Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
No, I don't know you either but I like that you know so much & you stick by the McIntyre's. Who said we were tag teaming? Sprockets just sounds very much like Claire Halliday still trying to get the scoop she soneeds for her podcast all about how Max is innocent & he was the best man ever& how the three McIntyre kids just like to lie for decades about their dad because he was such a kind man & he deserves justice and his name cleared. That woman makes me want to throw up a little in my mouth far too often... BTW I've never met Suzie Ratcliffe either
Nobody here has ever said that. Nobody

All that has been said is how does MMs perversions and actions lead to the Beaumont kidnappings , apart from the allegations of his children?

Maybe a question for a Parliamentary Commission might be : Was Max McIntyre a suspect in 1966?

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
These are the original photos published just after the children disappeared, showing them a lot younger than what they were.

three vanish.jpg

Later photos that were closer to what they looked like when they disappeared were used.

1553559468082.png

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haydn Phipps was a drug addict who is dead too. I wasted money on that stupid book as I was hoping to get a better idea of who Harry Phipps was., The only main thing in that book were the two authors plugging their own previously written books & they should be ashamed of what they did & just how much damage they did with their worthless book

And Hayden had a very difficult life like may who were sexually abused as children. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater with Phipps. If they were taken from the beach in a car as the Vietnam Vet witnessed, it would make sense to go somewhere close as they would realise on a longer journey they were not being taken home.

First hand accounts like Hayden seeing them playing in the back yard, fit with grooming of them to accept a pound buying lunch for around 6 people and why they might get in a car for the reason of taking the food to Phipps house, especially if the money came from him. Also fits that they could have been drugged with their coca cola they bought.

Also I'm not discounting the account of the retired detective seeing Jane's airline bag in the Phipps basement.

I found the discussion of "Frank Barsley", mentioned in that book, that we had previously on this thread quite intriguing and think this man was Elliot Frank Johnson and possibly his car the children got in and went to Phipps house. Advertiser know exactly who the car belongs to.

All that being said, yes I do believe Andrew's and his sisters accounts and think they were taken then to a house where they were abused and murdered. I don't think they were supposed to be murdered but it happened and that was why Max McIntyre was surprised and angry when he received a phone call later after he'd returned home.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
If they were taken from the beach in a car as the Vietnam Vet witnessed, it would make sense to go somewhere close as they would realise on a longer journey they were not being taken home.

Last bit first. I'm not sure that would matter once they are in the car.

1st bolded bit. Yes and no and maybe. According to reports Phipps lived 90 seconds from the beach. Yes more people may have spotted them walking along as opposed to being in a car but there is also the other of people spotting 3 kids getting into a car , spotting them in the car etc

I dont give that much weight to the VV recollection.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Last bit first. I'm not sure that would matter once they are in the car.

1st bolded bit. Yes and no and maybe. According to reports Phipps lived 90 seconds from the beach. Yes more people may have spotted them walking along as opposed to being in a car but there is also the other of people spotting 3 kids getting into a car , spotting them in the car etc

I dont give that much weight to the VV recollection.

Me either. It was massive news in the days of the initial search and I doubt anyone at all in Adelaide didn't know about it at the time. Even as a child living in Melbourne it was huge, so I can't see how a mature aged person who was actually (allegedly) at the scene and saw them wouldn't know what was going on. His account also conflicts with other accounts re the description of the perp. I think the most fitting description of him is that he was pretty messed up when he got back from the war.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
And Hayden had a very difficult life like may who were sexually abused as children. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater with Phipps. If they were taken from the beach in a car as the Vietnam Vet witnessed, it would make sense to go somewhere close as they would realise on a longer journey they were not being taken home.

First hand accounts like Hayden seeing them playing in the back yard, fit with grooming of them to accept a pound buying lunch for around 6 people and why they might get in a car for the reason of taking the food to Phipps house, especially if the money came from him. Also fits that they could have been drugged with their coca cola they bought.

Also I'm not discounting the account of the retired detective seeing Jane's airline bag in the Phipps basement.

I found the discussion of "Frank Barsley", mentioned in that book, that we had previously on this thread quite intriguing and think this man was Elliot Frank Johnson and possibly his car the children got in and went to Phipps house. Advertiser know exactly who the car belongs to.

All that being said, yes I do believe Andrew's and his sisters accounts and think they were taken then to a house where they were abused and murdered. I don't think they were supposed to be murdered but it happened and that was why Max McIntyre was surprised and angry when he received a phone call later after he'd returned home.
actually, I thought the reason Max got pissed & Tony pulled at his hair & cried after that call was because the new witness didn't OD like had been planned. They now had another living witness. I have no clue who Frank Johnson is though. I agree, I think Haydn was abused.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I doubt it, I bet he had it well covered
Nobody here has ever said that. Nobody

All that has been said is how does MMs perversions and actions lead to the Beaumont kidnappings , apart from the allegations of his children?

