Preview Round 2: Gold Coast Vs Fremantle - B̶r̶a̶d̶ ̶L̶l̶o̶y̶d̶ Peter "Feather in my cap" Bell Tribute Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Came over for a bit of banter and to see how you guys thought the game might go but reading the thread it’s clear there is zero respect for my club so I won’t waste my time.
Good luck and welcome to any Freo fans making the journey, here’s hoping for no injuries

The ridiculous preview threads are a rich tradition on our board. Don't take it to heart.

I think you'll find most level-headed posters are still very cautious about this one and don't think it'll be a matter of just turning up and walking away with the 4 points. Every AFL team demands a measure of respect.

Could someone please advise as too who got on the plane to Metricon ?, the Freo Footy team or the Freo Theatre Group ?.

We have had problems over the last couple of seasons, with the Theatre Group regularly sneaking onto the plane.

If I know who got on the plane, it will help my tipping.

Been a reader of these forums for about a year and finally decided to join. Looking forward to the game on Sunday and hoping for a big game from Hogan. Freo by 67.
Welcome aboard the slippery slope that is the life of a BigFooty poster.

BTW, cracking name and i'm surprised nobody else thought of that one yet :thumbsu:

Nice to see Gold Coast supporters wanting a bit of banter and a discussion about the upcoming game.
Good luck guys, I think you’re in a for a bit of a belting though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weather looks great on Sunday. 27 with light winds.
Saturday however, is expecting 25ml and thunder storms.
Could be a bit boggy under foot but the ball should still be markable.

I watched the first half of the Saints and Gold Coast mid-week. Like our game against North, I think it is best put into perspective if one considers the level of the opposition, but I thought Gold Coast's midfield movement of the ball was fairly fast and accurate although they did take the ball wide quite a bit. Their forward line looked dangerous as well both in the air and crumbing. I think their weakness will be their backline and I expect that we will get a few marks in there early, but if we don't convert those chances I reckon we will be in for a struggle. The key will be pyschological ascendancy.

I watched the first half of the Saints and Gold Coast mid-week. Like our game against North, I think it is best put into perspective if one considers the level of the opposition, but I thought Gold Coast's midfield movement of the ball was fairly fast and accurate although they did take the ball wide quite a bit. Their forward line looked dangerous as well both in the air and crumbing. I think their weakness will be their backline and I expect that we will get a few marks in there early, but if we don't convert those chances I reckon we will be in for a struggle. The key will be pyschological ascendancy.

It should be a good contest. We’ll no doubt be confident after last week but they too will take some out of their effort to match the Saints away from home. You’re dead right though, we’re talking about sides (us, GC, Saints) that are expected to finish well and truly in the bottom half of the ladder by most “experts”, and I for one think North should have been, and will ultimately end up down among the bottom handful too.

I think we’re the better team and should come away with the win though.

Away game at home.

If Freo play like they did last week, yes. If they drop intensity at all, or if the forwards don’t get separation, it could go pear shaped fairly quickly.

Bigger test than people are saying.

If Gold Coast are a bigger test than I think then we are in trouble and Ross Lyon will be looking for a new job at the end of the season.

A team at our stage of rebuilding should easily account for Gold Coast.

If Gold Coast are a bigger test than I think then we are in trouble and Ross Lyon will be looking for a new job at the end of the season.

I think I read about two dozen comments on the North board last week saying that about us

True. Most had GC bottom two with plenty picking them for the spoon. We have the better list by far and we’re in form. Regardless of where it is, we should beat teams like this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back