Roast How does Damian Barrett still have AFL Media accreditation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
It gets explained over and over again, and some people just fail to take it in.

THE CLUB HAS TO SPEND A MINIMUM ON PLAYER SALARIES EVERY YEAR. If they don't spend it on Hannebery they will need to spend it on someone else.
I'll bet David Armitage is on s**t loads.

we should pay Dave more

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Houli copped a hamstring strain last week. The club allowed him to fly to NZ in support of the terrible events over there (as admirable as him wanting to support was) ...

BUT he now misses a week. Im tipping flying with a hammy strain wouldn't have helped it heal.

Now, being the balanced journo that he is I'm sure he will give the tigers a clip for allowing it.... right???

Can you imagine how he'd be if that was us...

McClure cops heaps from opp supporters, but in the 18 months I've been listening to him he always goes into bat for us.(even before Hanners joined)

It's always nice when an outsider goes into bat for us.

also had the first lethers interview... i think there's a working relationship there! which is why i always listen to what McClure says about the saints!

Houli copped a hamstring strain last week. The club allowed him to fly to NZ in support of the terrible events over there (as admirable as him wanting to support was) ...

BUT he now misses a week. Im tipping flying with a hammy strain wouldn't have helped it heal.

Now, being the balanced journo that he is I'm sure he will give the tigers a clip for allowing it.... right???

Can you imagine how he'd be if that was us...

You know he was using an aeroplane don't you ?

Seriously...what real difference do you think 3 hours in a slightly reduced pressure will do? ( and 3 hours back another day ).

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
He had medicals right?
Not just a run around the block and asked how he felt?
He had four

FOUR medicals.

The Saints medico's, which Sam McLure has said a number of times is recognised in the league as one of the best, determined that his body was banged up, and would take time to get him back to 100% fitness for AFL week in week out. They determined they could do it.

McLure basically said Schwartz was irresponsible for reporting absolute rubbish .

I know our club does indeed make some bad decisions. And yeah time will tell if Hanners is indeed a month or two away OR a write off for the year.
But seriously if anybody believed for 1 second that we didn't give him a medical at all just because David Swartz said so you gotta have rocks in your head.
And it shouldn't have taken Sam McClure to call him out for his bullshit to have your blood pressure drop again.
We aren't as incompetent as a lot of media hacks and some supporters want people to believe.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear a great man once sung.
If Swartz doesn't say something stupidly outrageous every now and then he is just another bland ex player on the radio.
He is the king of the muppets.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
I know our club does indeed make some bad decisions. And yeah time will tell if Hanners is indeed a month or two away OR a write off for the year.
But seriously if anybody believed for 1 second that we didn't give him a medical at all just because David Swartz said so you gotta have rocks in your head.
And it shouldn't have taken Sam McClure to call him out for his bullshit to have your blood pressure drop again.
We aren't as incompetent as a lot of media hacks and some supporters want people to believe.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear a great man once sung.
If Swartz doesn't say something stupidly outrageous every now and then he is just another bland ex player on the radio.
He is the king of the muppets.
How are you CMS at least the Storm looking ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are you CMS at least the Storm looking ok
What about big Suli's form so far.
images (2).jpeg

I think CursingFijian would have a crush on him.

Last edited:

Circus

Wise Veteran
Apr 19, 2012
Smithton
AFL Club
St Kilda
You Melbourne based footy fans have saturation coverage, most of it from second rate journos and ex-footy players. They are all chasing relevance and most have no shame with hyperbole, if not utter fantasy. But you don't have to take any of it seriously. The AFL love it and that's why footy is now "entertainment" not just sport.

There are some insightful, intelligent and preceptive commentators/journos/writers whose work is a pleasure to read or listen to. But there aren't many of them.

I stopped watching all football shows years ago and now occasionally only dip into the Front Bar but find Maher ruins what could be a much better experience. (Every footy team I was involved in had a hanger-onner like him.)

Now Barratt has only ever been a mutant form of grub, a parasite and a spoiler. Why would you expect him to change and, more importantly, how could he do it? Why would you even care? He has no admirable or redeeming qualities so leave him in the bin with Bolt, Jones, Hadley, Credlin, Devine and all the many other nutters. They aren't going to improve your life or wellbeing or happiness because that is not how they operate and not their motivation.

Ignore them, you don't need their noise, its disturbing. Be at peace brothers and sisters and focus on what matters - it sure ain't them!!

jwint43

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't actually mind Barrett on radio, he seems to be somewhat more balanced, and he can take a joke because he gets the piss taken out of him pretty regularly and laughs it off. But his writing is beyond amateur. How "Sliding Doors" is a featured article weekly boggles my mind, would take him about 5 mins to come up with that crap.

Gringo posted this the other day. Have a listen..,
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/time-on/

March 26, around the 4 min mark after the talk about Carlton.

Just had a listen...….it was the first time that I'd heard both of them on the Hanner's subject.

Sharwtz's comments/accusations were damning to say the least especially when they were he said....confirmed by a "couple of people" at St.Kilda.

His comments/accusations in isolation would make anyone think the club is an completely incompetent rabble.

They were VERY strong accusations.

Then to hear Sam McLure just bat them away with calm concise answers was very very refreshing.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
You know he was using an aeroplane don't you ?

Seriously...what real difference do you think 3 hours in a slightly reduced pressure will do? ( and 3 hours back another day ).

It's not about how much damage flying in a plane for 3 hours may or may not do. I am no expert so i refuse to comment on that (though i did hear Rich quoted somehwere that it "wasn't ideal" that he flew so maybe there is something in it)

What my post was about is the hypocrisy in how Rich get nothing for allowing an injured player to travel, possibly exacerbating an injury (?) Vs how that story would have been reported had the club been ours.

StJHD

Team Captain
Nov 29, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Soup tell me he had decent medicals
Not trained the house down for a month

Put me at ease soup
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-28/barrett-is-essendon-facing-a-leadership-crisis

Right on cue!

Saw this coming as soon as rd 1 finished, classic Fire Up The Opposition play.

I hope he just keeps going because he is going to eventually be exposed as bitter and conflicted.
After bagging the druggies, he couldn't resist a quip about how StK are 'equally troubled'. Not just also troubled, but our problems are equal. After 2 X JLTs and Rd1 I would suggest this is a bit of a stretch based on performance to date.

Back