List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Status
Not open for further replies.

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Harrison Pepper named on half forward for Gippsland, playing Murray Bushrangers tomorrow.

Fin Maginness named as rover for Sandringham playing Calder on Sunday.

Todd Garner named on HBF for Eastern Ranges in their game against Oakleigh on Sunday. Excitingly, 2020 NGA player Salele Feagaimalii is also named as ruck rover.

F/S Tom Graham at full forward for Oakleigh.

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Harrison Pepper named on half forward for Gippsland, playing Murray Bushrangers tomorrow.

Todd Garner named on HBF for Eastern Ranges in their game against Oakleigh on Sunday. Excitingly, 2020 NGA player Salele Feagaimalii is also named as ruck rover.

Thanks Stemline. So much of your work goes unnoticed. I for one appreciate your input. The same goes for Roddy 27.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

i believe Conor Downie is also a 2020 NGA prospect playing off the other half back flank for Eastern Ranges

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Thanks heaps mate!

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i believe the best 2019 NGA we have atm is Harrison Pepper(rookie), i remember seeing him play pretty well in his under-age year last year, 1 to look out for in this years draft pool imo. Finn Maginness(2nd round) is our best F/S candidate since Josh Kennedy, again my opinion.

im keen to see more of Todd Garner, Tom Graham and Toussaint though.

Last edited:
i believe the best 2019 NGA we have atm is Harrison Pepper(rookie), i remember seeing him play pretty well in his under-age year last year, 1 to look out for in this years draft pool imo. Finn Maginness(2nd round) is our best F/S candidate since Josh Kennedy, again my opinion.

im keen to see more of Todd Garner, Tom Graham and Toussaint though.
Thanks Davo.

Nice to hear good things about Finn again. There were high hopes 2-3 years ago and then suddenly expectations lowered. Hoping he can continue to develop

Thanks Davo.

Nice to hear good things about Finn again. There were high hopes 2-3 years ago and then suddenly expectations lowered. Hoping he can continue to develop
There’s some thoughts that he will build into this year and cost a 1st rounder.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
ok so my thoughts on seeing our guys run around is that we have a heap of talent in our NGA for the next 2 years.

Harrison Pepper(Gipps) 180cm 83kg - kicked 2 goals including the match winner in a tight hard fought game where Gippsland won by 3 points, looked good all game when he went near the ball (late draft/rookie)

Todd Garner(East) 186cm 84kg - played in a losing team for Eastern, he is an aggressive running half back, loves to tackle and can kick well (rookie)

then for 2020 we have 2 interesting prospects:

Connor Downie(East) 183cm 81kg - similar to Garner, running defender, looked comfortable at the level in his underage year, good frst game effort, i have some faith he might be an option for us to pickup in 2020

Salele Feagaimalii(East) 186cm 99kg - he is a big guy, his first half was really strong although his kicking needs a lot of work, he is a bull on the inside and his deft handballs were handy, he is a big question mark atm, but he puts in a good effort.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
ok so my thoughts on seeing our guys run around is that we have a heap of talent in our NGA for the next 2 years.

Harrison Pepper(Gipps) 180cm 83kg - kicked 2 goals including the match winner in a tight hard fought game where Gippsland won by 3 points, looked good all game when he went near the ball (late draft/rookie)

Todd Garner(East) 186cm 84kg - played in a losing team for Eastern, he is an aggressive running half back, loves to tackle and can kick well (rookie)

then for 2020 we have 2 interesting prospects:

Connor Downie(East) 183cm 81kg - similar to Garner, running defender, looked comfortable at the level in his underage year, good frst game effort, i have some faith he might be an option for us to pickup in 2020

Salele Feagaimalii(East) 186cm 99kg - he is a big guy, his first half was really strong although his kicking needs a lot of work, he is a bull on the inside and his deft handballs were handy, he is a big question mark atm, but he puts in a good effort.
On salele I got the opposite impression about his kicking, watching live I thought it was his best asset he gets some real penetration and every kick sounded great of the boot, had one opposite foot kick that went straight to the opposition but how he kicked it so low and with such penetration is a feat all on its own haha

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
On salele I got the opposite impression about his kicking, watching live I thought it was his best asset he gets some real penetration and every kick sounded great of the boot, had one opposite foot kick that went straight to the opposition but how he kicked it so low and with such penetration is a feat all on its own haha

he was pretty good at times, i was impressed with all 3 NGA's in that game, they all seemed to do well in different ways, im happy with their efforts so far.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey all silly question, why is Todd Garner part of our NGA but Joel Garner wasn't?

Did it have anything to do with his age at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back