FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
Tigers past 3 games have shown that they are a shadow of the team that dominated 2017 and most of 2018

Prelim- they were absolutely destroyed- anyone who had been paying close attention to the Tigers games, wouldn't have seen this as too big a surprise- they had been unimpressive for the majority in the weeks leading into this.

Round 1- Came out firing as expected as it was first chance to atone for pantsing in prelim- given a dream run form umps and shot to 5 goal lead. Young blues team absolutely dominated q 2 and 3, before running out of legs.

Last night- they were exposed as soft and lacking depth. Confidence has gone, a couple of key injuries and their soft underbelly and lack of depth/class on show for all to see. That was a 15 goal shellacking wrapped up in a 7 goal loss. Pies absolutely destroyed them.

With Jack Reiwoldt looking likely to have done something to his wrist and Tigers having a one paced midfield (apart from Edwards), an ordinary backline and a few younguns who look lost without the protection of the big boys - I predict Tigers will not make the 8.

It's a very tight comp and I fear the rest of the comp has figured out the Tigers and most have better lists.

Thoughts?

The problem i feel is that the Tigers were never a highly skilled side, but that didn't matter as their pressure was ferocious. The attack at the ball was constant, in all areas of the ground.
Now the pressure has really dropped off, as evident by only having 30 odd tackles last night, despite having far less of the ball. Without the pressure, their poor skills have become evident again.

Dusty looks like he is content with his career, and now he is happy to relax and collect his big $. He has had one tackle in total in his last three games. That is disgustingly poor.

Last edited:

I think collingwood is just a bad match up for them. Their spread from the contest which is an advantage against most sides doesn't work on collingwood because they have more running power so collingwood actually beats them to the outside so they can't move the ball.

and as much as they got annihilated in general play last night the were in the game until the last quarter. I think they'll still do enough to win plenty of games but collingwood clearly gone past them as the team to beat. i mean you know your team is flying when mayne's getting 33 touches

The problem i feel is that the Tigers were never a highly skilled side, but that didn't matter as their pressure was ferocious. The attack at the ball was constant, in all areas of the ground.
Now the pressure has really dropped off, as evident by only having 320 odd tackles last night, despite having far less of the ball. Without the pressure, their poor skills have become evident again.

Dusty looks like he is content with his career, and now he is happy to relax and collect his big $. He has had one tackle in total in his last three games. That is disgustingly poor.

Yep, I was as relieved when we missed on Dusty as I was gutted when we missed on Kelly that year. 2017 was a year out of the box for Dusty, it all came together for him.

Just looks disinterested now - if he can't get the showy "superstar" effort, doesn't want it. Levi took him to the cleaners last night.

Now the pressure has really dropped off, as evident by only having 320 odd tackles last night, despite having far less of the ball. Without the pressure, their poor skills have become evident again.

Agree 100%
game was based on manic pressure- confidence they could beat anyone.
I feel they now know they are invincible- and have lost their tenacity- which i feel was their point of difference.
They dont seem to be playing as a unified group- which was their trademark

I knew the new rule changes would see us struggle but the team definately misses Rance,a very un Richmond like performance,looks like we will be near -200 again for free kick differential,it must be frustrating not being rewarded for a whole match but the umpires only mirror society,I mean when we had that long string of games won early last year,that’s when “the state of the game” surfaced and rules were changed to stop the Richmond juggernaut.

That is my opinion only,I know Hardwick and the playing group to take responsibility for the poor performance,our running and tackling was down,a few players just going through the motions and we have now copped some injuries to elite players,very key players.

We have had a few similar games last year like the game against Adelaide and the performance against West Coast.

Still 1 and 1,an average start but we move on.

An average night all round,a terrible crowd no doubt because of the Thursday night timeslot and the public transport hiccups,the atmosphere was down.

Collingwood deserved the win,we just have to dust ourselves off and move on,lick our Tiger paws.

