Preview Round 2: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle - B̶r̶a̶d̶ ̶L̶l̶o̶y̶d̶ Peter "Feather in my cap" Bell Tribute Match

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hope somebody gives Weller a brutal bump and ruins his hairstyle!

Feeling ok about this one but seeing as it’s Freo I am prepared for anything.

Go well Hoges!

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone else got that sinking feeling that good ol' Freo will do a good ol' Freo thing and drop a game against a lowly side that we are expected to win handsomely against, that also have key players missing with injury.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Came over for a bit of banter and to see how you guys thought the game might go but reading the thread it’s clear there is zero respect for my club so I won’t waste my time.
Good luck and welcome to any Freo fans making the journey, here’s hoping for no injuries

Apr 22, 2010
Martin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Came over for a bit of banter and to see how you guys thought the game might go but reading the thread it’s clear there is zero respect for my club so I won’t waste my time.
Good luck and welcome to any Freo fans making the journey, here’s hoping for no injuries

If your after some respect for your club - choose another club.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle

And yet here you are, wasting your time.

Welcome.

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle

Well Goldy are my 2nd team so I'm hoping to see some better play by the Suns this year but respect in footy is earned on the field , look at us 25 years and still looked down on by the majority of the comp

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
We shouldn't lose this game but the playing away thing is always an unknown with a young team. Not confirmed yet (Sunday games need to cut 4 off their benches first) but we are likely to have the second youngest and second least experienced team of the round. Good news for us is Gold Coast will almost certainly have the youngest and least experienced.

People carrying on about the young teams of Brisbane and Port Adelaide but their teams aren't that young comparatively. Like West Coast last year they are carrying a few youngsters but the majority of their teams are experienced players. Port has 8 players over 150 games. Brisbane has 5. We have 2. Hawthorn has 11! The correlation between winning and experience is huge. If you can win against far more experienced teams that's a really good sign. As much as our last few seasons have sucked I don't recall us losing to a team less experienced than us on the day in those seasons. It's even harder to beat a more experienced team away (especially with a very young team) and last year we played all the most experienced teams away - hence a reason we'd get thumped in away games.

tl;dr - we'll have a much better team out on the park, we should win this unless our pressure from last week drops off completely.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers

Your club is poorly run and has been mostly uncompetitive in your short history. When/if the tide turns (and I hope it does since I like the Suns) then you'll start getting respect. We've been dealing with exactly the same for the better part of 25 years so I do empathise with your fans.

Welcome to the reality of supporting a club that has won 44 out of 177 games (25%) at a percentage of 72.89 with 96x 100+ point scored against (54%).

Now Freo isn't exactly glowing either..
241 wins out of 544 games (44.39%) at a percentage of 92.48 with 216x 100+ point scored against (39.7%).

So stats wise;
Gold Coast is a 25% chance to win and a greater than 50% chance to get 100 or more kicked against.

Fremantle is a 44% chance to win and a 40% chance to have 100 or more scored against.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Trust us, it was the same for us when we first started. Respect comes when you get the winning as a tradition. Takes time.
Good luck for Sunday

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I mean to be honest I didn't think it was all that disrespectful. About the level of arrogance you'd expect on another teams board after they just handed an 82 point flogging to North Melbourne without their best key forward, coming up against the team that lost by a point to St Kilda.

Keen to see how we perform at Metricon. Always a bit more dangerous there and by the looks of it, playing you guys seems like it will be a better judge of where we are at than last week. Reckon it will be a really solid game for first half or 3/4 but you'll run away with it by 20 - 30 points in the end. Your top end talent in 2019 is scary - and by that I mean basically just Fyfe
Welcome to the reality of supporting a club that has won 44 out of 177 games (25%) at a percentage of 72.89 with 96x 100+ point defeats (54%).

Now Freo isn't exactly glowing either..
241 wins out of 544 games (44.39%) at a percentage of 92.48 with 216x 100+ point defeats (39.7%).

So stats wise;
Gold Coast is a 25% chance to win and a greater than 50% chance to get beaten by 100 or more.

Fremantle is a 44% chance to win and a 40% chance to get beaten by 100 or more.
There is no way that stat is correct :drunk: think you mean that the opposition scores 100 points

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hate the polymer plastic gold coast with a passion, but the Karmiachael Hunt after the siren goal against Richmond is still one of the greatest non Freo footy things I have ever seen.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Fair to say you didn't help matters!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Your club is poorly run and has been mostly uncompetitive in your short history. When/if the tide turns (and I hope it does since I like the Suns) then you'll start getting respect. We've been dealing with exactly the same for the better part of 25 years so I do empathise with your fans.
I suppose this is why I was expecting more of a brotherhood

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I disagree that we are poorly run, I think that was true in the past but this is no longer the case

Back