Prediction Changes vs Tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Saintly. Two polar bears. You know he skulls a bundy and coke every time you post a polar bear photo.
I faltered again.

As Nathan Lane’s character said to Frasier: I’m sick. I’m sick.

As a somewhat known fanboy of Sier, I’m just asking why do people just assume (and then add mayo) Sier has this bad behaviour?

Maybe he is just in the group of players all squeezing for a spot, which includes absolute mega trainers like, Goldsack, Greenwood, Aish, Mayne, Brown C...

Spots are tight and if you’re not quite showing it, you’re not getting picked.

Last season it took him a while to get a spot.

Actually I’d have him in, because he’s just better than Brown. He’s a big powerful clever unit which beats vanilla players from my point of view.

But that’s me, obviously Callum has really impressed (I don’t see it myself, but good luck to him).
Something is fish SV.
The Bear burst onto the scene last year, surprising and exciting us all.
All of a sudden he isn't considered for selection.
Something is going on.
Bad behaviour?
Bad attitude?
I don't know. But the club is notorious for feeding us bullshit. Which by the way I'm ok with, they aren't obliged to tell us everything. Personally I am not buying into the "niggle" story. I believe there is more to this.

If we lose this man I swear.. imma buy a crotch stained pair of used denim at the OP shop.. and wear that s**t around without giving thought as to who the f wore em and where the f stain came from re.. and just strut my stuff and tell my mates.. you see these jeans re.. 5 bucks re.. 5 bucks re.. where do you find s**t like this for 5 bucks re..

I've f had it man.. that's it for me.

If we lose this re.. I will get together with me mates at Medallions or Melissa in my Lonsdale gear for a frape or a cap or whatever re.. and ask em who they voted for in the election.. then I'll go 'you're an idiot re.. how can you not vote for the sex party re.. and you come with me to Kivotos and that with me re.. you're a nerd re'. Followed by loud laughter and that re..

I've f had it man.. that's it for me.

Surprised Levi didn’t play against the Cats. Had him penciled in for the first three rounds- Selwood, Cotch/Dusty, Shuey/Yeo.
The depth of our midfield allows us to play a tough, scragging tagger around the stoppages meaning that we can outnumber the opposition with higher quality ball winners while nullifying their best clearance player.

It's ok to make changes to the team but the fans need to do more. We need to panic and lose hope.

FFS have faith - this is Cwood - it will happen - world's best practice right here........ - skills honed over decades of pain, frustration, disillusionment, agony, disbelief etc etc- just hang in there - panic is coming...........

Surprised Levi didn’t play against the Cats. Had him penciled in for the first three rounds- Selwood, Cotch/Dusty, Shuey/Yeo.
The depth of our midfield allows us to play a tough, scragging tagger around the stoppages meaning that we can outnumber the opposition with higher quality ball winners while nullifying their best clearance player.

I was too. When we were missing our best two first possession midfielders it made sense to tag one of their best mids, add more pressure at the stoppages and give greater freedom for the other on ballers to free wheel.

Where did Sidebottom play against Geelong? He had little impact and was often getting his disposals in defence, but I cant recall his starting position. Was he tagged? I reckon until Adams and Sier are back we go more defensive with Greenwood and spread more talent to the wings. Instead of Mayne and Phillips we can have Phillips and Sidebottom/Beams/Treloar.

Also, how bad was Mayne against Geelong? Turnovers, fumbles, not body lining the footy, missed tackles. Mayne is marginal and can't afford to fail the fundamentals. He has some credits but boy was he bad.

I was too. When we were missing our best two first possession midfielders it made sense to tag one of their best mids, add more pressure at the stoppages and give greater freedom for the other on ballers to free wheel.

Where did Sidebottom play against Geelong? He had little impact and was often getting his disposals in defence, but I cant recall his starting position. Was he tagged? I reckon until Adams and Sier are back we go more defensive with Greenwood and spread more talent to the wings. Instead of Mayne and Phillips we can have Phillips and Sidebottom/Beams/Treloar.

Mayne and Phillips on the wings leaves us seriously lacking in our quality of F50 entries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, how bad was Mayne against Geelong? Turnovers, fumbles, not body lining the footy, missed tackles. Mayne is marginal and can't afford to fail the fundamentals. He has some credits but boy was he bad.
To be fair I don't think any player was immune from fumbling and clangers.
How was Treloar/Ablett launching for goal and absolutely cooking to kick out on the full :p

Ugh, had a dream last night that I woke up to the news that Rupert Wills and Ben Crocker got a contract extension before Sier.
Dreams can be described as certain sensations, images or ideas that involuntarily occur in the mind during various stages of sleep.
A nightmare is an unpleasant dream which may cause despair, terror, sadness, and anxiety in a person.

It is. Interesting to note that in the weekly 'Around the State Leagues' article AFL.com.au puts out, Sier was the very first player mentioned as starring in our VFL practice (though Appleby was not mentioned, surprisingly). The article stated he won plenty of ball.

The same article also stated Daicos and Crocker only "flashed in and out of the contest." And yet here we see the club saying Crocker is in line for a senior recall but Sier gets not a single mention. When Matthew Boyd was asked post-match which senior players played well, again not a single mention of Sier but a mention for Wills.

Wills and Lynch easily our best from what I saw.

I live in hope that Adams is a surprise selection but, regardless, Greenwood's gotta come in. With Rance already out, a hard tag on Cotchin will take us a long way towards getting on top of the Tiges.

Despite a quiet VFL practise match, I'd bring Sier in too. Some players just play better on the bigger stage. He's one of them. We need him in and under, winning the hard ball and distributing it to Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Beams, etc

I'd also really like to see Maynard get some midfield time. I like his mongrel, line-breaking and penetrating kicking.

OUT Brown Phillips
IN Greenwood Sier

FB Langdon ~ Roughead ~ Aish
HB Howe ~ Moore ~ Crisp
C Sidebottom ~ Pendles ~ Maynard
HF Stephensen ~ Mihochek ~ Beams
FF DeGoey ~ Cox ~ Elliott
R Grundy ~ Sier ~ Treloar
INT Mayne ~ Thomas ~ Greenwood ~ Varcoe

GO PIES!

Adams said on the news last night he's not a chance for this week, maybe against the Weagles or the Doggies.

Adams said on the news last night he's not a chance for this week, maybe against the Weagles or the Doggies.

Soft......in my day we would have chopped it off and got back on the ground :p

That sounds dire.

As much about context as anything else I think. From what I could see, only 13 of the possible 24 senior/rookie listed guys played. We seemed to be light on for senior VFL players as well. Meant the entire team seemed under the pump the majority of the game from what appeared to be a pretty strong Cats squad. They actually did well to still be in it until late in the last.

Still not sure how I feel about Thursday night games. On the positive side it's a short turn around and already only 2 days until we play, with our team to be selected tomorrow evening.

On the other hand you have to basically do the whole weekend without watching the Pies play.

I guess if we win it'll be a whole 9 days to bask in glory before the GF rematch.

I guess if we win it'll be a whole 9 days to bask in glory before the GF rematch.

Indeed, and we can hurl abuse at every other club in the weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back