List Mgmt. Traded Future Draft Pick Watch (Lions 1st Rnd '19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo, Collingwood and Beams trapped us. Can't remember the exact details but we managed to get ourselves out of it by swapping our 1st rounder for some of your picks and then used those picks to give to Freo for Neale iirc.

Was really a genius move by Noble to separate the Neale & Beams trades which allowed us to get 2 first rounders for Beams

Not many easy games in the modern AFL.
Last year the Crows won 12 games and ended up in 12th.

Suspect there will be a fine line between 7th (pick 12) and 15th (pick 4).

Fingers crossed we get some luck this year, and the fine line works in our favour and against the Lions.

As an ex-Fitzroy member, the Bears can get stuffed for stealing our colours, mascot, and club song.

All you Brisbane fans please sit back and imagine a world with those awful colours, a cartoon mascot and whatever abomination of a song that was. Plus no Jono Brown. That takeover was daylight robbery!

I am hoping for pick 4.

Realistically it will probably be around Pick 5-8.

Closer to pick 8. Perhaps 9 or 10.

I didn't see it as a joke....I think it was just briztoon posting the weekly update.....
You blokes win this week it might go to 17-18.....lose and it might drop to 13-16.....:think:

Yes at present it would be pick 16. No one expects us to be top 4

I didn't see it as a joke....I think it was just briztoon posting the weekly update.....
You blokes win this week it might go to 17-18.....lose and it might drop to 13-16.....:think:
Yes but he and everyone else doesn't actually believe we are going to be in the top 4. Your probably right, it is just a weekly update, l think Jen poster misunderstood and thought that was what Briztoon thought we would be at the end of the year.

Yes but he and everyone else doesn't actually believe we are going to be in the top 4. Your probably right, it is just a weekly update, l think Jen poster misunderstood and thought that was what Briztoon thought we would be at the end of the year.
Yes, my bad. Totally misunderstood. Hard to know what people imply sometimes.

Yup, was just mentioning what pick the Lions pick was, as of this week.

Jen2310 I'm usually a pretty straight up guy. I generally don't take the p!ss unless some one is a good mate, or if the person is an obvious troll.

I will poke fun sometimes, and this was sort of in that vain, but I also thought, I'd on a serious note, start posting each week what pick number the Lions pick is.

So all in all, not taking the p!ss, and having a bit of fun while keeping it real at the same time.

Realistically it will probably be around Pick 5-8.
Earlier in the year on here the Suns board, I said expect us to finish somewhere between 13th and 11th, maybe as high as 9th if we have a very good year.

I tell you what though, after the Eagles game, us Lions supporters are up and about. We'll see where we're at after the Port game, and the Collywobbles game. If we're 3 and 2, I might, just might start talking finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier in the year on here the Suns board, I said expect us to finish somewhere between 13th and 11th, maybe as high as 9th if we have a very good year.

I tell you what though, after the Eagles game, us Lions supporters are up and about. We'll see where we're at after the Port game, and the Collywobbles game. If we're 3 and 2, I might, just might start talking finals.
I honestly think Brisbane will struggle against North , North let the media get into their head that Fremantle is an easy team to beat in Perth .

I honestly think Brisbane will struggle against North , North let the media get into their head that Fremantle is an easy team to beat in Perth .
North at Marvel Stadium has always been a bogey team.

As was mentioned in a thread on the Lions board, I hope the Lions banner whenever we play at Marvel Stadium is "Lions SMASH".

in 2016, we won the first 3 games of the year and we were all loving life, expecting a decent finish on the ladder. ended up winning only 3 more games for the rest of the year finishing 15th. it's nice to assume where abouts you're going to finish at the end of the year after one game, but in reality it takes a couple months to figure out where your season is headed.

All clubs should beg to give us there first rounder,

Last year, Eagles picked to finish bottom 6 but win the flag

Now, Lions undefeated

We stuffed up with the Eagles last year. Got to do better this year, so it is time for a reverse jinx.

We all need to get on board the Lions full time and hope they win the flag!
Can we change the title of this thread to "How good are the Lions going?"

Go Lions, Brisbane Lions
Kick the Winning Score
Hear the Suns Mighty Roar!

I mean, how good are they?

Neale the favourite for the Brownlow.
Harris and Charlie for AA.
Zorko is a good bloke, always has been!
The Big O, go you good thing.
All those young players coming good at once.
And that medical staff? Outstanding, just outstanding.
Top 2 for mine, clearly. The Grand Final awaits.

Go Lions!

in 2016, we won the first 3 games of the year and we were all loving life, expecting a decent finish on the ladder. ended up winning only 3 more games for the rest of the year finishing 15th. it's nice to assume where abouts you're going to finish at the end of the year after one game, but in reality it takes a couple months to figure out where your season is headed.
To be honest I couldn't care if we didn't win another game for the season, as long as the team is actually competing. I don't want to see us get blown away by 100 points each week in the second half of the season

Don't get too obsessed with top 10 pick , get players that want to play for you and have good attitude ..

To be honest I couldn't care if we didn't win another game for the season, as long as the team is actually competing. I don't want to see us get blown away by 100 points each week in the second half of the season
That's very similar to the attitude many of us Lions fans had last year. Of course we wanted some wins, but we were happy with the improvement we could see from the team. We focused on winning quarters and the development of the younger players.

With our trade ins over the summer, the focus has shifted somewhat from player development, to actually winning games now.

I'm not sure yet if we are finals team yet, but we're going to give it a nudge.

That's very similar to the attitude many of us Lions fans had last year. Of course we wanted some wins, but we were happy with the improvement we could see from the team. We focused on winning quarters and the development of the younger players.

With our trade ins over the summer, the focus has shifted somewhat from player development, to actually winning games now.

I'm not sure yet if we are finals team yet, but we're going to give it a nudge.
You did build your core youngsters nicely ,
Pick 3 Hugh McCluggage
Pick 17 Jarrod Berry
Pick 23 Alex Witherden
Pick 24 Cedric Cox ( NeAFL )
Pick 1Cameron Rayner
pick15 Zac Bailey
Pick 18 Brandon Starcevich ( NeAFL )
Pick 21 Ely Smith ( NeAFL )
Pick 36 Tom Berry ( NEAFL )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back