Maybe a question for a Parliamentary Commission might be : Was Max McIntyre a suspect in 1966?
o he was never even on the radar

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
And again we have a contradiction in action. The children are quite happy making allegations of proxies thrown over cliffs etc and other deaths of children from homes yet the Beaumonts are an accident???

( I accept this is your comment but it still doesnt stand up)

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
And again we have a contradiction in action. The children are quite happy making allegations of proxies thrown over cliffs etc and other deaths of children from homes yet the Beaumonts are an accident???

Just to expand on that point, what was supposed to happen to the Beaumont children if they weren't meant to be murdered? Just released back to their parents or police? Has that ever happened anywhere else with THREE children? By someone who wouldn't think twice about throwing three children off a cliff or feeding his own child to a sex predator?

I'm glad someone else demands the same standard of proof as myself.

Belushi Brassiere

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2011
Albury-Wodonga, Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Crime investigation Australia's re-enactments in that episode are hilarious if you are a historian. The re-enacting "Jane Beaumont" wearing a pink "Speedo" swimsuit (Were Speedo even around in 1966? And, even if they were, did their child's swimsuits really look like that?) and the BC visiting a 2006 bakery.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

Of course it's my opinion and what the McIntyre children have said isn't he only reason I've come to this point of view. I don't see a contradiction between what they've said in this instance which was their father came home around 2.00 pm. He had left bare chested with a towel and long trousers but came back with a tshirt that belonged to Munro which had blood on it. Around 4.00 pm McIntyre received a phone call upon which he became very upset to the point he's almost in tears (there are quotes, but I'm paraphrasing) and not long after Munro comes to their house with the children in the back boot. They made mention of many others either patrolling the street or driving past. McIntyre is extremely upset saying the poor children etc, saying they were alive when he left and biaazarely making statements to Ruth that she didn't believe.

So I do believe Max was surprised and shocked the children were killed and I don't think he was there when this happened, and by his reaction it wasn't supposed to happen. However as Andrew states he was the "undertaker" and I believe Max buried the children.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just to expand on that point, what was supposed to happen to the Beaumont children if they weren't meant to be murdered? Just released back to their parents or police? Has that ever happened anywhere else with THREE children? By someone who wouldn't think twice about throwing three children off a cliff or feeding his own child to a sex predator?

I'm glad someone else demands the same standard of proof as myself.
Hahaha Someone demands the same standards of proof! You're trolling. Out of any of the children making claims from this time Andrew's is the only one that has been tested in court and has been proved. Maybe if the cops accented his statement this could have happens years earlier in that instance and for his current claims I'd like to see it in Court as well.

There are many children abused around the same time in SA by their own parents, scout masters, lawyers, doctors, judges, Munro's diving group of young boys and from Institutions. All of these claims are supported by first hand accounts, convictions, or the Mullighan Inquiry for children in State Institutions. Read the reported comments taht were tabled in Parliment.

There were many hundreds of children that died or disappeared from State Institutions in SA. There were many examples of sexual abuse by adults in the community of children in State Institutions. I agree Andrew's claim seem outrageous but three children dying out of nearly 200 is not huge.

It should be able to be easily proven or not. Mullighan needed to have a list of dates, ages and genders of children that died and causes of death for many to collate the Tables he had in the Deaths chapter. Where is the list Sprokets? Do some research and find it then you can get triggered and have a sook. There is no reason for this information to be suppressed like a lot of the Mulligan report, and it would be the first step to supporting or slapping down those particular claims that Andrew and Ruth have made.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Hahaha Someone demands the same standards of proof! You're trolling. Out of any of the children making claims from this time Andrew's is the only one that has been tested in court and has been proved. Maybe if the cops accented his statement this could have happens years earlier in that instance and for his current claims I'd like to see it in Court as well.

There are many children abused around the same time in SA by their own parents, scout masters, lawyers, doctors, judges, Munro's diving group of young boys and from Institutions. All of these claims are supported by first hand accounts, convictions, or the Mullighan Inquiry for children in State Institutions. Read the reported comments taht were tabled in Parliment.

There were many hundreds of children that died or disappeared from State Institutions in SA. There were many examples of sexual abuse by adults in the community of children in State Institutions. I agree Andrew's claim seem outrageous but three children dying out of nearly 200 is not huge.

