name and shame the idiots that do do it. In every instance I've seen so far, the idiot in question has ended up deleting their account and tried to change to a new username. All you do is shame them because idiots never learn.

Dwayne Russell is so politically correct that there is no way he would have a racist bone in his body.

It won't stop stupid racist comments, but it will at least name and shame the idiots that do do it. In every instance I've seen so far, the idiot in question has ended up deleting their account and tried to change to a new username. All you do is shame them because idiots never learn.

Yeah I'm sure the bloke named Niggacantwalk is really going to care about being named and shamed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back