Traded Ryan Burton [traded with #15, #35 and future 4th for Wingard and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Scrimshaw slots into HBF and plays like he did in JLT 2 then this will be a great result for Hawthorn. Personally, I will be viewing Scrimshaw and Burton closely as their careers progress as I feel both are very similar players. I don't think we would have seen both in the same 22 in 2019.

If Scrimshaw plays at a level similar to Burton, and Wingard plays to his best, I will be ecstatic with this trade.

In saying that, there doesn't always have to be a loser and Port may very well be happy long term with Burton and Duursma.

exactly. so many ways this can be a win win.

Burton & Duursma for Wingard is going to be interesting tracking going forward.

Both were very good today. But it's just 1 game.
Burton looks very polished. And much better than I was expecting after last season.
And duursma did as well as you could hope for a first game. Butters drew duursma or rozee could easily get a round 1 rising star nod

Both were very good today. But it's just 1 game.
Burton looks very polished. And much better than I was expecting after last season.
And duursma did as well as you could hope for a first game. Butters drew duursma or rozee could easily get a round 1 rising star nod

If Drew is eligible it’s his to lose this week.

Actually it was burton, Duursma, Sam Mayes, and traded from pick 6 (ben king) to 5 (Rozee) , a future 3rd or 4th for Wingard and we might have given them a 3rd or 4th rounder.
If your including the Lions section the it was as follows.

Brisbane in: Pick 6, 35 & Future 3rd
Brisbane lose: Pick 5 & Mayes

Hawthorn in: Wingard & Future 3rd
Hawthorn lose: Burton, Pick 15, 35 & Future 4th

Port Adelaide in: Pick 5(Rozee), 15(Duursma), Burton, Mayes & Future 4th
Port Adelaide lose: Wingard, Pick 6, 2 x Future 3rd

Yeah he had a very good game yesterday. Very happy.
You got a ripper with burto. Dont be surprised when he does more creative s**t like that dribble kick through the centre laterally.

Well done Burto, not shocked he had a good game as he'll be a good player. Sadly Port Adelaide wouldn't accept TOB in a trade involving Wingard lol.

Well done Burto, not shocked he had a good game as he'll be a good player. Sadly Port Adelaide wouldn't accept TOB in a trade involving Wingard lol.

Or Schoenmakers for that matter.

O'Brien has a ways to go at matching that level of ordinariness.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still bitter he got a flag I see

Not at all.....Just find it funny that Tim is allowed to be slagged off wily-nilly on the Hawk board, but that Schoenmakers is a protected species.

Your coming in here to defend him is proof enough of that policy.

Last edited:
Not at all.....Just find it funny that Tim is allowed to be slagged off wily-nilly on the Hawk board, but that Schoen-clangers is a protected species.

Your coming in here to defend him is proof enough of that policy.
What if I said it was off-topic and please don't use troll names for players?

Actually that's not a question. Please stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back