Pakistan v Australia 5 ODIs

Dayan Warna

Senior List
Nov 25, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Finch has hit a purple patch in his career.
Let him bat in everything including the ashes till its spent

Hes even bowling tidily

I doubt he will hit this form ever again once its gone

Finch has hit a purple patch in his career.
Let him bat in everything including the ashes till its spent

Hes even bowling tidily

I doubt he will hit this form ever again once its gone

Not in a test match again! That was the single worst selection in our history and boy we've had some bad ones.

No it wasn’t, he was the teams best batsman in his first series so it is not a poor decision let alone worst in history

That's the easiest time to bat in Pakistan....in Australia, we saw how bad the call was.

I'm over (and hopefully the selectors are) using ODI form to pick test players. It very rarely works.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
That's the easiest time to bat in Pakistan....in Australia, we saw how bad the call was.

I'm over (and hopefully the selectors are) using ODI form to pick test players. It very rarely works.

Lol, they picked him for a reason and it worked, the fact the no3 and 4 were shithouse doesn’t make it easy to open, impossible to bat after. When your no3 averages 3.5 and an opener averages over 45, it’s not because the pitch becomes a minefield when the opener got out.

That and the fact Renshaw has been found out meant they had no choice but to pick him v India

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Not that you want a hot streak to end but losing Finch early isn’t the worst thing. We need to see who else can stand up before the World Cup.

Khawaja could graft a good innings here or maybe Maxwell can build on his touch from the last match.

Nel_cats

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
IMO I think we play Khawaja as an opener or nothing. Clearly his best performing position and has time to put together an innings.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Stoinis is just another who had a good start to international cricket but has been quickly worked out.

Average domestic player who will continue to struggle at this level. Mitch Marsh has proven he's solid in ODIs and is actually suited to playing in the lower/middle order, I'd much prefer him at least until Turner gets back to bowling.

And Khawaja falls to spin, who would've thought.

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Big moment for Maxwell. 15 overs to go, team in a bit of trouble. These are the innings where we need him to bat to the 50th over and get a decent total on the board. If he can’t be that player, I’m not sure how big of a part he can be in this team.

Two games in a row Maxwell has stood up in the position we need him to. Got away with a couple of chances but it’s about making it count. More good signs for the World Cup.

Back