The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 24 Thread #LeBronofficiallyoutofplayoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
There's not exactly a bunch of great coaches sitting on the side line waiting for a job.

And, honestly, if you are a great coach, why would you want to coach LAL? Talk about pressure cooker stuff. And you might end up with a G-League team in two-three years after Magic trades all the youth away for LeBron.

Hornets start giving the young guys minutes and win 4 in a row for the first time this season, against decent teams too.

Our 2nd rounders Bacon and Graham look good. Miles Bridges is starting to figure it out too.

You're looking through some really heavily tinted rose color glasses to think it's okay :p

To actually sub back in is just weird and 100% stat chasing. To try and break records when players are going through the motions is terribad.

Looks like you need some glasses. I never said it was ok, I said I understood it.

He was record chasing. Tad different from trying to grab a couple of extra boards for a triple double, which is meaningless. Records mean you’re etched in history until someone else can do.

No issue with the Jazz leaving in Gobert, Mitchell and Rubio after Booker was subbed out? To me, that’s worse than a guy subbing back in trying to crack a record.

How often does a guy go for 60? He subbed back in as he needed two baskets to do it, not like he needed 10 points in the last two mins. He wasn’t jacking either. 5/8 from 3 and 19/34 overall.

Snyder could have used it as an opportunity for his best defender to go 1 v 1 for a 2 min stretch.

No one watching the game would say they weren’t entertained when Booker hit a fade-away over 3 defenders.

I think you’re just upset that he outscored West Coast

Last edited:
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There's not exactly a bunch of great coaches sitting on the side line waiting for a job.

And, honestly, if you are a great coach, why would you want to coach LAL? Talk about pressure cooker stuff. And you might end up with a G-League team in two-three years after Magic trades all the youth away for LeBron.

Maybe Magic will give it another go :drunk:

Should be able to hold off the wizards from ehre
Suns v Wizards tonight for this poster. I’ll be holding up a sign that says “Go back to the old system Chief”.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
No issue with the Jazz leaving in Gobert, Mitchell and Rubio after Booker was subbed out? To me, that’s worse than a guy subbing back in trying to crack a record.

? What you are describing is normal. A winning team waits until the losing team throws in the towel before subbing out their star players shortly after. All 3 were off the court between 4-6 minutes to go in a 25 point game. That seems about right.

Also Mitchell was off the court at 5:24 (before Booker subbed out).

Booker subbing back in with 3 minutes to go in a 30 point game is unique. I can't remember the last time a star player did it.

How do you possibly think that "leaving in Gobert, Mitchell and Rubio after Booker was subbed out" is worse? It's pretty standard what happened there.

You said you weren't wearing "rose color glasses" before. I think you better check again :p

How often does a guy go for 60? He subbed back in as he needed two baskets to do it, not like he needed 10 points in the last two mins. He wasn’t jacking either. 5/8 from 3 and 19/34 overall.

Snyder could have used it as an opportunity for his best defender to go 1 v 1 for a 2 min stretch.

No one watching the game would say they weren’t entertained when Booker hit a fade-away over 3 defenders.

I'm not saying it's not entertaining. I said it was the worst kind of stat chasing. Much worse than Westbrook chasing a rebound. HE ACTUALLY CHECKED BACK INTO A GAME.

I would have loved Klay to come back into the game after he broke the all time 3 point record when there was still over a quarter to go. It would have been heaps of fun and Klay could have probably set a record that couldn't be broken (or at least very difficult).

I would have been cheering on. But I'd also recognize it as blatant stat chasing of the worse kind and not likened it to a team "waiting" until the 4-6 minute mark of the last quarter to sub out their starters in a 25 point game.

I think you’re just upset that he outscored West Coast

A VFL team could have outscored the Eagles on the weekend.

Last edited:
? What you are describing is normal. A winning team waits until the losing team throws in the towel before subbing out their star players shortly after. All 3 were off the court between 4-6 minutes to go in a 25 point game. That seems about right.

Also Mitchell was off the court at 5:24 (before Booker subbed out).

Booker subbing back in with 3 minutes to go in a 30 point game is unique. I can't remember the last time a star player did it.

How do you possibly think that "leaving in Gobert, Mitchell and Rubio after Booker was subbed out" is worse? It's pretty standard what happened there.

You said you weren't wearing "rose color glasses" before. I think you better check again :p

I'm not saying it's not entertaining. I said it was the worst kind of stat chasing. Much worse than Westbrook chasing a rebound. HE ACTUALLY CHECKED BACK INTO A GAME.

I would have loved Klay to come back into the game after he broke the all time 3 point record when there was still over a quarter to go. It would have been heaps of fun and Klay could have probably set a record that couldn't be broken (or at least very difficult).

I would have been cheering on. But I'd also recognize it as blatant stat chasing of the worse kind and not likened it to a team "waiting" until the 4-6 minute mark of the last quarter to sub out their starters in a 25 point game.

A VFL team could have outscored the Eagles on the weekend.

It’s not standard leaving stars in up 25, especially at home but whatever that doesn’t suit your narrative.

The difference here is that Booker is on a team that has been getting smashed most of the season and he’s been a shining light. He had to be talked into going back in, it was Jamal Crawford who suggested it.

I don’t get what the hullabaloo is all about. Is all of a sudden his 59 worth less because he subbed in? Would he have got greater endorsements by sitting on 56? You’re acting like he was an inefficient chucker. His first 3 touches when he came back in, he passed the ball. His 59 was the most efficient in history based on shooting metrics.

The Suns sucked in the 3 or so mins he was off the floor in the 4th and it was clear the Jazz weren’t easing up as they continued to ram it down the Suns’ throats.

Let the kid have some reward for his hard work it in what has been a rough season.

As for stat chasing of the worst kind, give me a spell. Save the over dramatic stuff for talkback radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back