It should be able to be easily proven or not. Mullighan needed to have a list of dates, ages and genders of children that died and causes of death for many to collate the Tables he had in the Deaths chapter. Where is the list Sprokets? Do some research and find it then you can get triggered and have a sook. There is no reason for this information to be suppressed like a lot of the Mulligan report, and it would be the first step to supporting or slapping down those particular claims that Andrew and Ruth have made.
You're still going on about the abuse of children in State care, right? I'm not interested. Stick to the Beaumonts and I'll say it again, if McIntyre was found by the Mulligan Inquiry to have grabbed three kids, paraded them around town as the Beaumont children and then thrown them off a cliff he'd have been charged for that and the Beaumont murders regardless of any suppression orders. Suppression doesn't mean suppression from the law. The fact he wasn't tells us it was never found to be true.

I'll ignore your personal jibes, for now.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Out of any of the children making claims from this time Andrew's is the only one that has been tested in court and has been proved.
Again I take issue with this. Yes Andrew had a proven claim in court.

It doesnt necessarily follow the other claims are also true

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
and Mulligan picked Judge Liddy's best friend as his second man on that inquiry, coincidence?
Don't know, but from what I read Mulligan made a great effort to be thorough. It was the SA Labor Government who slapped the 80 year suppression order on it. It would be a start to support or dismiss Andrew's claims to check if there were similar aged and gender children that died not long after the Beamont's disappeared.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Again I take issue with this. Yes Andrew had a proven claim in court.

It doesnt necessarily follow the other claims are also true
Correct, but Andrew is asking for these allegations to be tested in Court and he is saying he has always told the truth. That is correct as far as has been proved through his sexual abuse claim against Munro, that the SA police refused to take his statement on for years, as well.

It's possible his claims are true. The Beaumont children's disappearance and most probable murder is a huge tragedy that changed the innocence of Australia.

However if there were three other children that died through evil that thought it might contribute to the cover up of what really happened to the Beaumont's that these three lives are connected to this mystery and are just as important as the Beaumont children's. I believe Andrew's claims need to be looked at.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've been reading this thread for a while and WTF!!

If they really wanted to find out what happened to the Beaumont children why didn't they publish this information sooner. I understand it was a year before they they mentioned the children had 1 pd note ... but seriously all that I can remember seeing that they bought was some pasties and a pie.

A finger bun is not the size of a finger and would be a good lunch for a child.

They would have had to have 2 finger buns, 2 pasties (or a pie) each and most of a large bottle of coke each!! And this isn't suspicious?? Why wasn't this in the papers if they wanted to find out what happened to them?
Yep.
1553736272427.png
1553735807305.png
1553735842311.png
1553735904477.png

1553736200511.png
1966 Coca Cola ad

Attachments

• 1553735755511.png
    1553735755511.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 122

bcclaire

Draftee
Feb 27, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Because I don't believe everything anonymous internet people post? Ok. :rolleyes:

mate these guys have been at it for 90 pages, BlueE especially knows so much for somebody who isn’t from Adelaide and has no right to care about this. And WW’s amount of info baffles me.

You can say you don’t believe these people but I do. They’ve put in the hard yards and seem to know more about what’s going on than some cops.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
mate these guys have been at it for 90 pages, BlueE especially knows so much for somebody who isn’t from Adelaide and has no right to care about this. And WW’s amount of info baffles me.

You can say you don’t believe these people but I do. They’ve put in the hard yards and seem to know more about what’s going on than some cops.
If you care so much about who's been commenting here the longest go back to page two and see who was posting way back when, although in my opinion it doesn't matter how many posts you've made or when you became interested in the subject.

You're entitled to believe what you want to believe. Me, I want more evidence than what we've been given here, which apart from MM's disenfranchised children's accounts, is virtually none. Oh, there's also the accounts from another couple of people given 50 years after the disappearance, one of which contradicts information given by independent witnesses at the actual time it occurred and who has admitted to being "messed up". Obviously the cops share my view and that has to carry more weight than internet posters who only have a fraction of the evidence at hand. I guess 'they have their man'.

EDIT: I see you think it's a police coverup...

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you care so much about who's been commenting here the longest go back to page two and see who was posting way back when, although in my opinion it doesn't matter how many posts you've made or when you became interested in the subject.

You're entitled to believe what you want to believe. Me, I want more evidence than what we've been given here, which apart from MM's disenfranchised children's accounts, is virtually none. Oh, there's also the accounts from another couple of people given 50 years after the disappearance, one of which contradicts information given by independent witnesses at the actual time it occurred and who has admitted to being "messed up". Obviously the cops share my view and that has to carry more weight than internet posters who only have a fraction of the evidence at hand. I guess 'they have their man'.

