Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just that, but the mega pressure game too.

Coaches have a lot to answer for.

Definitely.

They are primarily responsible for ******* the game up, and the players kicking legs have diminished because they are endurance machines now.

Anyone else a bit annoyed at how the club is just shrugging yesterdays loss off like its nothing rolling out the excuses from coach to captain to players just saying; "It's only Round 1, plenty more to go" or "We're rusty, its okay we'll respond" ala the same old s**t.

MEANWHILE
Essendon cops a hiding by 72 points, 10 points LESS than what we lost by and the club is treating this as seriously as possible, Hepell says the club doesn't stand for it, the couch is dumbfounded and treating this like its a big deal, the media is completely railing into them and the general vibe is that Essendon is taking their loss MUCH more seriously than we are.

Yeah, it's all well and good if we come back next week and win big, but if its gonna keep going up and down all season well nothings been addressed.
I can't even believe I'm saying it but I like the way Essendon is going about this loss than we are.

Anyone else a bit annoyed at how the club is just shrugging yesterdays loss off like its nothing rolling out the excuses from coach to captain to players just saying; "It's only Round 1, plenty more to go" or "We're rusty, its okay we'll respond" ala the same old s**t.

MEANWHILE
Essendon cops a hiding by 72 points, 10 points LESS than what we lost by and the club is treating this as seriously as possible, Hepell says the club doesn't stand for it, the couch is dumbfounded and treating this like its a big deal, the media is completely railing into them and the general vibe is that Essendon is taking their loss MUCH more seriously than we are.

Yeah, it's all well and good if we come back next week and win big, but if its gonna keep going up and down all season well nothings been addressed.
I can't even believe I'm saying it but I like the way Essendon is going about this loss than we are.
I don't know how we're taking it more seriously. All I've seen is the same old pathetic cliches we see get rolled out every time this happens.

I don't know how we're taking it more seriously. All I've seen is the same old pathetic cliches we see get rolled out every time this happens.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I just compare the two responses I see one as more serious than the other. To me it just seems like North is shrugging this one of when its been indicative of what's been wrong for years.

Or maybe we're just way too similar right now in terms of trajectory that its honestly weirding me out.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when I just compare the two responses I see one as more serious than the other. To me it just seems like North is shrugging this one of when its been indicative of what's been wrong for years.

Or maybe we're just way too similar right now in terms of trajectory that its honestly weirding me out.
Tbf I haven't seen Norths response at all. I'm just going off what I've heard from us.

That's not us
That's not how we want to play
We need to have a hard look at ourselves
It's just not acceptable
Blah
Blah
Blah

If you get a pasting from GWS Giants stadium in rd.1 l could live with it.
When you lose by the biggest margin to an average team with injuries and off field problems without a whimper and shrug it off as an aberration you know things aren't right.

Tbf I haven't seen Norths response at all. I'm just going off what I've heard from us.

That's not us
That's not how we want to play
We need to have a hard look at ourselves
It's just not acceptable
Blah
Blah
Blah
Your issue was more effort based therefore you'd expect them to roll with those sort of lines-maybe even get a couple of cameras down at training filming tackling to prove it.

Our problems are all of structural, tactical and personnel (with effort too) which is why no amount of press conferences or call to arms can change our fate. We'd be a joke if every week we say that's not the north way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how does banning someone for two years actually work. How do they actually enforce that, surely you just buy another membership in a different name.

how does banning someone for two years actually work. How do they actually enforce that, surely you just buy another membership in a different name.

How does it stop them making moronic racist comments?

It doesn't. This is pure unadulterated virtue signalling.

How does it stop them making moronic racist comments?

It doesn't. This is pure unadulterated virtue signalling.

No it doesn't stop them. The best way to stop campaigners like that is to shoot them. Unfortunately we're not allowed to do that so this sort of thing will have to suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back