Last edited:

I wish we had 320 tackles

I knew the new rule changes would see us struggle but the team definately misses Rance,a very un Richmond like performance,looks like we will be near -200 again for free kick differential,it must be frustrating not being rewarded for a whole match but the umpires only mirror society,I mean when we had that long string of games won early last year,that’s whrn “the state of the game” surfaced and rules were changed to stop the Richmond juggernaut.

i think you're in denial

a team that has that little of teh ball and allows opposition such possession dominance will always give up more frees. Umps were bad both ways

Rules of the game comment is a little paranoid- really should help you with your midfield grunt and Tom Lynch/JR combo.

A good workman never blames their tools ;)

Rance would have been exposed, along with many other loose defenders in all teams, enormously last night, even more so than in the prelim.

After top 6- your list is ordinary- short, soft and slow

I knew the new rule changes would see us struggle but the team definately misses Rance,a very un Richmond like performance,looks like we will be near -200 again for free kick differential,it must be frustrating not being rewarded for a whole match but the umpires only mirror society,I mean when we had that long string of games won early last year,that’s when “the state of the game” surfaced and rules were changed to stop the Richmond juggernaut.

T
Lol....so typical, the umps, it's All their fault...the rules changed because of richmond....NOT.
No Rance, no chance.

T

Oh dear Jesus, sad and hilarious in equal measure.

They change the rules every bloody year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of things - Dustin Martin sadly has really fallen off a cliff (compared to his brilliant 2017 season, which to be fair, was one of the very best and blistering individual season' s by a player we have ever seen) and two, there a couple of ordinary players in Richmond's 22 last who are being exposed as battlers/not very good at all (Castagna being the prime example)

Hardwick also made a boo boo blaming Balta.

To be fair, The Pies were brilliant last night, I honestly don't think any team would have beaten them last night in that form, I think Collingwood are well and truly now the Victorian favourite to win the flag (sadly)

Still a very dangerous forwardline, and the absence of Caddy is noticeable at the moment. They have only lost to Collingwood though, who have comfortably the best midfield in the comp and one of the few capable of beating them.

Keen to see how they go against Geelong and GWS.

They were two goals down early in the last quarter. About half way through it was 18 points. They've been beaten by a great side, a side who lost the Grand Final by 5 points.

Rance injured
Houli injured
Riewoldt { Missed a lot of this game }

All missing. Richmond are a good side and judging them off last night's game and the Prelim is a David King way of thinking.

******* idiotic.

That is my opinion only,I know Hardwick and the playing group to take responsibility for the poor performance,our running and tackling was down,a few players just going through the motions and we have now copped some injuries to elite players,very key players.

We have had a few similar games last year like the game against Adelaide and the performance against West Coast.

Still 1 and 1,an average start but we move on.

An average night all round,a terrible crowd no doubt because of the Thursday night timeslot and the public transport hiccups,the atmosphere was down.

Collingwood deserved the win,we just have to dust ourselves off and move on,lick our Tiger paws.

The Richmond juggernaut?

The one that had swept all before it for a 1 consecutive season?

Classic.

Brisbane didn’t need the rules changed. Geelong have basically been in the top 4 for 12 years, Hawthorn same.
They don’t get a rule change.
But a team who’s success is more celebrated than all 3 gets on a roll for a year and all hell breaks loose so the AFL has to stop them....

Richmond were never really that good. Skills were bad and their manic pressure chaos hack kick forward style relies too much on luck of the bounce and is not sustainable. Collingwood chopped them up with skilled precision short kicks last night.

Happy to sit back and see what happens, definitely not writing off a team after one bad game. I reckon they play a pretty good brand of footy and the game only blew out late last night. They are a good side and I expect they will bounce back strongly.

They were two goals down early in the last quarter. About half way through it was 18 points. They've been beaten by a great side, a side who lost the Grand Final by 5 points.

Rance injured
Houli injured
Riewoldt { Missed a lot of this game }

All missing. Richmond are a good side and judging them off last night's game and the Prelim is a David King way of thinking.

******* idiotic.
Collingwood kept them in it through some poor play- similar to your guys last week.
I think Jimmy BArtel said that the last quarter showed the scoreboard started to reflect collingwoods dominance- If you just wtached the game and ignored the score board- Tigers were nowhere near it.

FWIW pies had- Adams, Hoskin-Elliot, Reid, Scharenberg, Dunn and Wells missing through injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back