EDIT: I see you think it's a police coverup...
This thread does have much archived and important information that is based on police reports and various first hand witness accounts which can help to complete this puzzle. I think it's becoming clear that there is not just "a man" but clearly a groups of men who are identified by many independent witnesses.

SA cops have disgraced themselves as far as not believing Andrew McIntyre's abuse claims and not taking his statement even though these claims were later proved and one of the many SA pedo's was jailed. SA cops are proved incompetent or corrupt as far as the McIntyre children are concerned. Don't forget the oldest sister was found dead in her backyard a day after reporting to SA cops what she knew about the Beaumont children's deaths. Also their mother suspiciously dying in a locked hospital room after being raped only 6 months after the Beaumont's disappeared and at 34 her death was ruled to be from natural causes!

SA cops (woman's division) also made a report of a child abused on the afternoon the Beaumont children disappeared when they attended an address in Adelaide and removed the child from that address and treated and recorded his injuries. This victim claims the Beaumont children were at the same address and were also abused by the same people he was. He identifies Tony Munro, Max McIntyre and an unknown man. The female police officers arrived just after the Beaumont children were taken away. SA cops ignore this police report from SA cops woman's division.

SA cops have a sexual abuse complainant against a 71 year old man John Pike who was extradited from SA to Qland on at least 60 historical sexual abuse claims. He was a friend on Munro and in the infamous "Scavengers" diving club. He says he knows what happened to the Beaumont children although he wasn't involved himself. Unknown whether SA cops have interviewed this man, but his account could correlate the other witnesses.

Vietnam Vet who was 19 at time has an account of the children and Munro who he identifies they were with that is identical description to the elderly lady (woman 3 in the archives). She was said to be the last person to see the children before they disappeared. He spoke to this elderly lady and her husband, and didn't know she had put in a witness report as he didn't realise that the children he saw and spoke to were the Beaumonts. He though the oldest girl he was speaking to was around 11 and all the news papers had photos of significantly younger children initially. He has details in his report that no one else could know and his identification of the car could be very important information but is not published.

SA cops hierarchy refused the help of a recently retired NSW cop who had the reputation of the best investigator in Australia after he flew to Adelaide from and sent him back on the plane the next day.

SA cops also didn't think it was important to publish that the children had one pound and which they spent on finger buns, pies and pastes and drinks for many people, even though the bakery was one of the last places they were confirmed being seen alive.

So if you think after 53 years SA cops have done a good job you have a more narrow focus than them and while they may have ulterior motives for the crime not to be solved I'm curious what your motives are?

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Also their mother suspiciously dying in a locked hospital room after being raped only 6 months after the Beaumont's disappeared and at 34 her death was ruled to be from natural causes!
Again when making assertions check the facts are correct

McIntyre died in December 1966 buried January 1967

She was admitted to Glenside Hospital and was found dead in a locked room after it was suspected she had been sexually assaulted on December 30, 1966.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
SA cops have disgraced themselves as far as not believing Andrew McIntyre's abuse claims and not taking his statement even though these claims were later proved and one of the many SA pedo's was jailed.
Hyperbole. They must deal in facts not allegations

SA cops have a sexual abuse complainant against a 71 year old man John Pike who was extradited from SA to Qland on at least 60 historical sexual abuse claims. He was a friend on Munro and in the infamous "Scavengers" diving club. He says he knows what happened to the Beaumont children although he wasn't involved himself. Unknown whether SA cops have interviewed this man, but his account could correlate the other witnesses.
Is he saying it because he genuinely believes it or it might help his sentencing. This is the concern for me. If he wasnt involved then why not say something earlier?

Vietnam Vet who was 19 at time has an account of the children and Munro who he identifies they were with that is identical description to the elderly lady (woman 3 in the archives). She was said to be the last person to see the children before they disappeared. He spoke to this elderly lady and her husband, and didn't know she had put in a witness report as he didn't realise that the children he saw and spoke to were the Beaumonts. He though the oldest girl he was speaking to was around 11 and all the news papers had photos of significantly younger children initially. He has details in his report that no one else could know and his identification of the car could be very important information but is not published.
I understand why it took a year but it still has to be weighed against that time to come forward as to his recollection. He could have guessed. How many others came forward and guessed right or wrong?

SA cops also didn't think it was important to publish that the children had one pound and which they spent on finger buns, pies and pastes and drinks for many people, even though the bakery was one of the last places they were confirmed being seen alive.

So if you think after 53 years SA cops have done a good job you have a more narrow focus than them and while they may have ulterior motives for the crime not to be solved I'm curious what your motives are?
No I do not think the police have covered themselves with glory but I do recognise the difficult job they have of separating the fantasists from those with real information

Those of us want this solved but neither do we want to waste time (like at Castalloy) listening to fantasists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back