Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's with all these 2 year extensions? 2020/21 is going to be very stressful again.

Glad he has re-signed anyway, is that all now?
Funny you say that but with a list of 45 or so shouldn’t there be each year 15 to 20 players up for contract anyway?

Funny you say that but with a list of 45 or so shouldn’t there be each year 15 to 20 players up for contract anyway?
With at least 8-10 changes per year (this year might be the exception), wouldn't it make more sense to stagger? Especially since we have at least 7 players on longer terms? Pendles, Treloar, Wells, Sidebottom, Howe, Wells, Mayne just at the top of my head.
Then there would be a 2 0r 3 on 1 year contracts.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
With at least 8-10 changes per year (this year might be the exception), wouldn't it make more sense to stagger? Especially since we have at least 7 players on longer terms? Pendles, Treloar, Wells, Sidebottom, Howe, Wells, Mayne just at the top of my head.
Then there would be a 2 0r 3 on 1 year contracts.
You’re right ofcourse but the numbers say usually there’s s nice group that need that year to renew.
So we have angst.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's with all these 2 year extensions? 2020/21 is going to be very stressful again.

Glad he has re-signed anyway, is that all now?

I think it's the established better quality players who generally get signed to longer so maybe it says something about the evenness and relative youth of our core group that we're signing these bridging contracts for the emerging talent and short term stop gap contracts for the depth guys.

I think it's the established better quality players who generally get signed to longer so maybe it says something about the evenness and relative youth of our core group that we're signing these bridging contracts for the emerging talent and short term stop gap contracts for the depth guys.
Yes I can see that but it concerns me that within the group we have players like Grundy, JDG, Moore (if stays fit and lives up to potential), Stepho, Sier, Maynard and maybe a couple of others due around that time. Anyway, I suppose they know better than me what they are doing. I hope!

dirts

Team Captain
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not often I will bump an old thread, but for me tonight was the best game he has played in the black and white.

Presented well all night and had an impact against a quality team.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really did the business today.

I thought he just needed that bit more last week, but tonight he was back to his Mihocek excellence.

How to you Sir.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
After a quiet JLT series and average round 1 game im really glad Mihocek has bounced back

Back