Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I’m assuming it was done with his permission - if he was looking to walk out at the end of the year, why would he put his name to a 4 year $400,000 program?
Hmmmmm....

More than 3000 multicultural students across 20 schools in Western Sydney will get closer to the GIANTS than ever before thanks to a new community program named after two of the club’s stars.
The Stephen Coniglio-Amanda Farrugia Community Program is made possible thanks to a $400,000 commitment over four years from the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I’m assuming it was done with his permission - if he was looking to walk out at the end of the year, why would he put his name to a 4 year $400,000 program?
Hmmmmm....

More than 3000 multicultural students across 20 schools in Western Sydney will get closer to the GIANTS than ever before thanks to a new community program named after two of the club’s stars.
The Stephen Coniglio-Amanda Farrugia Community Program is made possible thanks to a $400,000 commitment over four years from the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government.
Would hope so.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Thought something might have been announced on any contracts today even if it was a minor one it would have been good to have something but maybe something will be announced leading into the next home game. I think some will be waiting till they play in the first half of the season to maximise the potential salary they are on so not too worried but some contract extensions for the new draftees or Flynn would be some good news
List below
Coniglio
Kelly
Himmelburg
Hopper
Tomlinson
Buntine
De Boer
Flynn

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Article about a week old but certainly sounds promising with Tomlinson.
"One great thing for me is there's a lot more talk about Josh Kelly and Steve Coniglio, so I sort of fly under the radar," Tomlinson told the Herald when asked about his future. "There's nothing to worry about. I love playing footy at this club, I absolutely love the boys here. I think (Coniglio and Kelly) are in a similar boat - they love the lifestyle we get to live in Sydney. You don't know exactly what they're thinking but right now, from everything on the outside, we're pretty confident that they'll be here."
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ts-will-deal-with-exodus-20190319-p515il.html

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
Gee I wonder what we will do with pick 1 ;)

Matt Rowell would be lovely!

The bloke we need to put all our efforts into is Lachie Whitfield. He comes off end of next year but I believe will establish himself as the best player in the comp by then.

He has everything and more than any other player (including Cogs) his consistency of effort is unmatched.

I would fair dinkum give him a blank cheque, he is that good. He put on a masterclass yesterday and get used to it, this is his benchmark for the future.

Teeso

All Australian
Jan 8, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Gee I wonder what we will do with pick 1 ;)
Cant imagine the Bombers staying that low for the whole season as much as it would be amazing. In the hypothetical scenario we get pick 1, Rowell would have to be our man. Dominant all round mid with rare acceleration, endurance and good ball use. If its a top 5 pick, I wonder if we split it for 2 mid rd 1 picks. Would give us 3 1st rd picks, 1 for Tom Green (assuming he maintains his trajectory), 1 for an outside mid with quality ball use (Sharp, O'Neill) and maybe a player with breakneck acceleration like a Lachie Potter.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Cant imagine the Bombers staying that low for the whole season as much as it would be amazing. In the hypothetical scenario we get pick 1, Rowell would have to be our man. Dominant all round mid with rare acceleration, endurance and good ball use. If its a top 5 pick, I wonder if we split it for 2 mid rd 1 picks. Would give us 3 1st rd picks, 1 for Tom Green (assuming he maintains his trajectory), 1 for an outside mid with quality ball use (Sharp, O'Neill) and maybe a player with breakneck acceleration like a Lachie Potter.
I wouldn't want to split a top 5 pick. Take the top player available.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Great to get another signing done early on in the season and surprised at the length but I think it shows that the club has told Harry that the club will back him in and also Harry repaying the faith and development the club has put into him
Still a few to go and I think it will be interesting what happens with MDB and his contract as a VC I would think he would be re-signed early on in the season but it could be what money is available to put in his contract and also length
Players to be re-signed
Coniglio
Kelly
Hopper
Tomlinson
MDB
Flynn Hope to see his contract extended by mid season
Buntine? Interesting to see what happens with Buntine, not a huge contract but I feel he needs to have a relatively injury free year and stay in the best 22 for most of the year in order to be a priority and I feel he needs to be taller or faster in order to stay in the 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back