Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone who hates Sam Mc Clure might have to change their tune. He ripped into Davis Schwartz who had been claiming we didn't do a medical on Hannerbury. He ran through all the 4 medicals and was really positive about our medical team and staff. Was pretty surprised how he didn't buy into the negativity and just roll with it. Good on him, it was refreshing.
He is also mates with Hannebery. Both Xavier guys.
But Schwartz is an idiot publicly stating we didn't give him a medical.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone who hates Sam Mc Clure might have to change their tune. He ripped into Davis Schwartz who had been claiming we didn't do a medical on Hannerbury. He ran through all the 4 medicals and was really positive about our medical team and staff. Was pretty surprised how he didn't buy into the negativity and just roll with it. Good on him, it was refreshing.

Link pls?

I heard it :D Was magnificent. Everyone who is posting negative crap about it here should play it.

Jeez it will be nice when Hannebery gets back so he can shove it up this clown. Honestly Barrett is the biggest Monday's expert, hasn't got a clue about football and just loves taking a pot at us every week.
Senior AFL journalist working on his next article...

14ceio8.jpg

If that's the best the "fittest team in the comp" can do against the battling Suns, then it's going to be an even longer season than we already know it will be.

Fancies himself a Nostradamus, does the weasel.
Wish he’d take a long walk off a short plank.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
McClure cops heaps from opp supporters, but in the 18 months I've been listening to him he always goes into bat for us.(even before Hanners joined)

It's always nice when an outsider goes into bat for us.

BT is one of our biggest defenders in the media. Some say it's because he's mates with Richo, but I really couldn't care what reason it is.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
The bit he got wrong there was "battling Suns". They had their toughest ever preseason which incorporated a lot of running, they won both their JLT games, they have a smart coach and they recruited some good experienced players. They were a form team coming into round 1. You can't judge them on last years form

I agree that the suns are not necessarily battling, but whilst everyone is calling out Barrett, bear in mind swans easily accounted for suns in one of the JLT games.

I can't stand Barrett like most here, but I actually think he is on a winner bagging the Hannebery acquisition, and the fact that the acquisition was driven by Lethlean doing a deal with a mate means he is open to being potted.

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
So over this Hannebery s**t... I really hope he can get 15 games out this year and just tear it up.

So many fans and outsiders just don’t get it I reckon... it’s a long term deal... sure it sucks he isn’t fit and firing right now but he will get there.

These idiots in the media literally making up stories, they should be thrown off their respective stations or networks for the dribble they are creating, just a media circus of drama.

Can’t wait for Hanners to stick it up then, can only imagine he’d be more motivated than ever.

Heard it on SEN on the way home tonight, I assume it's this?

https://www.sen.com.au/programs/time-on/

Whack!
Well done to Sam, who also mentions that our medical dept is regarded as one of the best over the past decade.

What really got me is that Schwarz says he was told by two people at the Saints that no medical was done. Surely that has to be complete BS.

And he must really be incredibly stupid to even believe his supposed two sources from the Saints that any club would not do due diligence on any player, let alone one coming on such a long contract.

I was impressed by Sam saying that the media had to be accountable for what they say....old mate DB should take note.

Have to say old Scoop has gone up in my estimation.

“Rory Sloane will be at St Kilda next year (2017). Bookmark it.”

- David Schwarz

The guy is full of it & after a cheap headline.
You miss Fev last week declaring a coach like Richo would get the arse in round 1 if they had a massive loss. That's chasing a headline.

You miss Fev last week declaring a coach like Richo would get the arse in round 1 if they had a massive loss. That's chasing a headline.
Fev chases headlines almost as fast as he chases his uber-eats packages.

Chazz M Michaels

Team Captain
Nov 8, 2007
Ice skating rink
AFL Club
St Kilda
We will have the money for re-signing Billings. But he's not performing at a level demanding big money. Who were you going to spend it on "THIS" year?
Why do people keep saying they had to spend this money on someone so it's fine to spend it on a non-player?

They could have adjusted a couple of contracts to bring payments forward with a little extra bump for any "inconvenience" if they wished. There's heaps of things the club could have done instead of wasting 800k.

Some supporters are so one-eyed here.

No wonder mediocrity is tolerated at the saints.

puppy_dog7

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
This is becoming beyond ridiculous.. it’s blatantly clear that he has a personal vendetta against lethers and the club. And his complete and utter lack of integrity and professionalism when it comes to his ‘journalism’ should be held to account.
How can someone in a position like he is in the media continually get away with saying whatever bullshit he wants to fill his own ego, and not be held accountable?

Back