Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The lustre of AO is starting to wear off and this can be directly attributed to the SMA's greed. Their price gouging, their insatiable appetite to squeeze every cent out of the rank and file punter, their card only payment system, ever decreasing choice and diminishing service standards is turning people away. They are slowly but surely killing the golden goose and destroying the goodwill the people of SA have towards the place.

At the time the SMA was formed, I thought it was great that football/cricket people would be running the oval and not some professional venue management group (ala Optus Stadium, Docklands until a few years ago etc), so we wouldn't have the issues the Docklands tenants had.

For the SMA to be that incompetent that they make professional venue management groups look good really says something.

Mind you, look at who's running the SMA.

How can Cannel 7 not know that the southern end of AO is the RIVER END, not the "City End"? Only been that way forever.

How can Cannel 7 not know that the southern end of AO is the RIVER END, not the "City End"? Only been that way forever.
I thought it was the city end until the development?
Only been the last 5 years they started calling it the river end?

But let me guess, they also ****ed up cathedral end?

Always been the River End. The old Chappel Stands even had the kiosks at either end named the Cathedral (southern end) and River (northern end).

Nope it's always been the River End. Back in the old days of just the centre members' pavillion and until they built the Creswell Stand at the southern end you would have been able to see the banks from the ground and if you got it right you could lose the ball into the drink.

Pre the redevelopment it was always referred to as either the River Torrens End, or River End for short.

The Riverbank Stand was supposed to be named the Torrens Stand and they actually put up some plaques/ billboards or whatever you call them, with the words Torrens Stand up at AO about 3 or 4 weeks before the Dec 2013 test against the Poms, but 2 weeks before the test the government named it the Riverbank Stand as they had plans to redevelop the whole of the southern end of the River Torrens from Festival Plaza to the Morphett St. They wanted to promote the Riverbank precinct like South Bank in Brisbane and Southbank in Melbourne. Once the change happened, they covered up those plaques/ billboards. They didnt actually put up the lettering on the stand until February 2014.

Still disappoints me that the team names on the scoreboard aren't in team colours like for international/state cricket. Would be good to have them up the top but even where they are - use some colour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McArthur Recruitment, who provide staff for Ticketek at the ground, directed staff to tell indigenous people a game was sold out when it really wasn’t.

The incident took place during a curtain raiser between two indigenous teams.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...ff-discrimination-claims/10948084?pfmredir=sm
Disgraceful.

Responsible person merely stood down for two weeks. They should be sacked, named and shamed.

To turn away patrons based on the colour of their skin is horid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's a bit hard when it's heritage listed. So unless it gets irreparably damaged it's not going anywhere.
If the trees die it will not be from lack of trying to save them, but trees die sometimes.

Maybe a dying tree falls onto the scoreboard?

Or... as the scoreboard has already been moved... maybe it can be incorporated somehow into a new stand, or between stands ect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back